my necro run with 5* aegon, 6* herc, and 7* shuri

BigBusterBigBuster Member Posts: 292 ★★★
I wanted to make this post because I think it shows how doable a path of necro is for people who don't have all the best options (like kate or a r5 ascended aegon). I personally didn't want to use my resources on aegon b/c I hate playing him and can't use him that well. Thus, I went in with the following team:

5* r5 ascended aegon
6* r5 ascended herc
7* r2 unawakened shuri
7* r1 unawakened wiccan
6* proxima

Herc was a last-minute decision that absolutely saved my revives. You'll see why.

I took the Titania-Guardian path b/c I really wanted the ascension dust (and it seemed like the best path for me tied with path 2). Here is my fight overview:

Titania (15-16 revives):
I hated this fight. I was ramping up my aegon, and I think it goes to show how bad I am with him and his animations. Got to 999 combo though, which was nice.

Aarkus (4-5 revives):
Tried to take him down with aegon as I have seen some people do, but it was rough and I was doing barely any damage. I decided to go in with Wiccan who handled it really nicely (although it was really slow).

Omega Sentinel (3 revives):
At this point I was regretting my decision to focus on aegon, because I was not doing enough damage in each fight before I died. I decided to just try a run with herc and took of a solid 30-40% which is when I started to use him as my main damage dealer. Note: Omega Sentinel's armors increase Herc's SP2 damage by a lot.

Airwalker (10 revives):
This was an aegon fight b/c the others were taking too much damage due to the dark tides. Took off around 10% each run using the strat where you get hit.

Cap Britain (1 revive):
First shuri fight of the path. Really trivial fight with her. Could have solo'd if I boosted enough + had a higher tier relic that was ranked up.

Wiccan (1 revive):
Another easy shuri fight.

Psychoman (1 revive):
Pretty easy shuri fight. Her untouchable helps a lot if his sp2 becomes unblockable.

Guardian (1-2 revives):
Easy herc fight. He does SOOO MUCH sp2 damage because of the armors from the node.

Valkyrie (2-3 revives):
I actually used herc and shuri for this fight (since I realized aegon was a lost cause for me). Had a solid run with shuri where I took off 50%. It is kinda difficult though, since I couldn't really parry. You have to intercept a lot and use the relic stun strategically to refresh shocks.

Red Guardian (2 revives):
Another easy herc fight. The node doesn't matter cuz herc is stun immune, so you actually heal from the trauma debuff.

Cap Sam WIlson (4-5 revives):
I wasted a few revives trying with aegon. The rest of my runs were with herc who is solid. I'd accidentally hit his block sometimes which made it a bit harder.

Dragon Man (1 revive):
This was a shuri fight. I turned on pacify so that I could permanently disable his power gain which made the fight a lot easier.

CAIW (solo):
Surprisingly this is the only solo I got. Simple shuri fight. I got through all my necro charges, but he was cooperating by throwing specials, so I was able to squeeze out the last ~10% of his health.

Nova (1 team revive + 4 revives):
I threw everyone at this fight. Surprisingly I got a good run with shuri which took off ~20% of his health. Otherwise the revives were used on herc who was a beast as usual.

Grandmaster (2 team revives + 6 revives):
Most of this fight is easy. I got through the first 70% with one team revive. The last 30% was tripping me up b/c I suck at reversed controls. I just decided to brute force the ~3 million health with aegon, which wasn't too hard. Wiccan handled the last 1% very easily.

Resource Overview:
~60 L1 revives
3-4 team revives
~100 4h crystals worth of heals
No units used at all

Rewards:
2-3 Mutant.
Got a 7* Sunspot and 7* Mangog, which I'm fine with. Prolly not gonna rank anyone yet since my only mutant options are sunspot, gambit, and prof x.

Ended up getting photon from my banquet rewards though, so I'm very hyped about that.

Conclusion:
All in all, I'm pretty happy with my necro run. I may do a few more paths (especially the ones shuri can handle) for the juicy path rewards, but probably not soon. I'm really happy with Herc's performance in this content, and I think it shows that a lot of people can do completion. Tons of ppl have Herc at r5 ascended so it's pretty accessible to them. And honestly, if I'd only used him instead of my 5* aegon, the run would have been 10-15 revives cheaper.

Comments

• JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Member Posts: 441 ★★★
    Dude! Good job! I took the same path with a r4 sig 200 Aegon, and did it in probably the same amount! Excited to see what you pull from Road to the Crypt!

P.S. Professor X and Sunspot are absolutely amazing for r3. If you haven’t tried them out yet, I highly recommend it!

Jinx