Options

Deathless Guillotine Bug

xXmrandersonXxxXmrandersonXx Posts: 28
edited January 10 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi everyone,

Just got my last piece of deathless Guillotine and I saw a weird behaviour in her kit.

Her description says: "1 soul expires every 10 seconds" but what happens is different.
In fact it happens that a soul lasts as long as 1 second, way less than the 10 seconds mentioned.

This specifically happens because souls do not actually expire, but are removed based on the timer which is visually displayed near to them.

So what can and usually happens is that when you gain a soul, the soul timer is already almost expired, so the soul almost never lasts 10 full seconds. On average they last 5, or even less.

This is mostly evident when you have zero souls left, but the timer is still running, so almost every time you try to gain back one soul, it goes away due to timer.

Is this intended behaviour? It does not match what the ability description says, in my opinion, and it makes it really difficult to keep the soul count at a decent level.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    Up, can anyone provide any kind of explanation?

Thank you
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 347 ★★★
    i think you’re misunderstanding what is happening. one of her souls expires every ten seconds. when you gain a new soul when the timer is almost up it doesn’t reset the timer. the new soul isn’t expiring, one of the older ones that has been around for 10 seconds expires.
  • Options
    edited January 11

i think you’re misunderstanding what is happening. one of her souls expires every ten seconds. when you gain a new soul when the timer is almost up it doesn’t reset the timer. the new soul isn’t expiring, one of the older ones that has been around for 10 seconds expires.

Unfortunately, it is not as you say.

It is most noticeable when you have zero souls left and you try to build 'em up again, cause you have the soul timer still running but no souls.

Please check the following screenshots.

Here I just pushed Winter Soldier to 95% health (5% health gone). So Guillotine correctly gains one Soul (Grey circle, yellow skull).

As you can see, in that exact moment I gained the soul, 3/4 of the Soul Timer (Grey circle, white skull) is gone already. So, only 1/4 of the 10 seconds remains. And in fact check what happens in next screen.

The Soul timer reaches the 10 seconds mark AND the Soul is boom gone for good, but it lasted only 1/4 of 10 seconds, so 2.5 seconds.

Thus, the Soul Timer deletes one soul regardless of how long the soul was actually up. Which means, that you have way less than 10 seconds per soul, and that the description is inaccurate. I kindly ask @kabam, is this intended or not?

Thank you
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,937 ★★★★★
    She is deathless and mine died in BGs, false advertising imo.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,198 ★★★★★

She is deathless and mine died in BGs, false advertising imo.

She’s not dead, but it may be a while until we have Knockoutless Guillotine.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,353 ★★★★
    Working as intended imo.

„1 Soul expires every 10 seconds“ does not mean „1 Soul lasts for 10 seconds after being earned“ (otherwise it would say so).

So it‘s just as described that the timer is running infinitely and is removing 1 Soul every 10 seconds (if there is one).
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Thank you @WOLF_LINK, I think you may be right with your interpretation, but wording in ability description is really misleading to me.

Actually your post made me think that there is a description for the timer and soul in "pause" screen too, and it turns out to be this.

Which is extremely accurate of what happens: when the timer expires, Guillotine loses one soul. Fits perfectly.

Now wondering why they didn't use this in the champion ability description too in first place honestly, that doesn't make much sense to me.

Curious that they also implemented this mechanism when they could just set the souls to actually last 10 or less seconds and expire by themselves, without the need for a dedicated timer. Balancing purposes maybe?