**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

selling 5* heroes

i wonder why we cant sell our 5* heroes, with all the time, energy, money spent, why are we for forced to keep unwanted heroes. the 6* collection shards already exsist so please explain

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    14u2nv wrote: »
    i wonder why we cant sell our 5* heroes, with all the time, energy, money spent, why are we for forced to keep unwanted heroes. the 6* collection shards already exsist so please explain

Why would you sell a 5* champ?
  • Options
    this games gives so little to advance/upgrade your heroes, why not sell ones you know you dont want..plus 6* on their way.. i have 26 5* and half i never use
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Cause they want to keep you from getting a 6* as long as possible. They want them to be a long long term goal, and not easily obtainable. Same with T4B's, cant sell those either to get a T5B.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    this games gives so little to advance/upgrade your heroes, why not sell ones you know you dont want..plus 6* on their way.. i have 26 5* and half i never use

Arenas....free points, easy milestones.
  • Options
    thats really unfortunate, it takes so much fun out the game
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★

It helped with people who would have others access their account and sell off their best champs, or when someone's kid or the account owner would accidently sell a champ.

Of course this takes away a good option for the rest of us to protect those mentioned in my first paragraph from their own stupidity/not taking responsibility for the security of their own accounts.

The only (weak) positive is we see less threads on the forums of people asking for their champs to be restored.
  • Options
    i can understand that but all they need to do is add a passcode for selling champs, make a whole new window if thats the reason..
  • Options
    i thank you all for your input
  • Options
    HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Jaded wrote: »
    Why would you sell a 5* champ?
    dzc1hitnanki.png
    cskbhu3k1bsy.png

• Options
    HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    Well, when the 6 star heroes show up, you will probably get even more points in arena with them. And if u could sell 5 star heroes for 6 star shards... just like every other one... this could be a good thing.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Because "they" want you to keep your **** 5* instead of selling them for 6* shards.

The only people affected are the top players because they would be getting 5* shards much quicker than the rest and probably already have a handful of the best 5* champs duped and ready to max when T5B drop. No point in keeping HB ,KK etc if they could be making 6* shards from it.

Kabam knows this.

• Options
    Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I aggree with you 100% give the freedom back. I already asked support about it and while I did not get a positive response. Seems theres sometimg brewing with the coming 6* and T5B.
    Time will tell but it be great to get rid of those crappy champ who I don't even bother using in arena also.
  • Options
    ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    By not allowing you to sell 5* it forces you to pull dupps to get 6* shards making them more rare. 6* are mostly there for the whales and people with all end game content done. Gives them something to work for.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    You never know when a new synergy will come out that makes that bottom tier champ a must have.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    @14u2nv, I can understand your thought on having the freedom to sell your 5*, assuming you don't need that many of them for Arena grinding.

Out of curiosity, out of your 26-ish 5*, how many of them, and which champs are you willing to sell? I suppose KK, IP, Groot, HB, LC, etc are in your list to sell?
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    PLease kabam ban 4 star selling too
  • Options
    MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
    One idea: if selling yields shards for the next crystal up (current top level disabled), it prevents it from being an unqualifiededly bad decision. If what has already been invested also counts, it means that level progression isn't deterred. I would suggest that at base level, one character should yield 10% of the next level up. Possibly every level progressed could be worth another 1%?
  • Options
    PhantomStarrPhantomStarr Posts: 54
    I believe I saw a slogan that said: ASSEMBLE "YOUR" PERFECT TEAM OF CHAMPIONS. (quotes added) If this were a totally free game with no in game purchases, I could see the logic in not being able to sell 5 stars. But since, some actually spend money building their team, we should be able to sell whatever we desire.