**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

The Kaegon Necropolis hard path experience

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,511 ★★★★★
So against my better judgment, I decided to do both hardest paths in Necro with a combination of Kate and Aegon. I’ll just post some highlights here instead of the usual complete breakdown, but this path was simultaneously way better and way worse than I expected it to be

Team:
R5 ascended Kate, R5 ascended Aegon, R2 7* Chavez, R4 Juggs, Heimdall

Odin: I ramped Aegon here with 2 revives. A great fight to ramp him on, and there’s not much to watch for but the inverted controls. I got to a 500+ combo on my first attempt which was cool. Finished the last 50% off with Chavez by using the hemidall method. If you bait an sp3, you’ll never have to bait a heavy again so this fight was a breeze

Claire: Almost a solo? I got clipped right away my first attempt and had to revive, but I took her all the way down with Kate that attempt. Very tricky Kate fight with the inversion, but I’m happy with the outcome

Shang: I hate this fight. There’s so much to keep track of between the inversion and his strikes (and he’ll cleanse your debuffs and apply slow to you). Imo worst fight on this path and I just Aegon smashed my way through in 5 revives 😭

Silver Centurion: Went super well with Aegon cause he just held block one attempt for minutes on end and I was able to take off 40+ percent of his health. Only like 2-3 revives

Stryfe: People were telling me this fight was hard, and it was tricky to control, but it’s actually super fun. I think it took like 3 revives with Kate? The path node is super annoying which I’ll get to later, but with managing your tracking on him, I was able to get 3 coldsnap up and manage the fight well. My main problem here was once again not having health potions, but he’s actually pretty fun. If you take the miss effect for yourself, it’s usually not good cause he gains charges, but it doesn’t matter much with Kate. I used the miss a lot to keep my own effects paused. Wouldn’t recommend Aegon smashing nearly as much for this one

Galan: I thought America Chavez would be great for this, but the stupid miss node made it so hard. I’m sure there is some strategy with her, but I was getting frustrated cause of how slow her heavies were (to count for the miss combo). I could’ve played her regularly maybe, but I figured I’d just Aegon smash through it. Took maybe 5 revives but I didn’t spend very long on this fight which was nice

Sandman: Not really anything special about this fight, but I got so insanely lucky with the AI here. Took Aegon back in and pushed him to sp3, and he didn’t throw it for a looong time. I got to multiple sp3’s, and then tanked his sp3 with heimdall and ended up taking off 80% or so in one go

Shocker: The last major highlight on this path because wow, he sucks. I tried Kate here and I just couldn’t manage the untouchable mode with the reduced stun + his sp1 animation making it hard to punish him. Just used Aegon and about 3-4 revives. Definitely should be able to make a dent with Kate my next 2 attempts without this node though

General path fights I didn’t mention: Each took around 1-4 revives, but they weren’t particularly hard on their own. I just didn’t have health potions and the reverse controls on the first path makes every fight worse than it actually is

I also used my 1-2 gem on Guilly 2099! Not my first choice, but she’ll be so good for the jubilee path that I had to, and I don’t really want to Aegon smash that path. She’ll be my counter for Jubilee, Diablo, SC, and Kitty which is great, and I’ll use Kate for mostly everything else

I think the grand total of revives was 55 or so. No team revives used at all, just solo ones. I’m now revive broke and need to gather more before the last 2 paths. This was a good ceiling for me to see what the most expensive path would probably look like, so I’ll be budgeting around 45 revives per path for the last 2

TLDR;
- Inverted controls suck and Untouchable sucks too
- Aegon smash is good and Kate smash is also good
- Around 55 revives used total
- Guilly 2099 is rank 2 now
- Heimdall saved my ass so many times
- I have a burning hatred for Shang Chi now
- Kate and Aegon combination worked surprisingly great for me, but I probably won’t do it again

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,632 ★★★★★
    I have few questions for you

1) will you suggest an all in Aegon run in the path? Why/why not?
    2) what's the deal against centurion with Aegon? I planned of bringing doom for him? Is he necessary?
    3) I feel like the only revive sink for aegon is stryfe, who is equally tough with kate as well, So do you think it is a good idea to bring two champs (kate and chavez) just for him, I prolly don't use her in first half with reverse controls. Too much to handle.
    4) Why you took stryfe path instead of Mantis path?
    5) I heard there's a bug in shang chi vs aegon fight? What was it and it didn't affected you?

I think you must have godlike skills if you can do that path in 50-60 revs, for a average person like who did other paths in 80 revs, what'll be your suggestions?

Thanks and congo!! Guilly99 is a awesome pick.
  • Options
    Also which paths you have remaining? I did roblin path with aegon nd kate, nd it wasn't that bad. Just that annoying shocker ai and knull F'ed me.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,515 ★★★★★

2) what's the deal against centurion with Aegon? I planned of bringing doom for him? Is he necessary?
    3) I feel like the only revive sink for aegon is stryfe, who is equally tough with kate as well, So do you think it is a good idea to bring two champs (kate and chavez) just for him, I prolly don't use her in first half with reverse controls. Too much to handle.
    5) I heard there's a bug in shang chi vs aegon fight? What was it and it didn't affected you?

I think you must have godlike skills if you can do that path in 50-60 revs, for a average person like who did other paths in 80 revs, what'll be your suggestions?

You can do this path all in with Aegon. I’ve done 5 paths so far that way, including this one.
  • Options

1. You could definitely do an all in Aegon run, I just brought Kate to make Stryfe and Claire easier. He can handle those too, but I think Kate can do them cheaper
    2. Bring doom. For centurion with Aegon, you have to get lucky and he has to hold his sp3. It’s mostly an Aegon smash fight where you go all in and push him to the sp3 + spam your sp3
    3. If it’s just for Stryfe, just use Aegon. I used Kate in other fights too so that’s why I brought the duo
    4. I wanted to finish the hardest fights first and see the ceiling for the revives I’d need. Plus, this is the only path that I think I’m ramping Aegon for and it would make my life so much easier to bring him for untouchable.
    5. Is it the one where he doesn’t gain chi charges? I thought that was because of aegons aar, but yes, it made the fight much much harder

Haha I’m an ok player, I did get lucky a few times here and there. What really motivated me was the fact that I was on a strict revive budget and didn’t have units to fall back on. Any specific fight suggestions you need? I’ll be happy to help

Thanks! Yeah, she hits hard at r2. I soloed Jubilee with her so I’m excited to get back to Necro after getting some revives to test her out more

As for the paths I have remaining, it’s the Roblin path and the Jubilee path (mantis second half and Elsa second half).
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

1. You could definitely do an all in Aegon run, I just brought Kate to make Stryfe and Claire easier. He can handle those too, but I think Kate can do them cheaper
    2. Bring doom. For centurion with Aegon, you have to get lucky and he has to hold his sp3. It’s mostly an Aegon smash fight where you go all in and push him to the sp3 + spam your sp3
    3. If it’s just for Stryfe, just use Aegon. I used Kate in other fights too so that’s why I brought the duo
    4. I wanted to finish the hardest fights first and see the ceiling for the revives I’d need. Plus, this is the only path that I think I’m ramping Aegon for and it would make my life so much easier to bring him for untouchable.
    5. Is it the one where he doesn’t gain chi charges? I thought that was because of aegons aar, but yes, it made the fight much much harder

Haha I’m an ok player, I did get lucky a few times here and there. What really motivated me was the fact that I was on a strict revive budget and didn’t have units to fall back on. Any specific fight suggestions you need? I’ll be happy to help

Thanks! Yeah, she hits hard at r2. I soloed Jubilee with her so I’m excited to get back to Necro after getting some revives to test her out more

As for the paths I have remaining, it’s the Roblin path and the Jubilee path (mantis second half and Elsa second half).
    Thanks, I don't mind mindlessly smashing with aegon, but there are fights where even that is not possible. I'm planning on bringing doom for galan and centurion, along with Aegon heimdall and prof x, just have no idea who to use for stryfe.

Only if stryfe don't have the psychic shielding, I can just use prof x against him.

Who do you think works well for stryfe and help in other fights?
    R4 ascended herc (can r5 him).
    R5 ascended kate (with no chavez).

And what's your suggestion for shang chi? Should I go all in with aegon or maybe power control him with doom? I think you'll get damage only if he throws specials, So maybe doom works?
    Also how to handle claire with aegon? Aegon gets a lot of buffs, actually kate is a perfect counter for claire with her tranq, that's why the fight was easier for you. I think it's gonna be tough for Aegon.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 158 ★★
    Out of all the paths, what are the top 3 hardest? I've finished 2 on the left. (haven't done sauron yet)
  • Options

Out of all the paths, what are the top 3 hardest? I've finished 2 on the left. (haven't done sauron yet)

Sauron was the worst for me. I ramped Aegon against Hit Monkey, wouldn’t recommend. Storm was terrible.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 158 ★★

Sauron was the worst for me. I ramped Aegon against Hit Monkey, wouldn’t recommend. Storm was terrible.
    Yeah, not looking forward to it. Just saving up revives til I can finally do it.
  • Options
    @MrSakuragi how many revives against storm with aegon.Also what team for sauron path? Should i use aegon + kate nd ramp aegon on psychoman?
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Thanks, I don't mind mindlessly smashing with aegon, but there are fights where even that is not possible. I'm planning on bringing doom for galan and centurion, along with Aegon heimdall and prof x, just have no idea who to use for stryfe.

Only if stryfe don't have the psychic shielding, I can just use prof x against him.

And what's your suggestion for shang chi? Should I go all in with aegon or maybe power control him with doom? I think you'll get damage only if he throws specials, So maybe doom works?
    Also how to handle claire with aegon? Aegon gets a lot of buffs, actually kate is a perfect counter for claire with her tranq, that's why the fight was easier for you. I think it's gonna be tough for Aegon.
    Kate without Chavez should be fine. I personally wouldn’t use Hercules. Double coldsnap is still enough, you just need to play really well against Stryfe

Hmm doom could work. You’ll still have to watch your combos cause I think he can cleanse the shock, but that’s actually a good shout. Otherwise just Aegon smash and it should be 5 revives or less depending on how well you manage it

Aegon is a pain for Claire from what I’ve seen. I didn’t bother using him because Kate is the perfect counter. If you’re bring her for Stryfe, you could still solo without Chavez. Just double tranq, fragility, and then coldsnap and you’re good. If you’re using Aegon, you’ll have to play around the reverse controls and nullify really well and she can end your run with one hit
  • Options

@MrSakuragi how many revives against storm with aegon.Also what team for sauron path? Should i use aegon + kate nd ramp aegon on psychoman?

If you have Shuri, Kate, and Guilly 2099, it’d be way cheaper to do the path with them. Kate can solo everyone except storm x iirc and I used 2099 for her
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Kate without Chavez should be fine. I personally wouldn’t use Hercules. Double coldsnap is still enough, you just need to play really well against Stryfe

Hmm doom could work. You’ll still have to watch your combos cause I think he can cleanse the shock, but that’s actually a good shout. Otherwise just Aegon smash and it should be 5 revives or less depending on how well you manage it

Aegon is a pain for Claire from what I’ve seen. I didn’t bother using him because Kate is the perfect counter. If you’re bring her for Stryfe, you could still solo without Chavez. Just double tranq, fragility, and then coldsnap and you’re good. If you’re using Aegon, you’ll have to play around the reverse controls and nullify really well and she can end your run with one hit
    Yeah that's a good idea, I might bring kate and slowly deal with stryfe nd claire. I'm pretty good at kate-bruteforcing.
    I don't have guilly99, I'm planning to just use aegon for storm x nd slowly chip her out.
  • Options

I didn’t use Kate but she would work on a lot of fights. Probably 7-8 revives on Storm. My runs were all Aegon so I preferred an early ramp.
  • Options
    Just wanted some advice for the next path and I’m stuck between Gamora and Vox for spidey supreme. Anyone know who’d work better there? Both 7* rank 1
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Just wanted some advice for the next path and I’m stuck between Gamora and Vox for spidey supreme. Anyone know who’d work better there? Both 7* rank 1

Spidy supreme don't need any counter, You can use anyone. If you have juggs, you can take him for spidy as well as gm.
  • Options
    Gunner14Gunner14 Posts: 36
    I agree you don’t need a counter. Can be a team effort if needed. I have found Prof X works great who I use for final GM phase anyway.
  • Options

Emilia90 said:

Spidy supreme don't need any counter, You can use anyone. If you have juggs, you can take him for spidy as well as gm.
    Thanks! Yeah, I know Juggs works well, but I was thinking Vox/Gam could save me some items since they counter miss and gain lots of buffs. Was also thinking of using them for FAM since I won’t have Aegon