My take of Necropolis post-revive farming.

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 965 ★★★
I took on path 5 (R Goblin) and used up about 60 revives total. I felt it was possible to do a necropolis without the farming (not that I wouldn't do it if it was available). My only gripe was I spending more time dancing hokey pokey with AI than baiting out sp. And when I went in or dash forward is when I get the sp in the face. While dancing with AI, I watch the timer tick off and start getting rooted. At silver centrion fight, I was planning to quit out, but since I've was 4 hours (take short breaks here and there) into it, I decided just to see how far with what's left of revives I had left.
Another thing, dashing back is like moving in quick sand, especially against Knull sp2, shocker sp2, or any long animated sp. You know it's coming, but the swipe back isn't registering as fast as your thumb swiping. It's like it's a half second behind.
Other than these 2 issues, I believe it's doable. So I might go ahead and finish off Necropolis instead waiting for spring cleaning offers of rank up material for valiant.
So those that have a few paths left in Necropolis, I think it's doable without the revive farming, but I would do the farming if it was still available.

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    edited January 24
    You have to dex back twice if AI throw SP while you dex, for now, after 3 months, you'll have to dex 3 times because AI will upgrade itself. 😀
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 965 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

You have to dex back twice if AI throw SP while you dex, for now, after 3 months, you'll have to dex 3 times because AI will upgrade itself. 😀

Wouldn't be surprise if it does happens
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 801 ★★★
    Eh, I'll do the completion and leave the rest of necro to you skilled players out there, I'm 90 revives deep and I still need to take down nova and then GM.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I'm doing my 5th path shortly, this weekend actually.

Only have path 4 and 6 left to do for the 100%. Just takes more time to prepare than it did before, nit a big deal. :smile:
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★

I took on path 5 (R Goblin) and used up about 60 revives total. I felt it was possible to do a necropolis without the farming (not that I wouldn't do it if it was available). My only gripe was I spending more time dancing hokey pokey with AI than baiting out sp. And when I went in or dash forward is when I get the sp in the face. While dancing with AI, I watch the timer tick off and start getting rooted. At silver centrion fight, I was planning to quit out, but since I've was 4 hours (take short breaks here and there) into it, I decided just to see how far with what's left of revives I had left.
    Another thing, dashing back is like moving in quick sand, especially against Knull sp2, shocker sp2, or any long animated sp. You know it's coming, but the swipe back isn't registering as fast as your thumb swiping. It's like it's a half second behind.
    Other than these 2 issues, I believe it's doable. So I might go ahead and finish off Necropolis instead waiting for spring cleaning offers of rank up material for valiant.
    So those that have a few paths left in Necropolis, I think it's doable without the revive farming, but I would do the farming if it was still available.

There are animations frames that are "locked' for lack of a better word. Ideally a game should respond to your action as soon as you do it, but this game doesn't work like that due to the fps. So yeah there are times you input dex and it doesn't happen because you did it a frame too early, you get locked into the animation then have to wait until the next chance to input the desired action.

I'm doing my 5th path shortly, this weekend actually.

Only have path 4 and 6 left to do for the 100%. Just takes more time to prepare than it did before, nit a big deal. :smile:

Totally agree! I'm planning on purchasing the 1K units of revives/refills from EQ completions to finish off the last 2 paths.
    I was apprehensive in the beginning about not having the revive farming to finish NECROPOLIS, and wasn't planning to do it. But realistically feel it's possible as long as you are prepared as you mentioned.
    Bugmat78 said:

There are animations frames that are "locked' for lack of a better word. Ideally a game should respond to your action as soon as you do it, but this game doesn't work like that due to the fps. So yeah there are times you input dex and it doesn't happen because you did it a frame too early, you get locked into the animation then have to wait until the next chance to input the desired action.
    Then I'll have to adjust to it. Thanks for the input @Bugmat78
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Member Posts: 2,653 ★★★★★
    Nice! I'm sitting at 3/6 paths and hoping that I can hop back in in the next week for #4. I know 8.4 will likely be the easier way to get Val, but I'd prefer to get it sooner and this is by far the most interesting content to me at the moment. Would be a lot easier if I was willing to buy revives/units. Still, the EQ completion offers are a solid supplement to building up revives the old fashioned way.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I'm a average player who use 80 revives per path, But I don't have a problem with that.
    Atleast revive farming nerf force me to play carefully instead of going all in Aegon. Also, units seems to be easier to get when you play arenas even for a hour a day ( I can easily farm 300 units from on arena set, + huge amount of chips).

While we are at that topic, If you have a million battle chips, which would you pick? regular arena crystal, Uc or thronebreaker crystal?
  • Go_ToGo_To Member Posts: 317 ★★★
    What if revive farming is still a thing...
  • Grub88Grub88 Member Posts: 341 ★★
    The AI not throwing specials is still terrible. They keep saying the fixed it but they haven't. So many times in the last few weeks AI hold their special and keeps throwing heavy attacks until you are in the corner then forces you to push them to special 3 which they instantly throw
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,354 ★★★★★

Yeah, I'm a average player who use 80 revives per path, But I don't have a problem with that.
    Atleast revive farming nerf force me to play carefully instead of going all in Aegon. Also, units seems to be easier to get when you play arenas even for a hour a day ( I can easily farm 300 units from on arena set, + huge amount of chips).

While we are at that topic, If you have a million battle chips, which would you pick? regular arena crystal, Uc or thronebreaker crystal?

Don't think it matters at 1m, but usually the less battlechips you have the better it is to use the smaller denomination crystals if you are looking for units. Over a large amount like 1 million it averages out to more or less the same.