Options

Hi folks! New on the forums! Weird question but can yall share your opnions on ibom?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 311 ★★

Regarding Ibom, He is my favourite science champ in the game. I returned to game in 2023 after a long break, And I pulled him from a duel crystal. I immediately r3ed him and eventually r4ed and awakened him, He is really underrated science champ.

1. If opponent can be poisoned, they are done.
    2. He do have a strict loop, and unduped ibom is useless for bg attack.
    3. His least spoken hidden utility is weakness on block with his regen from willpower mastery. It allows him to easily block huge specials like it matters nothing. I love it when punisher 2099 launch a sp2 on my block, but my health bar didn't change a bit and he is inflicted with 6 weaknesses.

The only reason my Ibom is still r4 is, I'm afraid what if in the future, He get released as a 7 (He got potential). But hey, Why not I'll just rank him up, Maybe if I pull a rankup gem - generic or science, Can't use catalysts, I'm saving cats for 7* ham.

But, I can ascend him rn, Should I pull the trigger?

Btw was reviewing this thread and just wanted to say that ibom does not have a strict loop.
    He has 3 types of rotations:
    Rotation1( mainly for BGs, shorter questing): build up to L2, launch it and get your aura up, then spam sp1s, not much willpower healing but your opponents should be nuked down pretty fast with those acid burns
    Rotation2(mainly for questing ):same as rotation1 but you can mix some L2s with your L1 spam, so you can stack your aura (best 2 or 3 of them)to get faster damage and more consistent heal suppression(the poison build up faster once the acid burn expires)
    rotation3:for poison immune opponents or extremely large 1M plus health pools, rotate normally and build up to max aura stack, then spam sp1s and stack your self inflicted poisons to max stack, then throw the sp3 and watch the opponent melt. repeat if not enough. most champs melt with 1 sp3.(of course you can reduce the amounts of aura stacked depending on the opponents health pool)

Also yeah best awaken ibom for BGs. much faster.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Not a weird question at all, and welcome to the forum!

Ibom was my first rank 4 6* champion back in the day when those were the hot new thing. I have no regrets about that. I think he's a terrific champion, especially for story content and other questing. Since my main focus (at least when it comes to ranking up champions) is Battlegrounds, it's been a while since I used him, though. If you don't have a good counter for him, he'll wreck you. But if you do - and there are a lot of them around nowadays - then he'll go down quickly. Furthermore, he's kind of a slow attacker. It takes a while for him to build up his damage, but once he gets there, things start melting really quickly.

None of those concerns really matter in general questing, though. It's only when time is really of the essence that he falls somewhat short.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Oh, and as for my favorite champion personally, it has to be Black Cat. I just love her. She feels so smooth to play. Her defensive ability accuracy reduction is so much more versatile than most people realise. I always find new things to shut down, which means I can do extraordinary amounts of damage.
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 311 ★★
    Ercarret said:

Oh, and as for my favorite champion personally, it has to be Black Cat. I just love her. She feels so smooth to play. Her defensive ability accuracy reduction is so much more versatile than most people realise. I always find new things to shut down, which means I can do extraordinary amounts of damage.

Absolutely. Been trying to pull her for a decade. still have not got her lol