Dust Deep Dive!

2»

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,374 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

No surprise, Sandstorm gives you all time cheap damage (not that cheap) and no way for you to avoid, no cool down.

Good work Kabam, keep creating this kind of champions then increase difficulty of tactics, you players would love to spend more money on potions.

Do you ever stop complaining about the game being too hard? It's really not.
  • Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 365 ★★★
    I wish they added a weakness to incinerate cause heat turns sand or dust into glass…
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★

FunnyDude said:

No surprise, Sandstorm gives you all time cheap damage (not that cheap) and no way for you to avoid, no cool down.

Good work Kabam, keep creating this kind of champions then increase difficulty of tactics, you players would love to spend more money on potions.

OK, then why do Kabam reduce the difficulty of AW tactics and AR? If it's not too hard, why do they bother to change them?
  • RockyshockyRockyshocky Member Posts: 107 ★★

I wish they added a weakness to incinerate cause heat turns sand or dust into glass…

you wouldnt believe what counters her sand mechanic
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,374 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

OK, then why do Kabam reduce the difficulty of AW tactics and AR? If it's not too hard, why do they bother to change them?
    Cause some of the Raids mechanics were absolutely broken (talking specifically about the blocking missions when those pierce passives are huge), Dust's abilities are not. A champ having a strong defensive ability similar to Terrax, Mephisto, Maestro (and other champs who already exist in the game) is not the same. You claim it's unavoidable damage, do you not know how to dash back and keep your distance until it runs out? A lot of champs already require you to do this which is exactly why you're the only person on this thread complaining about it, it's really not a big deal try to enjoy the game for once and continue to improve.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★

Let me guess: the OTHER champ that gets released this month, so that players go crazy in crystals trying to obtain her...?
    edited February 5

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Cause some of the Raids mechanics were absolutely broken (talking specifically about the blocking missions when those pierce passives are huge), Dust's abilities are not. A champ having a strong defensive ability similar to Terrax, Mephisto, Maestro (and other champs who already exist in the game) is not the same. You claim it's unavoidable damage, do you not know how to dash back and keep your distance until it runs out? A lot of champs already require you to do this which is exactly why you're the only person on this thread complaining about it, it's really not a big deal try to enjoy the game for once and continue to improve.
    I'm not sure if you complained AW tactics and AR are broken BEFORE Kabam changed it, but I'm pretty sure some people said those things are great before Kabam change it, and blamed me for complaining. After that, those people said Kabam made good changes, they love it. These people make me sick.

Come back to the topic, I didn't see there is a description to say keeping distance can avoid the damage, if there is and I missed that, then my bad, please point it out I will admit I made a mistake.

Why I"m always complaining? because I'm always damn right, at the end, Kabam always changed the things I've complained, not because of me, but outcome is what I said is right. Each time I complained because I can see or foresee the issue.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★

Its actually the only thing that does counter her. If she's inflicted with incinerate her sand debuffs start to fall off without any additional effects
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★

Let me guess: the OTHER champ that gets released this month, so that players go crazy in crystals trying to obtain her...?
    Not even close
  • MrSoundeffectsMrSoundeffects Member Posts: 17
    I just wish that Dust had an unique synergy with my boy Sandman, but if there is a hidden mechanic between them like with Cyclops and Havok that would be cool. Other than that Dust is pretty damn cool.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Minus the prowess and purify punish this is what sandman's kit should have been

Minus the prowess and purify punish this is what sandman's kit should have been

I would argue sandman is better than she seems here
    She seems good, but I'd be lying if I said i wasn't hesitant about her.

She seems to have good damage, though we'll have to see how long it actually takes to build up her sand in most matches before really giving it too much thought.

Her immunities are nice but I'm a little concerned about her general utility. The glancing parry is nice for sure, but her unstoppable counter is only active during sandstorm which it seems like you want to spend as much time without activating before you're at 3 bars so you can build up sand quicker than the prowess, unless you wanna do loads of mini bursts which seems like a waste. Beyond that her non contact mediums seems kinda pointless given that against korg her lights wouldn't matter anyway and even against attuma without using mediums you aren't going to be able to build up any sand so I'd rather use someone like dani moonstar, who also has more useful unstoppable and evade counter.

It's weird that they push her as being a skill purify counter when unless she's max sig she's probably not gonna be inflicting more sand than she's able to naturally purify with her lights anyway, she seems like she's gonna pop off much more against nodes like biohazard and caltrops than she will against purifiers. It's not like toad where natural skill purification increases his damage output tenfold, she's gonna be ever so slightly quicker.

She still seems cool, I'm just surprised at how they're pushing her as a skill killer since she seems like if she's not max sig she's gonna be as good against skill champs as any other class
    EdisonLaw said:

if Sandman and Storm had a child: it would be Dust.

More like shocker and storm pyramid x
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Member Posts: 565 ★★★

So is sandman going to be immune, just curious?

No chance. His kit has already been out and they will not add "sand" immunity. Also would be pointless to do so.
    It could be one of those unspoken interactions like how havok and cyclops don't hurt each other with specials. That would be cool
    Looks like I'm correct again, unavoidable damage from Dust, 582 X 2 damage per second from 6R5, 20% more damage after ascending. Btw, she is crush2.0, good luck dude, don't complain.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,052 ★★★★★

Idk.. I just know that we already make choices and sacrifices when selecting our Mastery builds.
    And they have been saying they will update the respec system for just about as long as I've been playing the game (since 2016), but it still hasn't happened. We still have to wipe and rebuild an entire tree simply to adjust even one mastery. So, yes.. it's annoying if now champion abilities can just remove a portion of the build we have selected (especially when a quick change system has yet to be implemented) tbh

Excellent point. It really seems like if this is the path forward in design then it’s only fair to put it back on the team to provide us with mastery builds.