**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Masteries 2.0

Way back in 2021, there was a post explaining plans for masteries 2.0 with loadout. It was stated that it was likely a 2022 plan. We are now in 2024 with no insight or direction on if they are coming. I have included a screen shot from the post as well as a link to the post. Any insight from the dev would be amazing.

https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/dev-diary-spring-summer-2021/

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    edited February 7
    Any benefiting or QOL either comes behind paywall (express arena change for sigil) or doesn't even come.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Sometimes yall seem to forget, plans change.

This plan definitely shouldn’t have. I’m not expecting completely new masteries, but the loadouts and flexibility should’ve been introduced a long time ago
    At the end of the day, it's up to kabam to deem what should be and shouldn't be planned or worked on. And if people don't like that then there's the door tbh. It's kabams game. We're just playing it however we can. If they feel like it's time to move on to something else, what can you do about it? That's their decision.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Did they not talk about this in one of the Christmas livestreams? Or was that just about the mastery cost

I’m pretty sure they did give an update in the last 2 months. I think it was something like it’s really complex and there’s no timeline for now, but they are working on it.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Did plans change? Is it canceled? Is it delayed? Will it be out in a few months? Who knows, because Kabam refuses to comment on this topic. And rollout being around 2 years late, it isn't unreasonable to expect clarification.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Buttehrs said:

Did plans change? Is it canceled? Is it delayed? Will it be out in a few months? Who knows, because Kabam refuses to comment on this topic. And rollout being around 2 years late, it isn't unreasonable to expect clarification.
    Think about what you just said. It's 2 year later. Obviously plans have changed in some way. Why communicate it now when it's very clearly obvious.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Buttehrs said:

Dtl7714 said:

Buttehrs said:

Think about what you just said. It's 2 year later. Obviously plans have changed in some way. Why communicate it now when it's very clearly obvious.
    It is obvious something changed. It is not obvious to what. Again delayed or canceled? And what is the big deal with just saying the status. An update once every year or so isn't a big ask.
    They aren't obligated nor required to give us any kind of information. At all.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

Considering how big of a part of the game they are, it's amazing that masteries are still untouched and pushed to the side :frowning:

Mastery loadout technology already exists in the game at BGs.
    But the decision to keep that QOL change only to that mode, makes no sense to be honest.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    The truth is they'll never change masteries, its too embedded in the system. They even have some champion's abilities tightly coupled with them.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 476 ★★★
    Kabam are just way too inept to be bothering with making changes to such a system, and I wouldn't want them to try because it could frankly introduce a lot more bugs into the game unintentionally.

They can't even rustle up the 4 mastery points that have been missing from peoples accounts for 6+ months! I think they have given up on trying to keep their customers satisfied.

The blunders they have made in the past 6 months are about as unprofessional as it gets if you ask me, no wonder they ran Forged to Fight into the ground.
  • Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 68

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Somehow they are working on it right now. There is this bug with the mastery points from act 4/5 and Jax said that it’s a historically driven pain to solve that.

This took now several months and is still ongoing. And it’s only regarding missing mastery points.

Now imagine to reinvent the complete mastery system which is the backbone of the game. I assume we will never see it
  • Options
    TheninThenin Posts: 49
  • Options
    DrZedicusDrZedicus Posts: 16
    Daily bump #1, some insight from the dev team would be nice :)
  • Options
    I found my answer in another post, in the event anyone else ends up here like I did

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/360402/mastery-update