Options

WOW Abs Man help, PLEASE

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,173 ★★★★★
edited February 13 in General Discussion
So I just dumped another energy refill trying to fight Abs Man after taking my Hulk to R2 and after watching others’ videos making great runs and even soloing the fight.
Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong that makes him turtle up and dance instead of throwing specials? I’ll leave myself open right in front of him and he’ll just keep dash/dex/dash/dex all my furies away.

Also at the end of the video is a nice example of how he also side steps and light intercepts me non stop like a boss.

I’m at my wit’s end here, I just can’t get any sort of rythym, consistency, AI cooperation, nothing.

Any/all help and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated here. This is right off of the back of exploring Necropolis for an average of 40-70 revives per run, so I’m not a scrub, but this fight really makes me wonder if I’m 1/4 as good as I thought I was.

https://youtu.be/acYrfmYqzcc?si=dvlL_BesLOsE5c8f

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Why are you only baiting sp1? Alternate sp1 and sp2, and make sure to heavy counter so he doesn’t get refined. And when you get him down to 50% try to sp3 at 15 fury’s when he’s not in any form. Then go sp1 spam stun lock and he should die.
  • Options
    Sticking to sp1 because I parry which builds up his charges and if he throws his sp2 he’ll be refined and it’s an instant death
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I just did the fight again but way easier this time. Work to sp3 don’t parry at all. Bait a special or two but make sure hes not in form when u throw sp3. Throw sp3 at 15 fury, then sp1 stun lock to death. My hulk is 31k too.

• Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    So you are keeping him in Uru (very high physical resistance) while not dropping a heavy to change your damage type, which is defaulted to physical at the start of the fight.

Try by dropping a heavy at start of the fight -> change your damage type to energy, then heavy counter his special when you are at 3 bars (or close) to switch your damage back to physical, enter rage and disable his form. Then sp3. Then sp1 stun lock.

you can see a great example in @JT_Supreme's video.

Also don't worry about the sp2s, he only refines with specials when at max charges or when already in the same form. If he doesn't want to throw sp1s and goes passive, let him alternate... don't let him though if he's at 600 and you can't heavy counter his sp2.
  • Options
    Trying all of this but after I throw and sp3 and try to race to the sp1 he just turtles and I only get to sp1 when I have 2-3 furies left. AI will just not play aggressive enough for me to get a good run at the sp1 stun lock…. Like Never
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,813 ★★★★
    The hulk thing is an illusion. It's just outdamaging abs man with a highly ranked 7*. Don't believe that if you have a low ranked 6*.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 984 ★★★★
    Once he’s low enough don’t bait any specials. Just build to 1.9 bars of power and stun lock for 10-15% then revive and repeat
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,194 ★★★★★
    One could say.. it's chovner
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 984 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Boooo take a lap
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,194 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Boooo take a lap

• Options
    Bafamet_1979Bafamet_1979 Posts: 40
    You should heavy into sp3 after his sp1. It will remove his form and allow for some big damage.
  • Options
    UPDATE:

I finally got him down with R2 7* Hulk (boosted), but none of the SP3-SP1 rotations ever worked for me. I ended up burning 6 revives and used @Cat_Murdock 's method of going straight to the SP1 stun loop with 15 furies and do as much damage in a run as possible and then revive. It was still a slog, but at least that method I saw positive progress every run even when he regened at lower health.

I hope they really adjust something with this fight for the final Gauntlet, because this fight was a nightmare and now well designed/thought out (still don't know how they tested this pre-release and thought it was a good challenge to release with those objective.... :neutral::unamused: )