**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* Skill rank up poll

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
My Skill 7* Roster has been my weakest up until the last few weeks. I spent a long time with only one champ - Elsa (who certainly isn’t bad but also isn’t the best skill champ). However, over the past few weeks I’ve pulled Mantis, Crossbones, and today Black Cat. And also Ronin but don’t view him at the same level as the others.

I had pretty much decided to rank up Mantis, but just had a feeling I should hold off until the Romance event and now I’m glad I did given the Black Cat pull.

So, who do you think I should rank up? I have the 6* Black Widow relic so can pop that on Black Cat. She is probably my top option now, but I do have to figure out how to play her. That said, I have been impressed with Mantis as I’ve put her through her paces, and Crossbones is also quite good even without the dup - particularly since I have Odin and Mangog at 7* to help with the fury duration problem.

From a game mode standpoint, story content is my primary priority, but I do also do enough BGs that it is worth factoring in. I get to GC most seasons.

7* Skill rank up poll 38 votes

Black Cat (have 6* Black Widow relic)
63%
PantherusNZTendersquadBigTuna_2054MityAntLmaoPikoluAyden_noah1jcphillips7ReignkingTWDeamon1337BeastDadSaltE_Wenis69Burrito2525JT_SupremeLickyHighlander2mbgibsonJJMACMarvelfan30Zha 24 votes
Mantis
23%
Spity68SecondSkrillerErcarretNikunj_95ILoveDrDoomTrongNovKlippNemesis_17Mrt9810 9 votes
Crossbones
7%
Luke952313579rebel_Grub88 3 votes
Elsa
2%
Cat_Murdock 1 vote
Other (please specify)
0%
Hold your gem for someone else
2%
OldManHop 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 113
    I just R3’d my 7* black cat yesterday and I’m loving her so far
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Mantis
    Black cat and Mantis both great
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Nacho98 said:

@Nacho98 Thanks - any tips for using her? I’m a solid but not outstanding player so looking for the ‘scrub’ version.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,764 ★★★★★
    edited February 14
    Mantis
    I LOOOOOOVE Black Cat, but she hits upward well. Meanwhile, I used Mantis a lot a couple of months ago and really liked her as well, but got an influx of various champs over Cyber Weekend, Christmas and after Necropolis, so it's been a while since I used her. When I did use her (7r1) in Battlegrounds recently, I discovered that her SP2 didn't nuke down my opponents the way it used to when I didn't go up against mostly 6r5s, 7r2s and 7r3s. And the problem is, if it doesn't nuke the opponent down, it's a lot of building up to another SP2 required to actually get them down.

I personally like Black Cat more as a champion than Mantis, but if you really enjoy both champions, I feel like Mantis would probably benefit from the rank-up more than Black Cat would.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★

Nacho98 said:

@Nacho98 Thanks - any tips for using her? I’m a solid but not outstanding player so looking for the ‘scrub’ version.
    Intercept or punish specials/heavies to grab the Calling Card. Throw it back to them and go back and forth to build up your crits. Launching a sp2 while you have the card puts a nice Sabotage debuff on them, or you can let the Heist time expire while they have the card on them, and it'll apply the Sabotage as well. She made for a nice Thing killer in BGs even with the polka dot power node due to Sabotage and the direct damage it can deal.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Between black cat mantis and elsa
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    That relic is a big help too on her.
  • Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 113

Nacho98 said:

I’m not the best at her either but I’m getting better as I play more. Mostly I just bait heavies and heavy counter to try and flip the card as much as possible. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that then just punish heavies and then parry heavy. I’ve felt that if I’m using the sabotage then I don’t really need to flip the card back and forth a bunch because of the damage from failed abilities is enough. Other than that just SP2 before the time runs out. She’s a lot of fun and I’m not the best at her yet