**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which ascended champ would you be LEAST likely to ban?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,694 ★★★★
I’m trying to plan my next ascension and debating between HT, AA, and Silk, all R5 and awakened.

I want the advantage of the ascension but don’t want whichever champ I take up to end up perma banned.

Silk is probably my favorite right now, but she is also available as a 7* so it evens out. So any of the three are fair game and pretty even in my mind, hence the help request.

Which ascended champ would you be LEAST likely to ban? 103 votes

Least likely to ban ascended Archangel (awakened, max sig)
33%
GamerzuffyVegeta9001MasterduxGaudyGMoneyOpandemonioDeNeDieAyden_noah1Light_StormGhostrunner01Ewell65SSS69Heroesforhire18_ReignkingTWOmedennGlassbackBen_15455WinterFieldsCrcrcrcSceptilemaniac2spidyjedi84 35 votes
Least likely to ban ascended Human Torch (awakened, sig 40)
12%
DrZolaThatGuyYouSaw235Doctor_Strange19ChrisRM93Trek26Ferahgo13579rebel_Mikes_momdoggyIgnieelKontestmanVicky5454jj_jj_9 13 votes
Least likely to ban ascended Silk (awakened, sig 60)
53%
RaganatorTendersquadRagnarok13pseudosaneWicket329EvangelionlovrMoosetiptronicScopeotoe987Justcause102Beewee돌껑이mgj0630captain_rogersGreekhitMilan1405ItsClobberinTimeErcarretAomine_Daiki10o_oBeastDad 55 votes

Comments

• Options
    UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 394 ★★★
    So many defenders that are very good archangel is bad for like korg attuma photon onslaught kindred maestro and soon dust even some I didn’t name counter him
  • Options
    Interesting- a much clearer response than I was expecting. I guess Silk is slightly more niche than the other two who can do so much.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★

Interesting- a much clearer response than I was expecting. I guess Silk is slightly more niche than the other two who can do so much.

It's that the other 2 can completely shut down the champs they match up against. Torch makes all of your mystic defenders completely useless and Archangel makes it so almost every champ who's not immune to bleed or poison useless.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    I'll never take away AA from myself.

And I don't have HT so autoban.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Only because I use him a lot myself
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited February 16
    All you gotta do is put up a bleed or poison immune and AA is useless.

Side note, the amount of guys trying to take my r2 antman with AA is funny, people forget he is poison immune now.
  • Options
    Hmmm.. the ‘ I won’t ban him so I don’t lose him myself’ is a good thing to think about as I decide.
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    I don't run aa or torch so most of the time they are autobans for me
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 173 ★★
    Even though I don't normally run Silk, I'm still more likely to ban the other two in a generic meta based on my deck. All are good choices though to ascend.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 367 ★★
    edited February 16
    I just R5ed my AA, so thats not gonna happen.

I want to R4 my HT, but I need science T5CC, and I want to R5 my Scorpion first…so HT is a autoban for me atm.

Silk is not an issue on defense.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★

Hmmm.. the ‘ I won’t ban him so I don’t lose him myself’ is a good thing to think about as I decide.

@Oakenshield I tend to decide in bgs rankups using this logic

Let's say you don't have all 3 of them as 6* or above. Which one will you include in your bg layout even as a 5*? When you're a paragon+ player with a huge set of 6* r4+ / 7* champs in your roster, If you really decide to include a 5* in your bg layout, then that champ must be a must have.

Personally I have 5* Human torch and 5* Archangel in my bg layout, all others are 6*/7*s. Silk is great, Human torch is great as well, But I do think Archangel is pretty mandatory for bgs.
    But if you rather include a 5* silk over a 5* Archangel, you can go with ascending silk. But you may think in this way before ascending.
  • Options

So many defenders that are very good archangel is bad for like korg attuma photon onslaught kindred maestro and soon dust even some I didn’t name counter him

Archangel is one of the best counter for onslaught completely shuts him down.
    Remember onslaught is not bleed/poison immune he just take no damage from bleed but bleed still applies.

Not even close to best onslaught will cause as to take damage and then has 2 non contacts making you unable to parry him so your gonna have to take a ton of block pen in hopes to maybe do good but still then gotta sp1 to apply poison so many problems all I’d call it is doable but high risk
  • Options
    @captain_rogers thanks. Actually these are all 6* R5 champs to clarify.
  • Options
    Out of these 3 though silk the most threatening most versatile hard to prevent her offense and she’s got very good damage
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★

Remember onslaught is not bleed/poison immune he just take no damage from bleed but bleed still applies.

Not even close to best onslaught will cause as to take damage and then has 2 non contacts making you unable to parry him so your gonna have to take a ton of block pen in hopes to maybe do good but still then gotta sp1 to apply poison so many problems all I’d call it is doable but high risk
    Obviously not the best, but since onslaught has very few counters in general, and he is one of the common champ, I'll say archangel is great counter.
  • Options

Obviously not the best, but since onslaught has very few counters in general, and he is one of the common champ, I'll say archangel is great counter.
    Very few is not true you’ve got shock lady death hulk kitty herc silk tigra many can do it archangel has so many risks it’s not worth it
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    I would ban only silk since I don't have her at high rank. AA and Torch are at least rank 4 so I would want to use them for myself.
  • Options
    AA catching up on Silk - I’m assuming because of the argument many of you have made about not wanting to ban him for yourself. Starting to lean towards him for that reason.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    It really depends on the meta.
    But if we can generally speak about who is a higher threat as an attacker, Torch followed by AA are instant wins in their good matchups.
    @Oakenshield if you want a guaranteed ban from your deck r5 and ascend Torch 😉
    I have an r4 Torch at my deck and whenever my opponent has an r5 or r5+ Torch, I have to ban him to avoid the lost match up 🙂
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    I would probably never ban Silk unless I relied heavily on some specific mystic champions. Meanwhile, Torch and AA can really mess up your entire day if the opponent gets a hold of them. That's kind of why I personally ascended both, though. Now I usually don't have to worry about banning them myself since I know my opponent most likely will do it for me. Saves me two bans.

Still wouldn't use any of those extra bans on Silk, though. (Not saying that she's a bad champion in any way, just that she's not on my ban list.)
  • Options
    @Ercarret now that’s an interesting strategy. Might just do that with AA.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

I would probably never ban Silk unless I relied heavily on some specific mystic champions. Meanwhile, Torch and AA can really mess up your entire day if the opponent gets a hold of them. That's kind of why I personally ascended both, though. Now I usually don't have to worry about banning them myself since I know my opponent most likely will do it for me. Saves me two bans.

Still wouldn't use any of those extra bans on Silk, though. (Not saying that she's a bad champion in any way, just that she's not on my ban list.)

Who else do they usually ban? For me it's my 6r5 ascended Maestro and Onslaught...they can't ban those champs quick enough
  • Options
    I get a pretty healthy mix. Probably most common are my R3 SpiderHam, my Titania, my R2 Maestro. Sometimes my R2 awakened Domino or my R2 Sunspot. Occasionally my Torch, but almost never my AA.