Options

Ok I feel like the hate is being very misdirected here

PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 959 ★★★★
edited February 17 in General Discussion
Ok I feel like the content creators are getting a lot of misdirected hate here.
Let's be honest here most of us wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty of these challenges if the rewards weren't so bad. To make this content "Optional" they have SEVERELY UNDERTUNED the Rewards
I'm getting ready to farm some dislikes from this but this is just my opinion.

Although Fin's challenge is undeniably insane

Comments

• Options
    ahmynuts said:

According to lags the ccp discussed the rewards before these challenges dropped. Specifically about titan shards but kabam declined to change them

I knew it, the CCP had no say in the rewards for these challenges except from getting to choose the champs for the selectors and the emotes
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,368 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

According to lags the ccp discussed the rewards before these challenges dropped. Specifically about titan shards but kabam declined to change them

Yeah there's reports that this challenge have dropped late but I wonder why Kabam did not thought of improving rewards for the delay?

Like honestly who even wants 6* random champion selector.
    I don't think the challenges themselves dropped late. It's that when they were being developed the rewards were locked in for a different point in the game and kabam didn't want to update them before the release of the challenges. It's more like the rewards are for when the idea was first conceived instead if where the game is at now when the challenges were intended to drop
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,314 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

Yeah there's reports that this challenge have dropped late but I wonder why Kabam did not thought of improving rewards for the delay?

I don't think the challenges themselves dropped late. It's that when they were being developed the rewards were locked in for a different point in the game and kabam didn't want to update them before the release of the challenges. It's more like the rewards are for when the idea was first conceived instead if where the game is at now when the challenges were intended to drop
    Someone said they were supposed to drop in Oct.. not sure if that was from a creator or not.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,597 ★★★★★
    Yes, a creator (KM or Lagacy) said it was supposed to be October.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

Someone said they were supposed to drop in Oct.. not sure if that was from a creator or not.
    I thought he said that they were discussing these prior to October and the battlerealm brawl, not that they were actually supposed to drop at that time
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,139 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

I thought he said that they were discussing these prior to October and the battlerealm brawl, not that they were actually supposed to drop at that time
    Karatemike mentioned on his stream that these were originally scheduled to come out the month after the Iron Man buff and his challenge was going to give an opportunity to show how good he is now
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

PT_99 said:

ahmynuts said:

Karatemike mentioned on his stream that these were originally scheduled to come out the month after the Iron Man buff and his challenge was going to give an opportunity to show how good he is now
    Ah that makes sense. I wasn't able to catch Mike's stream when the challenges dropped. I was only able to pop into lags for a little bit because I wanted to see what path he was taking since his challenges were the easiest lmaoo
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 889 ★★★
    This actually the first I’ve heard of there being hate directed at the content creators?

Guess I’m out of the loop.
  • Options
    edited February 18
    Ashacekar said:

Ok I feel like the content creators are getting a lot of misdirected hate here.
    Let's be honest here most of us wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty of these challenges if the rewards weren't so bad. To make this content "Optional" they have SEVERELY UNDERTUNED the Rewards
    I'm getting ready to farm some dislikes from this but this is just my opinion.

Although Fin's challenge is undeniably insane

That's not true that if rewards were better we won't complain, i can do tough challenges if i m certain with many revives, have the champ or requirements satisfied and it doesn't increase my stress level. If all conditions are met, i can do it for 1* shards.

Here Lagacy made his challenge for every one to enjoy Stark spidey, a free stark spidey was given inbox and the path in challenge suits stark spidey so that's well thought out challenge. And moreover it's a 5*.

For other challenges, they don't present zemo, mojo, tigra etc. as an enjoyable champ. Even if you have 7* or high ranked 6*, you are not guaranteed to complete it. The challenges even have multiple defenders which make life tough for the featured champ.
    So you're telling me if the rewards for Fin's or KM's challenge were a fully formed titan,(which is just a hypothetical but that's besides the point), You still wouldn't do it just because you have to use some revives?
    Also yes you're correct that the specific champ requirements are very very annoying but AGAIN if the Rewards were that good this would have become an evergreen piece of permanent content that people would be excited to take on at some later date even if they had to collect these certain champs.
  • Options
    Case in point Necropolis: A LOT of people learnt playing certain just so they could explore necro.
    I personally had to learn playing wong who I had absolutely no prior experience with (Because I never pulled him before I got the 7*) and I'm still learning Shuri
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,523 ★★★★★
    I think the problem with the champion selectors is pretty logical. Most people who will be doing these challenges have every champion in the basic pool and have them awakened. So most of the time you are getting 275-550 7* shards and 20 sig stones. Not great.

People who don't have those champs are unlikely to be doing it anytime soon.

Of course there are exceptions. The majority of those exceptions however are the people who have already done it and are doing it again in a ftp alt account, i saw a little bit of msd doing it today.

Just an observation.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,139 ★★★★★

I think the problem with the champion selectors is pretty logical. Most people who will be doing these challenges have every champion in the basic pool and have them awakened. So most of the time you are getting 275-550 7* shards and 20 sig stones. Not great.

People who don't have those champs are unlikely to be doing it anytime soon.

Of course there are exceptions. The majority of those exceptions however are the people who have already done it and are doing it again in a ftp alt account, i saw a little bit of msd doing it today.

Just an observation.

But the 6* selectors aren’t meant as a reward, they’re meant as a tool to enable players who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attempt a challenge to be able to do so. If you already have everybody you need for it, then it’s just a tiny bonus. But the real reward here are the 7* selectors and r2 gem. Everything else is just nice to have.