Options

From which country/region you are? No sensitive data please, only your country!

13»

Comments

• Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 423 ★★
    edited February 20
    Another country in the world
    Canadia
    The land of poutine, bagged milk and bacon that looks like ham.
    Yes we live in igloos and ride polar bears everywhere
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,577 ★★★★★
    edited February 22
    England

Waiting for the first irate post from a Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish person **** that England got listed and the rest of the UK didn't/England listed not UK.

(response which is somewhat humorous, somewhat truthful, and somewhat actual inquisitive..)
    (and no disrespect, but..)
    Well, as soon as you can make up your mind as to *WHAT* your *COUNTRY* actually is.

I’m actually curiously wondering when someone says a COUNTRY (as in an official Country), what exactly is it over there ?

From what I know, yes there are different regions, or formerly separate countries, etc, which England is just one of.
    And then Great Britain (which GB includes Wales and Scotland along with England).

Although not sure what is referred to if you just say “Britain” instead of “Great Britain” ? Is the standalone “Britain” synonymous with “England”, or is it just shorthand for the larger “Great Britain” ?
    And what about which people are “British”, is that also synonymous with just the English, or any of the English, Welsh, or Scottish ?
    *or* remembering further, is “Britain” and “British” represent yet another intermediate stage, being the combination of just England and Wales ? And is that why the Royal Flag does not represent Wales independently, because they were already combined with England prior to joining with Scotland later on to become Great Britain ?

Then adding Northern Ireland becomes the UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).

Which (of any of these) would be classified as a wholly independent and wholly self-governing COUNTRY ?

And why do things like sporting events seem to have different participation, depending whether it is say the Olympics (which “Team GB”, I assume that would be Great Britain, excluding Northern Ireland ?), versus World Cup, in which the *COUNTRY* itself may not actually be what is represented (seems like each of England, Wales, Scotland, etc all have their own separate World Cup teams ?)
    One would think that whatever the official Country is over there would also be how that Country would be represented in sporting events that are “per country”.

(and all that earlier doesn’t even count talking about the British Empire, and/or other Territories that fall under the reign of the Monarchy)
    Bassicaly how it is, is England, Scotland, n Ireland and Wales are .... a country. UK is....... a country. Britain is ig...... a country. I'm from England and trust me its complicated. I think officially England is a region and UK is country but no on says region of England
    Mackey said:

Waiting for the first irate post from a Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish person **** that England got listed and the rest of the UK didn't/England listed not UK.

(response which is somewhat humorous, somewhat truthful, and somewhat actual inquisitive..)
    (and no disrespect, but..)
    Well, as soon as you can make up your mind as to *WHAT* your *COUNTRY* actually is.

I’m actually curiously wondering when someone says a COUNTRY (as in an official Country), what exactly is it over there ?

From what I know, yes there are different regions, or formerly separate countries, etc, which England is just one of.
    And then Great Britain (which GB includes Wales and Scotland along with England).

Although not sure what is referred to if you just say “Britain” instead of “Great Britain” ? Is the standalone “Britain” synonymous with “England”, or is it just shorthand for the larger “Great Britain” ?
    And what about which people are “British”, is that also synonymous with just the English, or any of the English, Welsh, or Scottish ?
    *or* remembering further, is “Britain” and “British” represent yet another intermediate stage, being the combination of just England and Wales ? And is that why the Royal Flag does not represent Wales independently, because they were already combined with England prior to joining with Scotland later on to become Great Britain ?

Then adding Northern Ireland becomes the UK (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).

Which (of any of these) would be classified as a wholly independent and wholly self-governing COUNTRY ?

And why do things like sporting events seem to have different participation, depending whether it is say the Olympics (which “Team GB”, I assume that would be Great Britain, excluding Northern Ireland ?), versus World Cup, in which the *COUNTRY* itself may not actually be what is represented (seems like each of England, Wales, Scotland, etc all have their own separate World Cup teams ?)
    One would think that whatever the official Country is over there would also be how that Country would be represented in sporting events that are “per country”.

(and all that earlier doesn’t even count talking about the British Empire, and/or other Territories that fall under the reign of the Monarchy)
    Put some real thought Into this aye 😂. My understanding is that the counties are England Wales, Scotland, Ireland. Great Britain is the island of Scotland/England/Wales and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    .. well that says it in the name.
    They aren't counties. I live in England ik. Counties are like middlesex Essex etc but u wouldn't know about them unless u r in uk ig
    *deleted*
    Edit - I realised I missed the letter "R" out of my original comment. I wasn't meant to type counties 😂😂