**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

How much energy did you use before you had a good Gamma/Robot WoW run?

jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,070 ★★★
I do what I always do and procrastinate, and with a few days left, I still need to do Gamma and Robot.

I’ll have to use r3 She Hulk and 7r1 G2099, and I’ve tried a few times unboosted when my energy is full and I don’t feel like using it for anything else, and every time hasn’t merited much. Not even to the point I’d want to use a revive and take a go at it again, as I think the solo with She Hulk is honestly the best way to not lose progression on the fight.

So I ask, how much energy did you use (or ‘waste’) before you had an ideal run?

I’ve got 22 refills, and while that gives me hope since it’s 154 attempts, if they’re all like my past runs, it’ll all be for nothing.

Would really like to go into the next WoW with 5 points instead of 3.

Comments

• Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 112
    I used 5 full energy refills to get the hang of it and have a solid initial battle with my hulk. Probably used 10-12 of the 20% revives to get it done. 😬😔
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,940 ★★★★★
    I think I used 2 energy refills for the gamma objective before I got an ideal fight. I was learning how to control his forms and do my stun loop with OG Hulk (didn’t use SH here) and I finally got him down when everything lined up

The robot one was much easier for me. I think it just took 4 attempts with 2099 before I got an ideal fight. Just had to revive once and get him down after because you don’t have to worry about the regen
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

I think I used 2 energy refills for the gamma objective before I got an ideal fight. I was learning how to control his forms and do my stun loop with OG Hulk (didn’t use SH here) and I finally got him down when everything lined up

The robot one was much easier for me. I think it just took 4 attempts with 2099 before I got an ideal fight. Just had to revive once and get him down after because you don’t have to worry about the regen

I guess I’ll have to try the Robot one after all. What was your strategy with G2099 and what level is your G2099 @Emilia90 ?
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,155 ★★★★★
    About 2 refills for Robot..more for OG Hulk/#Gamma and the other objective (I've blocked it from my mind) actually but that helped me learn the BS of the fight for when I did do #Robot.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,940 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I guess I’ll have to try the Robot one after all. What was your strategy with G2099 and what level is your G2099 @Emilia90 ?
    I have a r2 7* Guilly. The strategy was to hold block, intercept when needed, and spam sp1. It’s a luck based fight in terms of how much he crits through the block so I needed a few attempts to get him down enough. I think I got him to 18% and then went back in with a revive. If you make sure that he never throws a special, he’ll never regen
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 463 ★★★
    edited February 18
    I think it took all my energy and a refill before I finally started to get the rhythm down on R3 She Hulk. I had a couple good runs but no solos so I started over until I got the fight down and got the solo.

For 7* R1 G2099 it took a couple refills. Then I saw Vega’s stream where MSD was coaching him through that fight and just followed the strategy. It did take me 5 revives though because I’m obviously nowhere near MSD’s level.
  • Options
    GaudyGMoneyGaudyGMoney Posts: 26
    I don't think I used any energy refills, but I did stagger my bunches of attempts until I had full or near-full energy - I want to say I had roughly 20 attempts for each, using She-Hulk for Gamma and Viv for Robot. Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be, but still, I'm praying none of the future Winter of Woe opponents have ridiculous regen to play around.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,070 ★★★

I think it took all my energy and a refill before I finally started to get the rhythm down on R3 She Hulk. I had a couple good runs but no solos so I started over until I got the fight down and got the solo.

For 7* R1 G2099 it took a couple refills. Then I saw Vega’s stream where MSD was coaching him through that fight and just followed the strategy. It did take me 5 revives though because I’m obviously nowhere near MSD’s level.

Alright, cool. Yea, I would like the solo with She Hulk, but I fully expect to have to use a few revives for G2099 which is fine. I’ll probably use the hour-length rainbow boosts (30% at the least), sit down and then just rinse and repeat til it’s over with.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,151 ★★★★★
    Gamma: 10 energy.
    Robot: none because I am not doing that lol
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    Full refill for #gamma, but I just used the smash and die method with Hulk.

Full refill for Sandman, but I burned 5-6 revives finishing it off.

Prior to that, I probably burned 6+ refills testing out the fight and trying to understand modes.

Robots objective not done yet, but I’ve entered half heartedly about 6 times currently.

Another metric I will add: usually in GC and done with EQ by this time of month. Neither done as of today.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

I have a r2 7* Guilly. The strategy was to hold block, intercept when needed, and spam sp1. It’s a luck based fight in terms of how much he crits through the block so I needed a few attempts to get him down enough. I think I got him to 18% and then went back in with a revive. If you make sure that he never throws a special, he’ll never regen
    Ok thanks. My G2099 is only R1 but I might give it a go if I get some time. I just hate Abs Man so much.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,436 ★★★★★
    I only needed one
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    I used like 4 energy refills for the gamma one, 1 for sinister six and skipped the robot one
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 463 ★★★

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Ok thanks. My G2099 is only R1 but I might give it a go if I get some time. I just hate Abs Man so much.
    The important thing to note with G2099 is you don’t want to him any reason to throw a special. That means stopping combos short to block and learning how to block/reparry. The AI is janky, too. There were 2 times he threw a special while I was blocking which makes no sense. But yeah if he throws that special when he’s low on health, it makes you want to rage.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,242 ★★★★★
    I used 15 energy refills, and then finally just decided to stick with daily energies.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    I did not care about a solo. But I knew I could take it down with strategy of revive spam.
    Prepped for few days watching ytube.

Champion 20%, attack 15%, health 15%.
    10 energy.
    R2 hulk, 2 revives, mild healing.

Took a break of few days.
    Repeat above boosts.
    10 energy
    R1 G99, 4 revives, full healing.

Took a break of few days.
    Repeat boosts
    30 energy.
    R3 6* sandy, 3 revives, full healing.

All this without changing my masteries from recoils.
    There are too many bugs using sandman.
    There's lag and then theres root bug.
    All in all, only expiring items.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★★