**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Where my experts at?

So I'm assigned to path 9 in my ally. Was wondering if anyone knows if the decay attack tactic would still work on path 9. I'm wanting to bring Silk..but dont wanna take damage if the tactic doesn't work to stop dot damage. I feel like it would..but not willing to take the chance amd was hoping someone here may know. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 156 ★★
    Decay attackers will work, I use QS on that lane all the time. The fourth fight where you take damage if opponent stun doesn't get negated though so keep that in mind
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Full disclosure, I'm probably not the expert you're looking for, but my assumption is that Silk wouldn't be the greatest decay attacker.

The resistance to DoT effects only lasts as long as the debuffs are up on your opponents. So while Silk can stack a lot of debuffs, they have VERY short durations. You have to be a KarateMike level expert to sustain them. But that means once her Silk's debuffs fall off, she'll lose her DoT resistance, and you'll start taking full damage.

Again, that's purely an assumptions on my part. I've always wanted to try, but assumed it wouldn't work for the reasons above, so if anyone can disprove that, please let us know, cause I'd love to use her for that lane also.

OP, for what it's worth, I usually take Photon for the decay tactic, but regardless of who you use, look out for Void, cause he'll still wreck champs relying on decay. Kindred can ruin decay too depending on which node he's on.