**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My big problem with Battlegrounds Gladiator Circuit

PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
edited February 26 in General Discussion
I'll get a lot of dislikes and get goods because that's the easiest illogical response but here's my biggest logical complaint about BG. The matchmaking in the end game (gladiator). I've played for almost the entirety of the games life. I'm not the best player. But I'm not complete garbage. I obviously have a stacked account so my prestige or whatever is pretty high up there. I understand lower level accounts getting upset about the struggle of matching up. But BGs is an arena style mode. Make it random. It's the Gladiator circuit it shouldnt be based on accounts prestige anymore. I'm not saying I don't want competition. But at zero points I'm EXCLUSIVELY getting paired against other top tier legends and I can't get three wins to save my life despite perfect matches. It makes even 3 bi-daily wins a complete nightmare, like im competing for the top spots in the entire game. I get it It's the THUNDERDOME!! But again. It shouldn't be this challenging at freaking Uru unless I'm a level 40 accnt with no experience. If you think there is an absolutely valid reason why in an arena style format a weaker account has the right to higher rewards than mine without having to play me for them I'd love to hear it. 😅 the guys/gals who beat me deserve better rewards but the other players don't even have to step up.

Comments

• Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,150 ★★★★★
    You match against similar rating (ELO, MMR, in LoL and Dota 2) players.
    This season is extra challenging due to the low amount of players playing this mode
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    edited February 26

Just because you’ve been playing for a while and have a big roster doesn’t automatically qualify you for higher tiers. Ranking up specific champs that are good for certain metas and making sure your deck and draft are good are just as important as skill.

You missed the point love. If I lose to someone. They deserve to get better rewards. I'm talking about lower accounts not even having to play against me to place better in a shared rewards placement format
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    Did matchmaking change over the weekend? Cause I think I saw another post over the weekend complaining their weak roster is getting matched with whale accounts a lot? Lol
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 461 ★★★
    Pandingo said:

Just because you’ve been playing for a while and have a big roster doesn’t automatically qualify you for higher tiers. Ranking up specific champs that are good for certain metas and making sure your deck and draft are good are just as important as skill.

You missed the point love. If I lose to someone. They deserve to get better rewards. I'm talking about lower accounts not even having to play against me to place better in a shared rewards placement format
    I understand your frustration but you mentioned you’re being exclusively paired with top tier legends. I’m just saying your deck and draft have a significant impact on how well the match goes and ranking up champs to help you in certain metas will increase your chance to win those matches. I matched someone with 4 R3s and I only have 2. But my draft helped win me the match. It’s possible to punch up and win is all I’m saying. Just trying to help.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I think it is important to point out

GC does not take your account into its matchmaking scheme

The only thing that matters is how many points you have in GC
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 171 ★★
    It’s a PVP mode where everyone plays everyone. It was originally designed for end game players at launch, if you’re a player who account is smaller or isn’t quite as skilled then you’re gonna struggle.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    You don't understand how matchmaking works.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I didn't manage to climb I'm stuck in vibranium2. I like less and less, too many big roosters for my account unfortunately. I only play it when I'm at 9000 dean to not lose any. 5 victories is too much for me
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

It's a competition. You're fighting for the same rewards.

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Superbowl this year. The garbage Denver Broncos beat us, should we give them the Superbowl trophy?
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★

Pandingo said:

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Superbowl this year. The garbage Denver Broncos beat us, should we give them the Superbowl trophy?
    No but you should probably give it to the 9ners cause that holding was ridiculous.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Emomike said:

Pandingo said:

No but you should probably give it to the 9ners cause that holding was ridiculous.
    Right.... but we should ignore all the missed calls that could've benefited the Chiefs? Like the missed 1st down call?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

So...because you can't compete against other Players at your level between Bronze and Gold, you think much lower Players should be vastly overpowered because you've earned it? How does that logic apply?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    As for the GC, it's a free-for-all in the same Tiers.
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 193 ★★
    I feel losses in gc is too damaging. I think we should lose half the points we lose now. I wanted to hit 840k solo points in battlegrounds but the problem that always happens with gc presented itself. You start to win and gain points you don't want to lose so you limit your play. That's how I approach it usually tho. The stress that comes with falling is just a little too great. I've hovered around mysterium 1 for a week or 2 but I haven't played in 5 days and I'm still mysterium 2 and haven't had the stress of playing which I feel good about.