**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing Sagas! More Rewards, More Power for your Champions, and More Fun!

Greetings Summoners!

Today, we’re excited to introduce you to a brand new addition to the Contest, Sagas! Sagas are multi-month-long seasons of content that will provide a consistent link between different areas of the game, and give strength and relevance to your roster.

Our goals for Sagas are to create more connection, bringing different parts of the game together in interesting ways, create more purpose, providing more value to existing rosters and create new value for rank-ups and chasing Champions, and to provide more rewards with a reward identity unique to Sagas!

We'll be sharing more information about Sagas throughout this week, but you can start with our Introduction to Sagas on our Blog here.

We'll have a video dropping later this week, and be sure to tune in to our Live Stream this Friday at 9am PT over twitch.tv/kabam for even more information.

PS. Nightcrawler is getting a surprise Tune Up! Check out his spotlight for more information.

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,460 ★★★
    In game mail said we can get 5 to 7 star nc. If I were to get paragon before the event ends would I get the paragon reward? Asking because I just need 2 r4s for paragon.
  • Options
    Nvm just read the post above mine and it seems I will be able toget the paragon reward. Correct me if I'm wrong though someone
  • Options
    Doug555Doug555 Posts: 26
    That's A LOT...
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited February 26
    This sounds overly-specific to me. Why can't I just use the champs I like using and have fun, instead of pandering to these SAGA seasons that make you need to have an even deeper and more developed roster?
  • Options
    BAzzyBAzzy Posts: 7
    How does Void keep making these lists? He is the only science champ, wish we could swap him out for Rintrah.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    It looks incredible, I can't wait to know more
  • Options
    YESSS
  • Options
    JesNie96JesNie96 Posts: 11
    Will the april saga also come with unannounced buffed champion?
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Milan1405 said:

This sounds overly-specific to me. Why can't I just use the champs I like using and have fun, instead of pandering to these SAGA seasons that make you need to have an even deeper and more developed roster?

If I recall properly, you are Valiant, with a pretty decent roster, why would you be mad?

This is made so non-meta champs that maybe you dont like but many others do, can have a use over the game.

I really love the idea, there are a lot of champions that arent relevant at all but that I really like either playstyle-wise or lore-wise, so I hope this is as cool as it looks!
    True, but I already love playing non meta champs and sadly if they aren't part of the tag it's not gonna be really feasible for me to play them.

Ofc, Kabam could implement this brilliantly. It's absolutely an interesting idea in theory, but tbh I'm pessimistic because of previous events/ideas that have not been implemented well at all. But if Kabam do in fact do a great job I will happily eat my words :)
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★

So will the 7-star NC be earned by playing the game or will require money to get all the pieces?

They have mentioned we will be able to purchase it in store with rune stones that will collect across various mode. Now that store item could be 6* to 7* crystal or directly 7* NC. Not sure. But they would definitely not paywall it. It's a use saga champs in game modes, earn runes and purchase your rewards in store thing.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    Any possibility of Magik 6 star? It is in the publicity, it would be the opportunity for a rework
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

So will the 7-star NC be earned by playing the game or will require money to get all the pieces?

He will be totally earnable, but I want to make sure we set expectations that this is meant as a chase prize, so it will require some effort. There will be the ability to purchase some runestones if you need them to catch up, but they are not necessary if you're playing the content and getting them all yourself.
    All right, that sounds good.

Are the pieces "guaranteed", like getting them on certain milestones or so, or are some of them in rank rewards that only a few will be able to achieve?
  • Options
    Ackbar67 said:

Note that Mojo is a saga tactic champion, so if you haven't done Fintech's Mojo EoP run, if you wait a week it sounds like it'll be a free additional boost

Good call
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    Is it 1 champion you can get every season (over 3 months) or you can get more per season? And will these champs not be in the base pool anytime soon like the carina selectors, or they will make it to the base pool much sooner?
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    This event look really spicy! Some different content, cool! That's the way to get Nice fun in the game
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    Ackbar67 said:

Note that Mojo is a saga tactic champion, so if you haven't done Fintech's Mojo EoP run, if you wait a week it sounds like it'll be a free additional boost

My 6* R3 sig 20 mojo would have needed this when I punished myself doing with the challenge with an R3
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

He will be totally earnable, but I want to make sure we set expectations that this is meant as a chase prize, so it will require some effort. There will be the ability to purchase some runestones if you need them to catch up, but they are not necessary if you're playing the content and getting them all yourself.
    We need to be in an Alliance to be able to get them right? I mean, we will have to play Alliance events and content like AQ, AW, etc... Or can we get that Nightcralwer by ourselves?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    CharChar Posts: 35
    edited February 26
    Will the champions from both pools receive the health and attack boost if they’re used for attack in the game areas listed?

And are special quests like EOP, gauntlet considered separate from the Event Quests/Side Quest on the blog post?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,956 ★★★★★
    From deathless chase to runestone chase, we came a long way.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    So this exclusive arena... how is it exclusive? How long is it? I know most arenas are 3 days, but some special arenas will run for 7.

Just trying to plan ahead and budget my time haha
  • Options
    edited February 26

@kabam miike

Will buffed champs like NC affect gauntlet version ( for CCP carinas challenge). Is it seperate coding and remain as old kit? Or update to new kit?
    Thanks!

@Kabam Miike