Sandman and Dust

Kirberus_Kirberus_ Member Posts: 35
Okay so.... The debuff which Dust applies on the attacker is.... Sand and hear me out, We got a guy named sandman.... Guess what??He's made of sand.... Still he gets damaged by sand... so basically my guy is running a suicide mastery without any benefits. What is the reason behind that? Is he not immune to the thing he's made of?? or you gonna say that the sand of a mutant and a science champ is different..?? And don't get me wrong, sandman is a good champ at least to me, but this dust and sandman interaction doesn't make sense.

Anyone with a decent reason for this "feature" ?

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    The fact that sandman is newly released character and instead of making some new design we got SAND 🥴
    Makes no sense. But whatever.
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    Sandman came out before Dust. Do you expect Kabam to create immunities for abilities that aren’t even out? Do you realize how dumb that would have looked? And do you realize how niche your ask is? You want Sandman to become a direct champion ability counter which honestly reduces his value more than anything else.
  • Kirberus_Kirberus_ Member Posts: 35
    Rookiie said:

Sandman came out before Dust. Do you expect Kabam to create immunities for abilities that aren’t even out? Do you realize how dumb that would have looked? And do you realize how niche your ask is? You want Sandman to become a direct champion ability counter which honestly reduces his value more than anything else.

At least do something to make him a decent counter to the very thing he's made of?? How does that reduce his value?? he already has a good kit and I use him in my own roster and love the guy. Who said they should've made him immune from the start? when the champ (dust) released the could've also stated that sandman has some sort of resistance or immunity? You're basically saying that a champ will reduce his value for being a counter to a character who's damage is unavoidable despite having immunity to other things and also having a kit well suited for some nodes ?
    Kirberus_ said:

Rookiie said:

At least do something to make him a decent counter to the very thing he's made of?? How does that reduce his value?? he already has a good kit and I use him in my own roster and love the guy. Who said they should've made him immune from the start? when the champ (dust) released the could've also stated that sandman has some sort of resistance or immunity? You're basically saying that a champ will reduce his value for being a counter to a character who's damage is unavoidable despite having immunity to other things and also having a kit well suited for some nodes ?

Bingo you answered my question. He already has 3 immunities and a kit very well designed for some nodes. Would you rather Kabam have created his kit to counter Dust only? You can’t have it all. Pick one. So yes his value would have been diminished.

And, Kabam can’t jump around like monkeys retrofitting champs just because it makes sense in one forum user’s head. Do you even know how development companies operate?
  • Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Member Posts: 689 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Kirberus_ said:

Rookiie said:

Bingo you answered my question. He already has 3 immunities and a kit very well designed for some nodes. Would you rather Kabam have created his kit to counter Dust only? You can’t have it all. Pick one. So yes his value would have been diminished.

And, Kabam can’t jump around like monkeys retrofitting champs just because it makes sense in one forum user’s head. Do you even know how development companies operate?
    To be fair, they have done stuff like this in the past, making Mag's immune to Emma Frost's reverse control(before any tags or immunities were added)
    Making it so that Havok and Cyclops can't damage each other with thei specials
    Warlock having an interaction with Cable because of his virus and giving him charges every second
    Probably more that I'm forgetting.

So it doesn't feel outside of the realm of possibilities for them to make Sandman immune to dust, or something like that

Rookiie said:

Kirberus_ said:

Rookiie said:

To be fair, they have done stuff like this in the past, making Mag's immune to Emma Frost's reverse control(before any tags or immunities were added)
    Making it so that Havok and Cyclops can't damage each other with thei specials
    Warlock having an interaction with Cable because of his virus and giving him charges every second
    Probably more that I'm forgetting.

So it doesn't feel outside of the realm of possibilities for them to make Sandman immune to dust, or something like that

Let Kabam decide that then, I’d prefer that instead of this:

• Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★

Sandman should absolutely be immune to sand debunks...

The dude is literally made of freaking sand! How's my guy taking damage from sand when he's literally made of sand?!?

It took them a long time to make Iceman immune to coldsnap and frost bite. Maybe they will realize their folly and fix sandman at a future update.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited February 28
    I mean it would be a great easter egg if he were
  • MasterAKUMAMasterAKUMA Member Posts: 26
    The og Ghost Rider didn't have incinerate immunity until the CGR came out. So, you know, that's Kabam
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    It took literal years for Hellfire characters to be incinerate immune and iceman to be coldsnap immune. Don't bank on this for a while.