Options

Deep Dive: The Serpent

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,545 ★★★★

Comments

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,124 ★★★
    Looks pretty good. I main Titania and AbsMan a lot so that synergy should be useful for questing, and having a new Cosmic take Herc’s place should be fun. I can also see him taking over Adam Warlock’s spot in my BGs deck, since I mainly use him for a defense option anyways
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,372 ★★★★
    Is he one of DLLs designed champions? If he is.. he might be a beast.
  • Options
    @Emilia90 Agree with Dex but turning off willpower can sometimes be a good thing, like if you have regen and they inflict Petrify or run Despair, you could take a lot of damage from heal reversal
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 693 ★★★
    psp742 said:

He is a DLL design
  • Options
    @ItsClobberinTime But you will take some block damage and Serpent also has access to pierce too
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@ItsClobberinTime But you will take some block damage and Serpent also has access to pierce too

Not if he doesn't have the pierce passive which he only gets once he's at 8 charges. You remove charges easily by knocking him against the wall which sure might not be too easy because of that new green passive (forgot the name) but I can already see what the strategy is going to be against him to counter him.
  • Options
    edited March 2
    @ItsClobberinTime Probably champions that can throw tons of specials or have power control.
  • Options
    psp742 said:

He is
  • Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 124 ★★★
    While everyone is focusing on his annoyances as a defender, he looks legit for everything else as well. Might be the best questing champ that has come out in a while
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,048 ★★★★

While everyone is focusing on his annoyances as a defender, he looks legit for everything else as well. Might be the best questing champ that has come out in a while

Fr, he's so cool...
    I love the whole concept of Curlforce charges and Hour of the allfather passive, the sp2 is so cool with that rift he opens, Dread is cool too, I'm dissapointed he dosent have a Worthy pre fight but he's so stacked who can be mad... but his ramp up seems so long, I'm worried how whether it'll work well with Necro's time limiting charges

But what I don't get is... how does his sp1 inflicts FROSTBITE or its Coldsnap, of all things? The beam he shoots seems like a normal laser beam... nothing cold about that... instant Incenerate I'd get it, but instant Coldsnap?
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,118 ★★★★★
    Just thinking about my time against the whales of BG continues to get tougher. I personally feel a bit of accomplishment as I plow through massive accounts every season to make it to the circuit. I remember a time when I'd get a few instant quits or "easy" matches but nope ... my account is no slouch but it pales in comparison to what I face in BGs nowadays.

Can't wait for the gap to widen and face all these Serpents lol
  • Options

Fr, he's so cool...
    I love the whole concept of Curlforce charges and Hour of the allfather passive, the sp2 is so cool with that rift he opens, Dread is cool too, I'm dissapointed he dosent have a Worthy pre fight but he's so stacked who can be mad... but his ramp up seems so long, I'm worried how whether it'll work well with Necro's time limiting charges

But what I don't get is... how does his sp1 inflicts FROSTBITE or its Coldsnap, of all things? The beam he shoots seems like a normal laser beam... nothing cold about that... instant Incenerate I'd get it, but instant Coldsnap?
    Maybe cold means a deep fear?

• Options
    @TheTrueBeast10 Agreed plus he has some cool pieces of utility.
    An easy access to a miss and evade countering effect in true focus
    Pierce (which counters Future Ant Man), resistance to power burn,
    A potent bleed duration reduction (which makes him nigh bleed immune)
    Power gain (common for cosmics)
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 402 ★★
    He’s to cracked to be left alive…
  • Options
    @Darkraw346 actually he has persistent charges which should make your effects stronger across a quest, they even mentioned it in the rotation
  • Options
    @Wicket329 Also Kushala and maybe Magik?