Options

I love the direction Kabam is taking …

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
… with Sagas and the new Side Quest.

For the first time in forever, I’m really looking forward to playing the SQ.

1) Introducing Sagas and themed resources in solo milestones to rank up X-Magica champs.

2) Introducing Magic Heist with a chance to acquire a 7-star version of Serpent.

3) Introducing Runestones to be able to acquire a 7-star newly buffed Nightcrawler.

And of course exclusive Kingpin profile pictures in the Magic Heist arena.

There’s something to win for somebody almost everywhere you look.

Raffling off new champions by engaging us in objectives rather than solely pushing Cavs is an amazing pro-player decision. If you don’t win, guess what? There are amazing milestones along the way.

Aside from that, giving us access to newly-buffed champs at higher rarities is also a major pro-player move.

They are really going hard on the principle that there is something to win for everyone and I hope they keep this up moving forward.

Cheers, Kabam!

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    I like most of the content coming but the way they've kinda forced a square peg into a circle hole in war without any proper testing is a bit much. So many fights that you flat out have to revive through now.

But all in all its a positive, just have a couple seasons of not caring at all about war IG.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,553 ★★★★
    KP profile pics are meh..

To be honest the risk here is time commitment to these sagas…

So fair part 1 isn’t too time demanding but I fear it will
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,784 ★★★★
    Monthly themes to aquire a 7* and provide rankups for a specific pool is good. It is definitely helping my 6* roster, i will rankup the ones i was either waiting on or won't usually do. Pursuing a free 7* also encourages user engagement across game modes.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★
    PT_99 said:

You'll get your appreciation when you fix your damn AI !!
    There's an ai fix coming in the update today
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I don't like the raffles to be honest. A few players just get exceptionally lucky and get the champion, the rest of us have to grind or spend money. Having entered pretty much every livestream giveaway etc and never won anything, as have a lot of other people, it doesn't feel great.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,048 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

I don't like the raffles to be honest. A few players just get exceptionally lucky and get the champion, the rest of us have to grind or spend money. Having entered pretty much every livestream giveaway etc and never won anything, as have a lot of other people, it doesn't feel great.

Nah, every crystal opening is a raffle, they just usually have a consolation prize of shards and iso. I honestly really like the raffle system, fully expecting I’ll never win it. I hope that they continue with it in some capacity in the future.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,779 ★★★★★
    edited March 14
    Sigh … I hate to say this, particularly because I was so excited about March - but this month has been a sh*tshow.

I still maintain that the X-Magica saga and Serpent raffle are wonderful. However:

1) 120 runestones for Nightcrawler is overturned and not worth it. You’re asking me to spend an absurd amount of time on a game mode that I don’t enjoy to get something I am not sure that I want - that’s a clear no.
    So, like most summoners, I will drop this.

2) SQ: while I personally like the format and the number of fights - the number of objectives is mind-boggling. A new currency, two different types of keys, a multitude of objectives intertwined to unlock the keys, and an additional milestone. On top of that, a bug which doesn’t tally points properly, and the old SQ wedged in the middle of it all … it’s so convoluted!
    This HAS to be the most poorly executed SQ in recent memory.

3) The AW tactic: no comment here, as I’m not impacted, but from what I’ve read …
    Dear God Kabam.

I was not worried when I initially published this post - I had a feeling that Kabam were on to something. It seems I was wrong:

The design is good.
    The effort is too high.
    The rewards are too low.

I take it back, this post did not age well.