Well done Kabam!

Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
Week 3 of winter of woe is a huge success! Good job everyone who designed that fight, as well as the objectives. It's very fun and not too restrictive; I hope the rest of winter of woe is as fun as this. Also the lag seems to have reduced a bit for me which made getting the solos possible (Abs man, chavez, quicksilver) and the reduced energy timer is a huge pro-player move during this winter-of-woe period where there is so much to do in the game. I hope Dani Moonstar is as fun as hulkling was.

Comments

• jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Elitist Wicket Hot Take: this was too easy for this content.

Absolutely agreed that it’s a fun fight. I like it a lot, and I think it’s got a place in the game. I think that if you scale his stats down he’d make a great story quest boss.

But like… I should not be able to go in and solo a WoW boss on the very first attempt. It should require practice. Instead I got three solos within a single energy meter, without having gone to YouTube or the forums for advice first (used Chavez, Abs Man, and Ronin).

This fight was just a big Hulkling. There were no damage threats besides getting hit, the challenge came from being able to damage him, which was done by knocking him down and hitting into his block. You don’t need 3000 IQ to manage that.

That all being said, I’ll withhold total judgment until the final quest is released. It’s always possible that taking multiple of these fights together will be substantially more challenging than the sum of their parts.

I soloed all 3 before even KT1 had finished them all. I was a bit surprised.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    kus234 said:

It's funny when it's hard we cry when it's easy we cry.. who r we????

Wicket329 said:

Absolutely agreed that it’s a fun fight. I like it a lot, and I think it’s got a place in the game. I think that if you scale his stats down he’d make a great story quest boss.

But like… I should not be able to go in and solo a WoW boss on the very first attempt. It should require practice. Instead I got three solos within a single energy meter, without having gone to YouTube or the forums for advice first (used Chavez, Abs Man, and Ronin).

This fight was just a big Hulkling. There were no damage threats besides getting hit, the challenge came from being able to damage him, which was done by knocking him down and hitting into his block. You don’t need 3000 IQ to manage that.

That all being said, I’ll withhold total judgment until the final quest is released. It’s always possible that taking multiple of these fights together will be substantially more challenging than the sum of their parts.

You’re making some very broad statements based on some very poor reading comprehension here.

And you’ll have a hard time finding where I cry over hard content.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    I wonder if Nebula and Hulkling were tuned down after what happened with abs man or these were the original fights and objectives from the start.
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Yeah, but you are forgeting that there is a gauntlet at the end of all four fights and most likely at the end of all 4 seasons. So yes, by itself it might be easy, but look at it in the context of doing all fights at once, you need some easier fights in between and not all pain points. Plus we dont even know what the final objectives will be like.

Wicket329 said:

Yeah, but you are forgeting that there is a gauntlet at the end of all four fights and most likely at the end of all 4 seasons. So yes, by itself it might be easy, but look at it in the context of doing all fights at once, you need some easier fights in between and not all pain points. Plus we dont even know what the final objectives will be like.
    I’m not forgetting that. Read the last paragraph of what you quoted.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    Hot take Nebula was easier
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,952 ★★★★
    Honestly, I'd say this WoW week was a complete success. They created a fun fight, which, while being easy, made the game, well, fun. It's extremely difficult to create a fun fight that's also really enjoyable (prime examples being GM and Superior Kang), but I appreciate the fact that Kabam chose to go down the fun route, as opposed to the WoW Abs Man route.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

Really? I thought there were so many more opportunities to mess up against nebula. Shock when hitting into block + auto block + unblockable and the objectives for her (personally anyway) felt much harder. Massacre and Chavez are both easy solo options this time when I had to do a 10 minute scorp fight for nebula
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★

Honestly, I'd say this WoW week was a complete success. They created a fun fight, which, while being easy, made the game, well, fun. It's extremely difficult to create a fun fight that's also really enjoyable (prime examples being GM and Superior Kang), but I appreciate the fact that Kabam chose to go down the fun route, as opposed to the WoW Abs Man route.

But is it fun because you don't have to use resources, because it's easy or the fight was well planned and executed?
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★
    Eh it’s fine. The last two fights in Winter of Woe are making up for that first fight. It’s a fight that completely takes away your block on a character where other than sometimes spacing out the SP 1 is easier than many to stay out of range. It’s just that a lot of players are used to this style of play from years of parry being commonly eliminated by nodes in many quests. It’s a fun fight and too many people aren’t taking the win here for some reason.
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 272 ★★
    Let's stop fusing about anything and everything..I appreciate the post starter .. yes it's a fun fight and we all are liking it... Some challenge..more ways to do..all in all very fun and let's just enjoy rather than trying to dissect it..
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Really? I thought there were so many more opportunities to mess up against nebula. Shock when hitting into block + auto block + unblockable and the objectives for her (personally anyway) felt much harder. Massacre and Chavez are both easy solo options this time when I had to do a 10 minute scorp fight for nebula
    Honestly against Hulkling if I blocked I died
    Against nebula all I needed was a shock immune the autoblock and unblockable were easier to deal with
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    It was fine the way it is. Good Fight. Some things will be too easy for anyone.
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 272 ★★

And they are called Crybabies
    kus234 said:

And they are called Crybabies
    It’s truly wild that you’d rather insult people for what you think they said than actually read what was written.
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    the trick is finding a proper balance ... what we've gotten lately is so far skewed on one end be that hard or easy and there's no middle. they either strike out by making it just unnecessarily hard or strike out making it too easy ... the goal is in between .. making a fun and difficult fight that properly challenges without being just some over the top to please a few people.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    edited March 7
    They got the paragon masses weeded out with abs man . All those that couldn’t get him down can’t reach all the objectives for the deathless king groot piece and the final milestone available to obtain. And they got enough units from everyone else.

That’s all they wanted….
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

True need the node of, "Defender only takes 10% damage then after defender gains indestructible unblockble."
    This week was too easy 😎
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    As Wicket said, I do think it's important to bear in mind that although nebula and hulkling seem straightforward now, at the end, we will have to do all these fights in a row, and potentially with some pretty restrictive teams, depending on how Kabam wants to do it (e.g class based or tag based).

Also a lot of content in the game isn't 'fun' right now. EQ and side quests are pretty dull, BGs has its fair share of problems for many people, Fintech's challenges are a nightmare etc. So what, if this hulkling fight is a tad on the easy side? It's fun and that's a trade-off I'll happily take any day of the week. I often criticise Kabam when I think they've made a mistake, so it's only fair to give them credit where I think it's due.
    Milan1405 said:

As Wicket said, I do think it's important to bear in mind that although nebula and hulkling seem straightforward now, at the end, we will have to do all these fights in a row, and potentially with some pretty restrictive teams, depending on how Kabam wants to do it (e.g class based or tag based).

Also a lot of content in the game isn't 'fun' right now. EQ and side quests are pretty dull, BGs has its fair share of problems for many people, Fintech's challenges are a nightmare etc. So what, if this hulkling fight is a tad on the easy side? It's fun and that's a trade-off I'll happily take any day of the week. I often criticise Kabam when I think they've made a mistake, so it's only fair to give them credit where I think it's due.

Yeah, truly no problem with it if we get to the final quest and find that Hulkling is designed this way to offset more challenging fights on his path. That would make perfect sense.

Appreciate you reading through that last paragraph, I know I can ramble. I figured I’d draw a fair bit of flak with that post, but just had to put the opinion out there.

My guess for the layout of the final quest is:
    PATH ONE:
    Abs Man
    Nebula
    New Challenger Approaches
    Shared Boss

PATH TWO:
    Hulkling
    Dani
    New Challenger!
    Shared Boss

Alternatively, I could see it also being Abs Man/Hulkling and Dani/Nebula as the path pairings. If Dani is tougher, the idea might have been to pair an easier fight with a more challenging one. Either way, I’m looking forward to it.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 368 ★★★
    I completely agree.
    I smoked the fight within like 5 mins of it coming out.
    I also agree that abs-man was way overtuned, nebula was meh but this fight is just easy.
    People say take the W or it's a "fun" fight but I just don't get where the fun is in a fight like this. No challenge, no problem solving. Just button mash and you win.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Member Posts: 952 ★★★★
    edited March 8

I completely agree.
    I smoked the fight within like 5 mins of it coming out.
    I also agree that abs-man was way overtuned, nebula was meh but this fight is just easy.
    People say take the W or it's a "fun" fight but I just don't get where the fun is in a fight like this. No challenge, no problem solving. Just button mash and you win.

I think it's great Kabam made it easier as a lot of people having been suffering from more dropped input and lag issues. Thus if this challenge were really difficult it could cost people a lot of resources and it wouldn't even be there fault. But since this is relatively easy, if you get a dropped input or die to lag, it's no worries as you can just restart and it's not a big deal as this fight is actually very enjoyable.

Also I love the reduced timer for energy. Really great pro-player move and it really encourages you to be more active and play the game more, so hopefully Kabam bring it back in the future.