Make Gladiator's Circuit great again!

CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
List of common complaints for BGs:
(1) Lack of rewards/incentive to get to GC for stacked accounts
(2) Stacked accounts "camping/stuck/chilling" in VT.
(3) Competition ferocity in VT due to fall off in participation because of players matching an endless stream of stacked accounts

Leaving aside the staleness of non-Valiant BG store. I think (2) happens because of (1) and (3) happens as a collective result of (1) and (2). Additionally, players don't want to give up what they already have. So, if you don't want to take something away, you need to add something somewhere.

So currently all the objectives are complete or win in VT or GC - so couldn't we just add GC only objectives in addition to those?
In other words, once you're in GC you're getting at least double objective rewards (maybe even worth having those objective have higher value).

Pros:
1) Incentivizes pushing to GC sooner you're stacking your rewards as much as possible
2) Everyone keeps the reward structure they currently have and can push for more
3) Stacked more competitive accounts are going to clear VT sooner
4) Should encourage more to players easing the VT matchups

Cons:
1) Always entitled players will cry that VT is still too competitive and they're missing out on GC objective rewards that they are owed

Neutral:
1) The value of the additional GC objectives has to be right to not mess with the game economy. It needs to be enough to substantiate the additional effort. It can't be so insane to push out the balance. Arguably, the bigger your account, the more it requires for your account to grow. (Think overfeeding an underweight person versus a morbidly obese person). Players punching above their weight can grow more rapidly (skill-based pro)

Comments

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    I would love something like this.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 418 ★★
    I disagree
    Stacked roaster means they are Valiant they have the best rewards ,19k for 1500 7* shards(paragon) vs 19k for 5k 7* shards(valiant)

50 sigstones for 5k only - Valiant
    Fully t6cc ,t3 - Valiant
    Solo change incoming next month already announced

If some of these accounts become valiant by exploring necro + doing all wow & now don't want to play BGs it's valid .

Main thing - if AVG player is not playing & only big account like valiant or high end paragon(with r5 deck) 2 paragon & 8 valiant/high paragon are playing chance are u get matched with those big account.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★
    There's no FOMO in BG, that's the problem.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

There's no FOMO in BG, that's the problem.

That's because there is nothing currently in GC for getting there early. You put 48 -hour objectives in GC and that's the FOMO. The faster you get there, the more you get to claim.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

I disagree
    Stacked roaster means they are Valiant they have the best rewards ,19k for 1500 7* shards(paragon) vs 19k for 5k 7* shards(valiant)

50 sigstones for 5k only - Valiant
    Fully t6cc ,t3 - Valiant
    Solo change incoming next month already announced

If some of these accounts become valiant by exploring necro + doing all wow & now don't want to play BGs it's valid .

Main thing - if AVG player is not playing & only big account like valiant or high end paragon(with r5 deck) 2 paragon & 8 valiant/high paragon are playing chance are u get matched with those big account.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, other than attempting to define what "stacked" means and what rewards they can purchase.

Either way, the point is to get accounts moving out of VT into GC where they could likely end up anyway. It allows smaller accounts or players with less skill to push further increasing an overall greater sense of achievement. This in turn would encourage participation again. At the moment, people don't participate because it just feels like treading water with loss after loss against accounts that seem to have everything.
  • XSquadXSquad Member Posts: 157 ★★
    You are close to something. I would add giving more solo and alliance points for GC matches vs VT matches. Many alliances have minimums that they have to get. Having those easier to accumulate in GC could help. They are buffing those rewards soon and if no other changes people will have more reason to farm.

But the BG store update should have included updates for all progressions.

I think giving people lower ceiling GC points to start based on how fast they advance could motivate them more too....but unlikely a direction they would go.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,422 ★★★★★
    I've been saying this for a while, but I think we need two leagues of BGs with each player's initial league assignment based on some metric -- progression level or whatever. Separate VT and GCs for each league, with better rewards for the A league compared to the B league. Each cycle the top 100 in the B league get promoted to the A league. And the bottom 100 in the A league get demoted to the B league.
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I’m fighting for my life in vib 1 rn. I remember when we got increased rewards for a season and I made gc with 24 days left lol