Overall, Showcase Is A Good Concept

01000100 Member Posts: 58
edited April 1 in General Discussion
Showcase 1 is ending soon, here are some thoughts on it before it concludes:
I think Showcase is a good concept. Something that contributes to AW without direct reliance.

Overall, I enjoyed it and would love to see it again.

Its debut was critically acclaimed - to say the least.
As people pointed out, the fights could either be tuned down or rewards tuned up.
I prefer the latter, as I liked the fights.

As far as Objectives are concerned with it, that'd be a simple way to have more rewards with Showcase, so that meritocracy is rewarded.

Comments

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Ortoun said:

I personally hope to never have to attempt it again, so hopefully they don't put anymore deathless pieces behind it in the future. It was just not fun content for me. I didn't have the champs ranked or resources banked to make any meaningful progress at it. If it was permanent content that would be one thing, could farm revives/potions, rank proper counters, practice the fights, etc. For people that already had all that stuff plus experience playing war at that level I'm sure it was fine.

I had zero experience playing at that level in war, but I do have a pretty good stash of revives and such so I can imagine it was definitely harder for somebody who doesn't have them saved up and can't just go solo every fight (I used revives as well, because it was tough for me too).

I agree that they shouldn't have a deathless piece locked behind it.
    I can see having good rewards as it did (half of a 7*) but alot of people felt forced to delve into it because if you didn't you weren't getting that piece.

At least put the piece behind completion if they're gonna put it in the next showcase, rather than exploration.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,289 ★★★★★
    The difficulty is fine, the rewards should be buffed
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 ★★★★
    edited April 1
    Ortoun said:

I personally hope to never have to attempt it again, so hopefully they don't put anymore deathless pieces behind it in the future. It was just not fun content for me. I didn't have the champs ranked or resources banked to make any meaningful progress at it. If it was permanent content that would be one thing, could farm revives/potions, rank proper counters, practice the fights, etc. For people that already had all that stuff plus experience playing war at that level I'm sure it was fine.

I was in a similar situation and had to make a lot of rankups for this actually. But I'm not particularly upset because they're all top tier champs, like Photon, Silk , had to ascended Galan and take mantis to r2 which is not a bad investment at all. But the poor rewards definitely sting
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I didn't mind it, but to me it was just another type of 'time limited difficult content.'

I liked that it was a shorter investment compared to how long it typically takes to do a "Boss Challenge" style event (which we haven't gotten in a long time).
  • 01000100 Member Posts: 58
    Everyone has a good point, let's hope Kabam addresses this.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,984 ★★★★★
    Wouldn't have explored except the DKG piece was in there.

Did not like.
  • IlociaM97IlociaM97 Member Posts: 163
    I'll never do that quest again