Idea to help with energy

Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 707 ★★★★
It seems recently that energy spend is increasing, winter of woe being the most obvious source. Of course along with this, the need for energy refills is going up. But the supply isn’t.

What if these refills were added to the 22hr solo events?

I’m thinking the last milestone would be best for it? One & two require too little effort to reward a full refill. Three has a revive. Four has units. Five has gold crystals, not as valuable as they once were.

Since we are able to “farm” revives through these events, I don’t think adding a single energy refill would break the game economy.

Tldr; my idea is to add a full energy refill to the final milestone of 22hr events

Comments

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    That's a brilliant idea.
    I'm in
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,084 ★★★★★
    I'm having overflowing energy refills and I never aim for the fifth milestone, except in hero use event where I usually get it.

But it is useful for those who find it difficult to manage energy.
  • GogiGogi Member Posts: 473 ★★★
    There are plenty of ways to get energy refills, what you are asking Kabam is to add 30 extra refills/month.
    That is a lot considering how much we already get.
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 707 ★★★★

Did you just imply you're farming revives from these events?

Nope, no farming here. No sir.

I am simply acquiring a resource at a kabam approved rate.

I'm having overflowing energy refills and I never aim for the fifth milestone, except in hero use event where I usually get it.

I hit 5th in every hero use, rankup and Arena.
    Gogi said:

There are plenty of ways to get energy refills, what you are asking Kabam is to add 30 extra refills/month.

We already get 30 L-2 revives and 750 units from these 22h events, surely 30 refills can't hurt considering the fact how energy hungry game has became since WoW released.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,084 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Level up, yeah I hit it too sometimes if I decide to rank up a 6*/7*.

But I ain't arena zombie lol. Never played arena after necropolis exploration. Only play it 5 matches to get revives on arena wins solo quest.
  • Wong_99Wong_99 Member Posts: 604 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Gogi said:

We already get 30 L-2 revives and 750 units from these 22h events, surely 30 refills can't hurt considering the fact how energy hungry game has became since WoW released.
    30 refills is 900 units worth
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

Did you just imply you're farming revives from these events?

Nope, no farming here. No sir.

I am simply acquiring a resource at a kabam approved rate.
    You aren't farming regardless. You're earning a set of rewards from those objectives that are meant to contain revives.

PT_99 said:

Level up, yeah I hit it too sometimes if I decide to rank up a 6*/7*.

But I ain't arena zombie lol. Never played arena after necropolis exploration. Only play it 5 matches to get revives on arena wins solo quest.
    July-4th will be juiced up
    Wong_99 said:

PT_99 said:

Gogi said:

30 refills is 900 units worth
    Yeah? Tell me where I can trade my 30 refills for 900 units.

You have to understand the unit's power holding capacity when it comes to buying from it and selling.

You aren't farming regardless. You're earning a set of rewards from those objectives that are meant to contain revives.

And wouldn't it be wonderful to have an energy refill in there? A nice bonus for people who put in the time.

• ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

And wouldn't it be wonderful to have an energy refill in there? A nice bonus for people who put in the time.

The problem is time investment vs return. A full energy refill per day is far too much. If they did that then expect energy costs across the game to double.
    A few small energy refills I could see. Definitely not a full one though
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,793 ★★★★★
    Josh2507 said:

I'm not arguing whether a refill should be in there or not. I just didn't like the farming reference because you aren't farming revives. I have 44 full energy refills so whether they are in there or not doesn't matter to me.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Member Posts: 1,422 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Josh2507 said:

The problem is time investment vs return. A full energy refill per day is far too much. If they did that then expect energy costs across the game to double.
    It does look energy costs have increased lately. With an explosion of content, it takes a lot of in game energy to get things done. Not to mention the 5 energy per step quests that have been introduced.
    ahmynuts said:

It would effectively allow you to complete one more path per day in story / eq. Hardly game breaking.

Depending on the which event is active, you can kinda make an argument for time investment and it unbalancing things. But outside of level up, the events require a good half hour or more to reach the final milestone.

Think of it more as a small refund for completing content. You did 3 paths in eq today? Congrats! Here, do one more if you’re feeling productive.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    The problem isn’t that there aren’t suggestions to get more energy- it’s that kabam wants the exact opposite.

Nerf revives, extend energy cost = more unit spend.

That’s their goal in 2024 and beyond. So there is zero chance they are interested in increasing it. I guess if the uproar is enough we will get an energy apothecary like daily event that proves to be just as useless.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,262 ★★★★★
    edited April 2
    Josh2507 said:

ahmynuts said:

It would effectively allow you to complete one more path per day in story / eq. Hardly game breaking.

Depending on the which event is active, you can kinda make an argument for time investment and it unbalancing things. But outside of level up, the events require a good half hour or more to reach the final milestone.

Think of it more as a small refund for completing content. You did 3 paths in eq today? Congrats! Here, do one more if you’re feeling productive.
    The reason the energy costs increased in game recently was because kabam thinks there is too much energy going around. They aren't going to just give us energy if they already think we have too much, I'm trying to be more realistic with the small energy refills as that would probably be their bend over backwards begrudging compromise
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Or you could spend some units on energy refills...
    Which is one of the reasons they are there in the first place...
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    I don't know. Somehow, I always end up with expiring refills every month despite all the content in-game. We get refills in a few events already on top of the potential of getting them in daily crystals. I usually complete EQ within a few days of release so I don't have to worry about it anymore. By the end of the month, I have refills back in overflow.

I agree with the others that more refills will result in higher energy costs which isn't a good thing. We all want rewards quickly and there is a cost associated with that (refills). That's the trade off. We are also seeing more content time locked to pace content completion. I'm sure DNA can explain the drawback of more refills being introduced.