PSA: Don't leave "The Maze" Side Quest once you've spent a key. You won't get it back.

OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★
As the title implies... I made a big stupid and found myself with 3 of 4 paths cleared in "The Maze" with no keys left.

I submitted a ticket and now I'm just hoping that support shows pity on me and restores a Pawn Key so I can actually finish the event.

Don't be like me.

Comments

• WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited April 4
    I actually made a different screwed up mistake. I didn't quite understand the path, where I used the key to go staight to the end without going to storm.
    Don't know why they had that one path that led no where execpt to the end.
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★

I actually made a different screwed up mistake. I didn't quite understand the path, where I used the key to go staight to the end without going to storm.

This is the first time I've ever made a mistake like this and it's got me legit panicked about whether or not I can even complete the objectives... here's hoping the Kabam Gods show us mercy.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 952 ★★★
    OldManHop said:

This is the first time I've ever made a mistake like this and it's got me legit panicked about whether or not I can even complete the objectives... here's hoping the Kabam Gods show us mercy.
    Actual going to the path to the left doesn't cause a loss of the key so I was able to complete it. But leaving in your case does cause the loss of the key. Hopefully kabam does give you a pawn key back to complete it.
  • danielmathdanielmath Member Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    We only get one key? I only did like 3 fights before the quest ended, I didn’t even see how to continue
  • Karnak_33Karnak_33 Member Posts: 2
    OldManHop said:

As the title implies... I made a big stupid and found myself with 3 of 4 paths cleared in "The Maze" with no keys left.

I submitted a ticket and now I'm just hoping that support shows pity on me and restores a Pawn Key so I can actually finish the event.

Don't be like me.

please let us know if u get ur key back, i made the same mistake
  • Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Member Posts: 48
    Same mistake here but I doubt we’re getting that key back lol if they respond they’re going to hit us hard with the “we called it MAZE for a reason” then tell us to kick rocks with open toe shoes 😂
  • KlippKlipp Member Posts: 202 ★★
    Karnak_33 said:

OldManHop said:

Don't be like me.

Same
  • SilentArisSilentAris Member Posts: 80
    Bruh I read this post and still did the mistake I just enter the quest and saw the node and wanted to get champ for that so selected exit and team select but then can't get in there.
  • Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Member Posts: 270 ★★
    OldManHop said:

Same

Bruh I read this post and still did the mistake I just enter the quest and saw the node and wanted to get champ for that so selected exit and team select but then can't get in there.

That's exactly what I did.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    They have to review the budget for Pawn Keys.
    I made the mistake, went to a path that ended on a path I already collected the reward after doing all the fights except for Magneto (horrible design by the way).
    Opened a ticket about it and I am wondering if support is run with ChatGPT... I keep on telling whoever is helping me I run the Maze 2 times and it keeps on responding that I run it at x time and collected rewards already.
  • SilentArisSilentAris Member Posts: 80
    edited April 4
    OldManHop said:

That's exactly what I did.
    And like you I did 3 paths and just messed up for 4 path
    Karnak_33 said:

Will do. I'm not feeling great about it, though.

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    edited April 4

Thanks for the advice, I won't be touching these special quests until Kabam fix them.

Hope they noticed all these discussions about... @Kabam Miike

It's simple...make it simple!
    edited April 4

Thanks for the advice, I won't be touching these special quests until Kabam fix them.

To be clear, I'm not upset with Kabam on this one... I made the mistake. I saw the red text warning when I clicked "exit" and still clicked the button without thinking.

Am I upset that I impulsively screwed myself? Absolutely.

With that said, I hope that with the number of people that this is happening to that it justifies a little help from our dev overlords and maybe a little bit of an adjustment to how SQ entries function.

I have no doubt that they're aware of the issue and are discussing solutions behind the scenes.
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    edited April 4
    Why is that the Vault keys can be refunded on exit but not the maze keys? Make it make sense plz…
  • FuneralMistFuneralMist Member Posts: 109 ★★
    Horrible design plus horrible rewards

Horrible design plus horrible rewards

I wouldn't go that far.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Member Posts: 1,457 ★★★★★

We only get one key? I only did like 3 fights before the quest ended, I didn’t even see how to continue

You get 4 keys from the solo objectives
    edited April 4

Opened a ticket about it and I am wondering if support is run with ChatGPT... I keep on telling whoever is helping me I run the Maze 2 times and it keeps on responding that I run it at x time and collected rewards already.

I opened my ticket 17 hours ago and haven't heard back yet. This leads me to believe that the issue is being escalated and/or discussed behind the scenes before they follow through with a response - whether we'll be happy with the response is a whole other matter.

In my case, I honestly couldn't blame them if the response was just "Sorry, but you messed up."

We'll see.

P.S. to everyone else: This thread was made to serve as a warning to other players, please don't let it devolve into unproductive negativity/dev bashing. It's not helpful.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★
    OldManHop said:

I opened my ticket 17 hours ago and haven't heard back yet. This leads me to believe that the issue is being escalated and/or discussed behind the scenes before they follow through with a response - whether we'll be happy with the response is a whole other matter.

In my case, I honestly couldn't blame them if the response was just "Sorry, but you messed up."

We'll see.

P.S. to everyone else: This thread was made to serve as a warning to other players, please don't let it devolve into unproductive negativity/dev bashing. It's not helpful.
    Just got my ticket solved.
    My Pawn Key has been restored.
    edited April 4

Just got my ticket solved.
    My Pawn Key has been restored.

That's FANTASTIC news. Thanks for the update!!
    I'm still waiting, but that makes me feel a lot better about the situation.

• peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,277 ★★★★
    So...we.may have some advertise about this on forums...

Let's wait
    My key was restored and I received a very kind message back from support. All is well.