Options

What's the most unorthodox rank up you've done for BGs?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 313 ★★★
Was looking through my roster, and I have a high sig Punisher 2099 just sitting there, and I started thinking "would it be insane to rank him up?

Just hear me out. My thought was, he's a slightly annoying defender, his specials tend to hit hard(ish) even through block, he auto heal blocks, auto regens, drains and locks power if opponent reaches 3 bars. On paper, he sounds like he'd be a pain to fight.

I know he really doesn't do much offensively (or is just super underrated) but yeah. So I figured I'd ask what other wacky rank ups people have done to try and gain an edge in BGs.

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,094 ★★★★
    edited April 5

Was looking through my roster, and I have a high sig Punisher 2099 just sitting there, and I started thinking "would it be insane to rank him up?

Just hear me out. My thought was, he's a slightly annoying defender, his specials tend to hit hard(ish) even through block, he auto heal blocks, auto regens, drains and locks power if opponent reaches 3 bars. On paper, he sounds like he'd be a pain to fight.

I know he really doesn't do much offensively (or is just super underrated) but yeah. So I figured I'd ask what other wacky rank ups people have done to try and gain an edge in BGs.

He’s very good on attack. If you get into overdrive, the opponent gains 90% less defensive power rate, this is very helpful, for example against Bishops, Apoc, or even Galan. Only thing he can’t really do is removing prowess
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Punisher2099 is really strong in some metas. His power control is unreal and he pretty much eliminates the need for AI cooperation when baiting special attacks which can be extremely powerful. I really like him and hope he is introduced as a 7star at some point.

Personally I have done a few 'non-meta' rankups for BGs such as electro, who was good for a while, but now I pretty much never use him as there are too many counters in most metas. He's still pretty good in occasional metas tho.
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 955 ★★★★
    I’m a boring person so it’s either bullseye maestro or juggs lol everyone else I ranked for bgs AND other things but those 3 are really my only strict bg rankups
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 910 ★★★★
    edited April 5
    I have a r4, soon to be r5 super skrull for bgs. He's a tanky and annoying defender and low key a great attacker. Gotta say I love him more than any cosmic
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I r5 and ascension of my p2099 during crush aw tatic. He is great on attack side. I've used him heaps on attack side of bg but never placed him as a defender so can't comment on that.

I pretty much parry run away (pending how painful sp1 is to evade) till I have overcharge. I can do an 80 hit combo before ai gets to their 1st sp1 (I do have 2 points in tech collar.

He isn't just a counter to the bishops and what not of the world, but some off the wall people you never thought of. I'm looking at you abs man get to lock on then attack. What can't abs do without power? Refine his form so no regen and no crazy block damage. Added bonus on higher tier stuff sp1 h counter will stun abs so you can start your 80 hit string all over again.

People sleep on him and so never gets banned in war or bg.

Weakness for him is using a relic, champs with glancing, mags, and onslaught. All of those give ai power and/or bypasses overcharge.
  • Options

I have a r4, soon to be r5 super skrull for bgs. He's a tanky and annoying defender and low key a great attacker. Gotta say I love him more than any cosmic

I think a minor tune up would make more people use him on attack because he’s got a very tight rotation
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,228 ★★★★★
    Idk whether ibom qualifies for this post or not, but he is useful to trap opponent in bgs. If opponent don't have poision immune/purify champ, which occurs more often than you think, then ibom is guaranteed win on defense.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited April 6

R4ed him for the prowess season… season 13/14 (?!?) he was King of everything then…but he’s now my go2 prowess and armour-up killa…this months SQ he’s back at his throne in the tech chapter 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥

(CGR is the PG King this month tho…my R5 CGR made VTD, Stryfe and Prowler a 20 sec joke👻)…
  • Options
    GrO_ot78 said:

R4ed him for the prowess season… season 13/14 (?!?) he was King of everything then…but he’s now my go2 prowess and armour-up killa…this months SQ he’s back at his throne in the tech chapter 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥

(CGR is the PG King this month tho…my R5 CGR made VTD, Stryfe and Prowler a 20 sec joke👻)…

CGR is the cosmic nuke whille Juggs is the mystic nuke
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,752 ★★★★
    I actually ranked Civil Warrior to R2 for the armor up meta a few seasons back. He did pretty well on D.