Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Marvel Contest of Beta Testers?

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 487 ★★★
It seems with each new feature and quest that comes out, MCOC expect us to be the testers instead of rolling out a finished product that works by the time we get it.

The mastery loadouts are a prime example of this, they were talked about years ago and when finally implemented, they are extremely bugged and have numerous issues.

Comments

• Options
    pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Posts: 44
    Rookiie said:

The argument on the flipside is that the playerbase can do infinitely more testing than any number of testers in the Kabam Testing & QA team could.

Which to be fair is true.

It might be true that users do find bugs that devs and QA missed. It happens and being dev myself (not for this game), I know things or two about that.

But the bugs out there right now, the one with in the materies for example - that is not happening for some obscure unexpected player behaviour. It happens in the most common and for me very expected situation. Which any QA should check at first, if he was even interested in how the tested product actualy works and more importantly, how it is being used bey the users. No point testing anything nobody actualy uses right?.

So, what would you expect the players to use the loadouts for if not for the recoil mastery tree?

And if QA cant test the most common OK situations, how can you expect them to be even able to catch any edge cases at all?
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 273 ★★
    edited April 9
    Rookiie said:

The argument on the flipside is that the playerbase can do infinitely more testing than any number of testers in the Kabam Testing & QA team could.

Which to be fair is true.

would you buy a car if they told you, we did not test it, go drive it, be our tester?
    would you eat food if the chef told you, ive never used these ingredients, but you be my tester?
    ooooh, new roller-coaster, not tested, but the public can go on infinitely more rides than we can, let them test it, list goes on and on.

yes, people can test things for you, but basic people, basics. couple months back, there was one extra step in EQ, if someone just spend 5 minutes doing that quest then the issue would have been moot, that showed that mostly zero testing happens

the biggest issues arent the obscure, like if you tap here 18 times and dash twice, dex once, then the defender does nothing till he dies, that one can understand, but like i said above basics, if you play the game for 2 minutes, change your masteries, exit the game and come back 2 minutes later and all has reset, that should be quite easy for a team to pick up?
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,795 ★★★★★
    I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, especially with the loadouts, that could have been found within 5 minutes. But maybe something broke after it was rolled out? It seems like Kabam don’t test but I think there is a better reason than what we know.
  • Options
    pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Posts: 44
    Stuff does not just randomly breaks up. It is always result of some change. It might not be intended change, and the responsible person might not even be aware he is afecting something totaly unrelated to what he does, but it never happenes on its own.

And if stuff that was working fine suddenly breaks without it being directly modified, it is always result of someone tampering with something he does not realy fully understand. Maybe because its too complex or too poorly documented, but if that is not catched by QA, then its always QAs fault. Also that is why automated tests exists, to catch changes in things that are not meant to be changed.

And that is the reason why you never push any untested changes ever. Even hotfixes must be tested, otherwise they have great potential to cause more problems than they solve. Also that is the reason why most companies do not realy rush new stuff. And why nobody should ever release any new versions if they know they would not be able to fix it the next day. Like deploys on fridays. Or before holydays. Becase stuff always breaks up in some unexpected way.

I am surprised, after all this years, they have not yet learned all that.