Viability of a sig 20 r3 Korg?

jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
edited April 10 in General Discussion
Big day with lots of openings ahead, but it got me thinking about who I’d pick if I ended up with a skill 2-3 gem.

As it stands now, my current r2s are Mantis sig 40 and unawakened Black Cat. Good options, but not sure they entirely need it for what they do.

Bullseye would be a no-brainer if my Titan paid off, but knowing the odds of that, it made me think of Korg. I recently awakened mine for the first time, and I still have yet to pull Killmonger.

I’ve seen a few people say even a r2 Korg at sig 20 is basically nothing to go against, but what about a r3?

I’m also taking into account the sig stones we get, so I could take him to sig 40 to add some threat level.

Mantis, Black Cat, Kingpin, Fury, and Zemo (just r5) are the only skills in my BGs deck currently, and I feel a beefy Korg could make a nice replacement for Zemo if Bullseye doesn’t present himself.

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    No, you are better off ranking up mantis or black cat, cuz that extra rank is really useful against high ranked defenders. Don't forget both of them are useful against a wide variety of annoying defenders, including photon.

Tbh I hate fighting zemo more than korg since I can't block or apply debuff against zemo. Also he is useful against science defenders (dual threat), so ascend zemo and sleep on korg.
  • A_FungiA_Fungi Member Posts: 994 ★★★★
    No way I would R3 Korg, I have a sig 30 R2 Korg

Sometimes he can chip some health off the attacker in bgs, but not enough for it to really matter

Too many people can handle him this days
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    edited April 10

No, you are better off ranking up mantis or black cat, cuz that extra rank is really useful against high ranked defenders. Don't forget both of them are useful against a wide variety of annoying defenders, including photon.

Tbh I hate fighting zemo more than korg since I can't block or apply debuff against zemo. Also he is useful against science defenders (dual threat), so ascend zemo and sleep on korg.

That was another thought. Ascend Zemo for BG purposes along with KM’s challenge I have yet to do.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    I’d agree - Black Cat or Mantis over Korg.

Depending on how skilled you are with her, I’d probably suggest Black Cat. I’m not super skilled but luckily by Black Cat is now awakened, so she is a bit more forgiving and will definitely be going to R3 if I pull a Skill gem. Would be a tougher call if my Mantis was awakened, but I’d probably still go Black Cat.