Options

Why are Defenders parrying in BG’s?

Tairique_turay0Tairique_turay0 Posts: 37
edited April 13 in General Discussion
It literally makes no sense for defenders to be able to parry in BG’s matches. Why has Kabam seemingly changed the AI to act like an Attacker? They parry, dash-back intercept, parry continued by a special attack… it’s ridiculous. Why did Kabam think this was how the AI should work from now on? Do they really think players would find this fun? No matter how well the attacker is playing, the defender can decide to dash-back intercept at any moment and delete your entire health pool 👌🏽 You need more luck then skill in BG’s now… it feels like we are the defenders. Kabam are doing everything but fixing the AI. No wonder people are getting tired of Battlegrounds.

Comments

• Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Yes others masteries are in play the issue is it’s happening way way more completely changes how you have to play and the fact AI is on steroids now. it makes playing not fun after 6 years I find myself play a fraction of the time. Alliance has fallen apart so many have quit. Sucks but it is what it is
  • Options
    First 2 replies are missing the point. Ok masteries is the reason cool…doesn’t mean defenders should be doing what they do. AI has been broken for way too long and Kabam have obviously been hearing about it. Fixing They just can’t make money from fixing the AI so they don’t do it. Some of y’all just reply with anything lmao
  • Options
    edited April 13
    @Rayven5220 Lmao I never said I don’t win fights… I’m just aware of how BS the defender parrying, dash-back intercepting is… why do you think everyone complains about it? lol you’re one of THOSE.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,582 ★★★★★
    Double Medium AI parry is now part of the game. I believe it would be decent of the team to comment on that and provide relief for a disadvantageous situation created by the game code.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,587 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Double Medium AI parry is now part of the game. I believe it would be decent of the team to comment on that and provide relief for a disadvantageous situation created by the game code.

Dr. Zola

He's complaining about them being able to parry, period.

Not the double medium parry (which needs to be fixed asap) that actually shouldn't happen.
  • Options
    edited April 13
    @dannyrotten lol chill, I wasn’t mainly speaking about you. Your response was respectful and reasonable. I just said you missed the overall point of what I was saying. Everything else I said was to @Rayven5220 calling a well known issue that most of the community have noticed, ‘skill issue’. Just the typical childish response you see in global every once in a while.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,154 ★★★★★

@dannyrotten lol chill, I wasn’t mainly speaking about you. Your response was respectful and reasonable. I just said you missed the overall point of what I was saying. Everything else I said was to @Rayven5220 calling a well known issue that most of the community have noticed, ‘skill issue’. Just the typical childish response you see in global every once in a while.

Getting "parried" in BG's isn't a "well known issue". In fact, it's not an issue at all. That is what you're post is about. It's in your title.
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 99

It literally makes no sense for defenders to be able to parry in BG’s matches. Why has Kabam seemingly changed the AI to act like an Attacker? They parry, dash-back intercept, parry continued by a special attack… it’s ridiculous. Why did Kabam think this was how the AI should work from now on? Do they really think players would find this fun? No matter how well the attacker is playing, the defender can decide to dash-back intercept at any moment and delete your entire health pool 👌🏽 You need more luck then skill in BG’s now… it feels like we are the defenders. Kabam are doing everything but fixing the AI. No wonder people are getting tired of Battlegrounds.

My favorite is when they just stand there blocking and light intercept if you dash in
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre lmao why did you skip to that conclusion without any context for it? 💀 Just because other players use masteries when they are PLAYING the game and CONTROLLING their champs… doesn’t mean their defenders should be doing the same… they’re two very different situations. The obstacles a player faces during a fight used to be only in the defenders kit & the nodes the defender is used in, which was great and understandable. Now defenders behave & have access to perks that the attackers have (and that only make sense for the attacker to have), as well as the nodes and the obstacles built into their base kit. I’m a F2P Valiant since first week of Necro too but just because i’m good at the game, it doesn’t mean that I don’t also see the flaws in it that make the game extremely less fun to play. The higher level a player is, the more of a chance a player like you exists that think there’s no flaws in a game because you’re good at it. Childish logic. Grow up mate 🤦🏽‍♂️🤘🏽
  • Options
    @Folkvangr yeah there’s not much you can do about it. You dint want to wait for the defender to dash at you instead of you dashing at them because you don’t want to take block damage… you don’t want them just standing there being idle because it wastes precious time that can cost you the match… you don’t wanna dash because 50% chance that they’ll intercept or dash-back intercept… It’s just one of the annoying things I guess.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,175 ★★★★
    It’s generally about the timing and the speed of the defender’s attacks. Champs with double hit mediums are more likely
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 558 ★★★

@Demonzfyre lmao why did you skip to that conclusion without any context for it? 💀 Just because other players use masteries when they are PLAYING the game and CONTROLLING their champs… doesn’t mean their defenders should be doing the same… they’re two very different situations. The obstacles a player faces during a fight used to be only in the defenders kit & the nodes the defender is used in, which was great and understandable. Now defenders behave & have access to perks that the attackers have (and that only make sense for the attacker to have), as well as the nodes and the obstacles built into their base kit. I’m a F2P Valiant since first week of Necro too but just because i’m good at the game, it doesn’t mean that I don’t also see the flaws in it that make the game extremely less fun to play. The higher level a player is, the more of a chance a player like you exists that think there’s no flaws in a game because you’re good at it. Childish logic. Grow up mate 🤦🏽‍♂️🤘🏽

Are you saying that defenders having access to masteries is a new thing?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,582 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

He's complaining about them being able to parry, period.

Not the double medium parry (which needs to be fixed asap) that actually shouldn't happen.
    Aha—it’s funny really. I see “AI parry” and assume it’s the double medium issue that gets brought up all the time here.

Easy to forget that some folks are still figuring the game out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre 🤣 everything you just assumed about me is wrong, how can take you seriously. Skipping to conclusions once again. You still fail to understand the point of my post. Read it 8 more times and you might understand it 😴 just because the players I am facing have the parry mastery active (like everyone does), doesn’t mean the defenders should have it too. The devs control every and anything to do with the game. They can make remove the defenders ability to parry just for that game mode… defenders didn’t used to parry and they worked fair and reasonably. Shouldn’t rely on luck more, or as much as skill in any game mode. You probably won’t understand this either but give it a try.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,587 ★★★★

@Demonzfyre 🤣 everything you just assumed about me is wrong, how can take you seriously. Skipping to conclusions once again. You still fail to understand the point of my post. Read it 8 more times and you might understand it 😴 just because the players I am facing have the parry mastery active (like everyone does), doesn’t mean the defenders should have it too. The devs control every and anything to do with the game. They can make remove the defenders ability to parry just for that game mode… defenders didn’t used to parry and they worked fair and reasonably. Shouldn’t rely on luck more, or as much as skill in any game mode. You probably won’t understand this either but give it a try.

Just tell us you bought your account and don't know wtf you're talking about.
    You clearly have no idea about how the game has ALWAYS worked.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,211 ★★★★★
    Wait till bro finds out about AW
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,154 ★★★★★

Git gud
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 263 ★★★

First 2 replies are missing the point. Ok masteries is the reason cool…doesn’t mean defenders should be doing what they do. AI has been broken for way too long and Kabam have obviously been hearing about it. Fixing They just can’t make money from fixing the AI so they don’t do it. Some of y’all just reply with anything lmao

I replied because I am a high level player and haven’t noticed a new issue in BG where I’m getting parried more often now. I never dash in on a live opponent. This is what forum conversations are for.

Sounds like you didn’t like my response so you’re butthurt about it. Click dislike and move on. You’re hypocritical to say people just reply with anything.

You noticed that the AI is dexing and gaining the dexterity buff a lot this season? 👀
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Skipping to a conclusion & assuming that I bought an account because of this post is hilarious 🤣🤣💀 you guys are jokes