**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Glykhan defeated for the 3rd time

NightheartNightheart Posts: 931 ★★★
Finally done with this chapter now I don't have to fight Glykhan again unless there is future carina challenges. Glykhan was the toughest act 8 boss for me but I got used to fighting him and was able to solo his first and second phase with Kitty alone... I died in the 3rd phase at 50% used Hulk to finish him off... if he didn't have root on heavy which I got cipped half the time I would have soloed him. But I finally did it.

Comments

• Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,488 ★★★
    What rank kitty
  • Options

What rank kitty

She's only 6 star rank 4 @JLordVileJ
  • Options

What rank kitty

How skilled would you call yourself? Might ascned my r3 for glykan
  • Options

What rank kitty

Above average skills at least plus with Kitty you only need to be aggressive and get enough prowess
  • Options

What rank kitty

Above average skills at least plus with Kitty you only need to be aggressive and get enough prowess
    Awesome
  • Options
    HoadyOZHoadyOZ Posts: 196
    Can I ask what your typical fight rotation looked like in phase 1 and 2? Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 115
    Glykhan easiest boss of Act 8. You can basically defeat him with anyone as long as you have heavy damage specials and relatively high block profiency(in case you are not good dexing his specials, just block and bait heavy).
  • Options
    edited April 21
    HoadyOZ said:

Can I ask what your typical fight rotation looked like in phase 1 and 2? Thanks for sharing.

When it comes to kitty all you need to do is punish Glykhan's heavy and special attacks and do basic combo. You have to pay attention to his punishments in this phase because of trap node the punishments were reduced to 2. So you can only do 2 actions of each type like Parry, hit on block and use a relic. It'll be the same in second phase. When you have enough prowess launch your sp1 or sp2 that will do lot of damage.
  • Options

Glykhan easiest boss of Act 8. You can basically defeat him with anyone as long as you have heavy damage specials and relatively high block profiency(in case you are not good dexing his specials, just block and bait heavy).

I do agree @PistolcuApa the third phase is where the true difficulty began the specials on root and on heavy made it a challenge
  • Options
    I’m finding I can’t counter his sp1 with a melee champ because by the time I reach him, he has already recovered. So are most people doing damage on countering his heavy attack? Or is it recommended to use a champ who can use a ranged attack to immediately counter his sp1?
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,507 ★★★★
    HoadyOZ said:

I’m finding I can’t counter his sp1 with a melee champ because by the time I reach him, he has already recovered. So are most people doing damage on countering his heavy attack? Or is it recommended to use a champ who can use a ranged attack to immediately counter his sp1?

You just need to charge in quicker, then. If he's already recovered when you charge in then you're leaving it too late.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,758 ★★★★
    One suggestion to help deal with Phase 3 - which I agree is the most challenging. If you have an awakened Domino his root will sometimes fail, making things a bit easier.
  • Options

HoadyOZ said:

You just need to charge in quicker, then. If he's already recovered when you charge in then you're leaving it too late.
    Ack.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 907 ★★★
    Keep trying and I find that dexing his special is harder than dexing his heavies. Keep working on it and you only have to do it 3 times (9 times if you separated the phases).