**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds Deck Failing Solution?

SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 193 ★★
We’ve all been in a situation where we couldn’t pull the champs we need to counter certain defenders and it can be infuriating. Especially when they have last pick and just select a domino which you didn’t have accounted for. So you’d often had to throw a round which puts you at a disadvantage which is no fun.

Here my idea to at least mitigate deck failing. So basically you will have 3 champs on reserve. Those champs are decided from your BG deck of 30 champions before you join queue. The catch would be to not select champs who are likely to get banned so probably best to not select your strongest champs.

At the end of the draft phase when both parties have finished drafting. We will have a 10 sec timer to swap a champion from the reserve.

The process will work as follows:
•PlayerX confirms a swap
(Timer refreshes to another 10 seconds)
•PlayerZ will now have option to swap
(they’ll know who getting swapped but won’t see for who but they will be able to see which champ is in there reserves so can make educated guess)
•PlayerZ can elect to counter swap or skip
•End of draft phase

Personally I think this would be a great addition to BG and would love to see it happen. There will be a whole new level of strategy implemented. Now you can not choose Titania cuz she in your reserve and make the swap at the end. You could even bait them to swap out a champ. Perhaps you choose AA to early and they drafted anti AA defenders now you can swap him for someone else.

I’d love to hear your thoughts if you disagree explain why. I’d also would like to know if Kabam is working on a similar concept to add into BGs to make it an overall better experience.

Comments

• Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,528 ★★★★★
    They solved that problem from day 1 with shuffle signets. Also why versatile champs are so important.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,078 ★★★★★
    edited April 21
    Or just pre select a hero to counter that specific problem?
    We only have to use 6 champs, we get to draft 7, also have a reroll/shuffle deck option.

But if your option gets implemented, my swap deck will consist of Maestro, Onslaught and r3 sig 80 domino to catch you when your pants are down. 😳
  • Options

They solved that problem from day 1 with shuffle signets. Also why versatile champs are so important.

The shuffle signet aren’t reliable. My idea eliminates the RNG factor. Also ideally wouldn’t cost trophy tokens. It allows for you not to get out drafted and lose the match before it begins.
  • Options
    edited April 21
    PT_99 said:

Or just pre select a hero to counter that specific problem?
    We only have to use 6 champs, we get to draft 7, also have a reroll/shuffle deck option.

But if your option gets implemented, my swap deck will consist of Maestro, Onslaught and r3 sig 80 domino to catch you when your pants are down. 😳

You’d will be able to see there reserve during the drafting phase so can make drafts before then. Also those champs could possibly be banned and would then “waste” a reserve spot.