Marketing idea?

PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
I'm not a marketing guy. Just a run of the mill blue collar educator/counselor/pine rider. But. Kabam wants new players right? And they want gamers...right? And what do gamers love? Competition and speed runs? Cantona is doing awesome things in game. And he even encouraged me to do a f2p 'run' but nowhere near as competitive. I gotta say. I'm having an absolute BLAST. And now that Mike encouraged it I know my main won't get banned for an obscure violation. Anyway. Wouldn't advertising his stats and efforts on popular gaming sites be a good way to get a more let's say...professional...new crowd into the game? Maybe a whole feature of his profile and methods. Then some kind of limited time competition say, next rotation of the seasons to give serious hardcore players a chance to stream their efforts to beat his f2p run to the highest title in one of the longest running most competitive mobile games out there? Or am I just spitballing into an open housefire here?

Comments

• PandingoPandingo Member Posts: 1,041 ★★★★
    Heck. Have some of the ccp guys do sponsored monetary speed runs too. If they wanna make a buck. And offer some crazy reward for the first person to beat the best ccp run and the best f2p run. Like a golden super limited title or some other thing. Maybe offer the entire kabam staff as subscribers 🤣🤣
    edited April 24

F2P and marketing do not belong in the same paragraph.

Hence my follow up, lol. But to be fair. Just playing the game generates money for kabam. Even ftp. Time spent on game is money in their pocket.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Heck. Have some of the ccp guys do sponsored monetary speed runs too. If they wanna make a buck. And offer some crazy reward for the first person to beat the best ccp run and the best f2p run. Like a golden super limited title or some other thing. Maybe offer the entire kabam staff as subscribers 🤣🤣

Once again how does this make money to a company that makes a game for profit?...
    It does send a msg that its not a p2w game as most people claim... But promoting it too much would make people think about the point of spending...
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,541 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Hence my follow up, lol. But to be fair. Just playing the game generates money for kabam. Even ftp. Time spent on game is money in their pocket.
    How does the maths work on that?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

How do they make money when the game doesn't even have advertisement just by login in?...
    Keep on rocking the blue collar buddy, marketing is not for you.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★

Every new player is f2p before the interest rises in-game that money starts getting spent and f2p turns into giga whale
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,241 ★★★★
    Could do a f2p Vs p2w speed runs, don't expect there to be too much difference in the two

Pandingo said:

How do they make money when the game doesn't even have advertisement just by login in?...
    Keep on rocking the blue collar buddy, marketing is not for you.
    My buddy works in the gaming market and says it has to do with marketing rights etc etc. So the more we play the more disney or whoever pays back into kabam as a company because they are putting their 'product' into the hands of us. The consumer. SO I'll stick to helping the lil guys a la spiderman but not due to ignorance. Cheers though for the support! I'm pretty happy without all the stress! Low 6 figures is plenty for my lifestyle. 🤣