Options

Help me prioritise which champs to Rank (6*)

soopernansoopernan Posts: 12
edited April 28 in General Discussion
Hello, I’m currently in act 6.3, I’ve not touched storymode for a long time, and don’t grind the game much but 6* shards have been flowing out easily.

Comments

• Options
    Also took a L rank 5’ hyp and nf 5* just to get the 6* A DAY later 😭I would R2 Tigra first but ngl I’ve got major skill issues using her without much sigs😂

ANY ADVICE appreciated :)
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 732 ★★★★
    May I ask which content do you focus on most?

Solo/MEQ/Story Mode
    or
    Competitive Content like BG and AW

The general champs that will be good for both would be:-

Dr Doom, CGR, Kingpin, Bishop, Hulk, Nick, Havok, Spiderham.

Tigra and Cassie are amazing but does require some getting use to.

Your roster does lack some good Tech, iDoom is ok, but if you pull Nimrod, Warlock, Shuri or Omega Sentinel then worth ranking them up.

As for specific, if you are planning to do more Story Quest, I know for me Colossus does well for quite a few of path, and Ebony can cheese a few Bosses.

If you doing competitive content then Bulleyes should be your priority for Def.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

May I ask which content do you focus on most?

Solo/MEQ/Story Mode
    or
    Competitive Content like BG and AW

Thanks for your comment :smiley: , atm i focus most on Event and BG. But i want to complete act 6 sometime soon. Is Havok and SHam good for story? I know sham is good in BG, but i havent done any background check on the character at all. Cassie and Tigra yeah require getting used to, im trying to learn tigra but she only has 20sigs.

Yeh i also agree about the tech issue, ive got 5* warlock and ultron, worth ranking up? Got a 3-4 5* tech gem. Also got a 2-3 Tech 6*.
    Colossus and ebony need awakening? I didnt even consider them until now, id need to research them more.

• Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 364 ★★
    Hyp, venom, Angela, Viv, ham and bullseye all very good.
  • Options
    Hi @soopernan ,

If you doing BG, then definitely focus on Bulleyes (of course he rebalance window is still open, so just be prepared).

Havok and SHam are good champs for both Attack and Def, and for both BG and Story. However if you are unsure then try them out first before you rank them up, doesn't matter how good a champ is if you don't enjoy using thsm.

I actually never got Warlock 6* until a lot later on, and used my 5* for a long time. However like you said you seem to get 6* shard more often now, so maybe hold out for a few more months and see, if not then take Warlock 5* up to cover your Tech class.

Both Colossus and Ebony benefit from awaken, but Colossus immunity is quite useful, especially since right now you don't have many robot or high immunity champs. Ebony awaken just help the cheese to be easier, but he still can cheese without awaken, he also good in BG.

Also I missed that awaken Hyperion, he definitely worth ranking up too.

• Options

Hyp, venom, Angela, Viv, ham and bullseye all very good.

doesnt Angela and Viv need awakening?
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Hi @soopernan ,

If you doing BG, then definitely focus on Bulleyes (of course he rebalance window is still open, so just be prepared).

Havok and SHam are good champs for both Attack and Def, and for both BG and Story. However if you are unsure then try them out first before you rank them up, doesn't matter how good a champ is if you don't enjoy using thsm.

I actually never got Warlock 6* until a lot later on, and used my 5* for a long time. However like you said you seem to get 6* shard more often now, so maybe hold out for a few more months and see, if not then take Warlock 5* up to cover your Tech class.

Both Colossus and Ebony benefit from awaken, but Colossus immunity is quite useful, especially since right now you don't have many robot or high immunity champs. Ebony awaken just help the cheese to be easier, but he still can cheese without awaken, he also good in BG.

Also I missed that awaken Hyperion, he definitely worth ranking up too.

Noted, ill try do some long fight practise with SHam, seems like he'd be most useful story and BG. Havok also.
    Yeah, poolies event ill get another nexus, and few more 6* crystals - hopefully ONE TOP tier tech or abs man/scorpion lol

Is colossus powerful? I always thought he was defense only ngl, he'd be very useful in biohazard paths for me if hes dual. I'm going to try watch a video on all the champs you mentioned and try them out.

• Options
    Hi @soopernan ,

In my opinion Colossus have been looked down and disregarded in recent year, it is understandable but so what maybe unfairly.

I think that the 3 mains reason Colossus lost popularity in recent years is firstly because he is not as flashy as modern Mutant like with the like of Apo, Kitty and Onslaught.

Secondly, for long time/end game/highly skilled players, Colossus can be consider as boring and simple to play, Parry & Heavy. Plus most of the new contents doesn't cater for old champs like Colossus much.

Thirdly, to get the maximum damage out of him, he need awaken, high sign and synergies. So less powerful in BG.

However this doesn't actually take Colossus value.

* He is very tanking and only get more tanky as the fight goes, only Nullify and Armour Break from Tech champs are able to remove his Armour, so Cosmic like King Groot/Angela can't break his Armour.

* Lot of very useful immunities.

* Unblockable SP2

* Yes, he playstyle can be simple but that can also be consider as a good thing.

* Yes, to get his maximum damage he need awaken, high sig and synergies. However those damages is very OP, and his base damage is still very good. Plus his synergies partners are the like of Juggernaut, Omega Red, Galan, Kitty, Emma, Wolverine all amazing champs that you would want in your questing team anyway.

* While not as good as Iceman, Colossus can still be a decent counter for Bulleyes, one of the best and most meta in the game currently.

Oh by the way Colossus is rubbish on Def, he is only good for Attack.

Again best thing to do is take him out for test run and see if you enjoy using him.

Also worth consider exploring more Story mode to forward your progress and better rewards (of course at your own comfortable pace).

Good luck 😊
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Hi @soopernan ,

In my opinion Colossus have been looked down and disregarded in recent year, it is understandable but so what maybe unfairly.

I think that the 3 mains reason Colossus lost popularity in recent years is firstly because he is not as flashy as modern Mutant like with the like of Apo, Kitty and Onslaught.

Secondly, for long time/end game/highly skilled players, Colossus can be consider as boring and simple to play, Parry & Heavy. Plus most of the new contents doesn't cater for old champs like Colossus much.

Thirdly, to get the maximum damage out of him, he need awaken, high sign and synergies. So less powerful in BG.

However this doesn't actually take Colossus value.

* He is very tanking and only get more tanky as the fight goes, only Nullify and Armour Break from Tech champs are able to remove his Armour, so Cosmic like King Groot/Angela can't break his Armour.

* Lot of very useful immunities.

* Unblockable SP2

* Yes, he playstyle can be simple but that can also be consider as a good thing.

* Yes, to get his maximum damage he need awaken, high sig and synergies. However those damages is very OP, and his base damage is still very good. Plus his synergies partners are the like of Juggernaut, Omega Red, Galan, Kitty, Emma, Wolverine all amazing champs that you would want in your questing team anyway.

* While not as good as Iceman, Colossus can still be a decent counter for Bulleyes, one of the best and most meta in the game currently.

Oh by the way Colossus is rubbish on Def, he is only good for Attack.

Again best thing to do is take him out for test run and see if you enjoy using him.

Also worth consider exploring more Story mode to forward your progress and better rewards (of course at your own comfortable pace).

Good luck 😊

wow, thanks for the insightful reply :) I will have enough resources, and with poolies offer i can rank 5 champs, and 3 to rank 3. I also pulled lady deathstrike, is she good unawakened?
    I watched a few videos on col, and him and maw im deffo thinking atm. Spham too for both bg and story.
  • Options
    Lady Deathstrike can be a great champs, but she need awaken and high sigs.

Best thing to do is to rank up the 5* Lady Deathstrike and invest sig into her. From what I remember a 5* max sig could hit as hard (maybe even hard) than a 6* low sig. Actually a good Tech to invest as a 5* to help with your progress.