Stream Recap - May 3, 2024

2»

Comments

• Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Member Posts: 931 ★★★★
    edited May 3

I really wish they'd stop putting important stuff at the end of the victory track. Make it points based instead. As someone newly Valiant, with a still Paragon roster, I'm finding it nearly impossible to finish the VC, and I've spent thousands of Marks trying to get there, but hit a wall in the first level of Vibranium.

Making it points based would still draw people to the mode (which I assume is the intention), but also allow people to still actually have a chance, if Matchmaking doesn't work in their favor.

Completely agree. That's the only one that for many people will be rng matchmaking based. You could be unlucky and just never get there

Same here. Not a BGs fan & was thinking earlier that the 5k units for that 1 piece might be costly, but not as RNG related. Not to mention, the annoyance & all around general BS related BG stuff...
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,941 ★★★★★

So I’m trying to work out the Omega days, if I want all milestones taking out everything from milestones, then I still need to cough up around 40k units? Please tell me my math is very off

It’s a little over 36k
  • DoubledashDoubledash Member Posts: 77

So I’m trying to work out the Omega days, if I want all milestones taking out everything from milestones, then I still need to cough up around 40k units? Please tell me my math is very off

It’s a little over 36k
    That’s a hell of a lot. £2700 😂. Unless you have saved
  • cbmxcbmx Member Posts: 9
    The promo code was announced around 2 am in my area. I would like at least a day's grace.
  • ZeezoosZeezoos Member Posts: 211 ★★

I really wish they'd stop putting important stuff at the end of the victory track. Make it points based instead. As someone newly Valiant, with a still Paragon roster, I'm finding it nearly impossible to finish the VC, and I've spent thousands of Marks trying to get there, but hit a wall in the first level of Vibranium.

Making it points based would still draw people to the mode (which I assume is the intention), but also allow people to still actually have a chance, if Matchmaking doesn't work in their favor.

Good point, well made!
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,625 ★★★★★
    I really think the progression changes are not good.
    The reason why I am against it is from a different point of view. I don't care so much for other players progressing the new way. The part that is not fair at all is for example this Poolies event. Paragon got pretty much screwed and put in the same reward bracket as TB. If a player can get to TB by just ranking up champs, they should not be in the same rewars bracket as a player who has to get content done to reach his progression.
    Before anyone assumes anything I am Valiant and I am not speaking for myself.
  • McocBestGameMcocBestGame Member Posts: 29
    Thank you for recap ! Great thing !
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★

36.9k so close to the 40k
  • CuchulainnCuchulainn Member Posts: 116
    Kabam Jax said:

Pedrothos said:

When do the alternate/"new ways to progress" take effect? I didn't hear kabam_mike say it on stream.

Great question. It will be after the next build of the game is on everyone's device!
    Just updated. No change.
  • ZevaisZevais Member Posts: 11

Kabam Jax said:

Pedrothos said:

When do the alternate/"new ways to progress" take effect? I didn't hear kabam_mike say it on stream.

Great question. It will be after the next build of the game is on everyone's device!
    Just updated. No change.
    I am the same. I updated my game, and I my progression still hasn't changed.
    Zevais said:

Kabam Jax said:

Pedrothos said:

Just updated. No change.
    I am the same. I updated my game, and I my progression still hasn't changed.
    It’s not live yet. It will be as stated above once the next build is on everyone’s device. That means when they force everyone to upgrade on Wednesday.
  • Sofian_zSofian_z Member Posts: 12
    Ackbar67 said:

May Content - The Train Job/Knull's Lair

Side quest is a map with 4 paths and we get entry keys in the mail every week. Each path has a trap node pointing to the Knull boss, and exploration unlocks a quest that is only a Knull boss with all nodes active

Full Details

Negasonic Teenage Warhead/Silver Sable

NTW builds lots of incinerates, and inflicts incinerate vulnerability. She has a mashing function similar to Howard on her special 2. All of her attacks are non-contact + energy, and she can evade counter-attacks (eg. bullseye, kate, elsa). Every effect she has is passive, including the parry stun. She is expected to be a great counter to skill champions, especially bullseye.

Silver Sable rewards intercepts by building up shocks. She can inflict passive tracking and disorients, and has a trap mechanic like Kraven, although she can have multiple traps simultaneously, and instead of rooting, it inflicts energy burst damage. She can convert her shocks into critical passives, and her heavy can't miss. She is anticipated to be a solid questing champ, as she benefits from some ramping.

Deep Dives go live over the weekend

X-Magica Incursions

Sector 7 Challenge
    • X-Magica/Magic Thief Champions only
    • 5 minute cooldown
    • 20x Nightcrawler Runestones in Zones 1-20
    • 7*/Titan shards in every zone
    • Saga 4-5 gem in zone 25
    • May 8 - June 5
    • Full Details

Spring of Sorrow

• Energy cost reduction: 3 per tile, 6 overall
    • Fights 1-4 happen May 15 - July 16
    • Gauntlet runs from July 17 - August 14

New Ways to Progress

There are going to be alternative means of achieving some progression titles (Conqueror, Uncollected, Cav, Thronebreaker). These are a separate path than the standard story progression, meant as an alternative for people that don't want to play story content. The late game and very early game progressions still require story completion.

NOTE: These requirements exist in parallel to the normal story requirements. Standard story progression will still reward progression titles as it always has
    ""
    Progression Standard Requirements Alternate Requirements
    Challenger 1.1
    Contender 2.1
    Proven 3.2
    Conqueror 4.4 5x 5* r3
    Uncollected 5.2 5x 6* r2
    Cavalier 6.1 5x 6* r3
    Thronebreaker 6.4 + 1x 6* r35x 6* r4
    Paragon 7.4 + 3x 6* r4
    Valiant 8.3 + 2x 7* r3

Omega Days

• May 8 - 15
    • Banquet style event, buy Cav/Paragon/Valiant crystals for points
    • Valiant crystals have only 5/6/7* champions

Omega 7* pool
    • Corvus
    • Omega Sentinel
    • Omega Red
    • Mole Man
    • Quicksilver
    • Longshot
    Full Details

Deathless Vision

5 pieces
    • In-Game Message, May 8
    • Battlegrounds Season 19 Victory Track completion, June
    • AW Showcase 2, June
    • Spring of Sorrow solo even, June
    • TBA, July

Promo Codes

After streams starting today, there will be a promo code active on the webstore for 30 minutes, with a second window opening later which will be announced on twitter. It will include some of the legends celebration crystals

EVERYBODYWINS (expiring at 10:54 am Pacific Time)

One last thing, There will be a mid month Family Feud style stream, a form will be posted in the discord later today to source the "audience" answers
    @kabamJaxSucks The New Thronebreaker title goes from 1 R3 6 star to 5 R4 6 stars, how is this fair for low level players? Is the Glory and battle store getting upgrades to help with this progression??
    Sofian_z said:

Ackbar67 said:

May Content - The Train Job/Knull's Lair

Side quest is a map with 4 paths and we get entry keys in the mail every week. Each path has a trap node pointing to the Knull boss, and exploration unlocks a quest that is only a Knull boss with all nodes active

Full Details

Negasonic Teenage Warhead/Silver Sable

NTW builds lots of incinerates, and inflicts incinerate vulnerability. She has a mashing function similar to Howard on her special 2. All of her attacks are non-contact + energy, and she can evade counter-attacks (eg. bullseye, kate, elsa). Every effect she has is passive, including the parry stun. She is expected to be a great counter to skill champions, especially bullseye.

Silver Sable rewards intercepts by building up shocks. She can inflict passive tracking and disorients, and has a trap mechanic like Kraven, although she can have multiple traps simultaneously, and instead of rooting, it inflicts energy burst damage. She can convert her shocks into critical passives, and her heavy can't miss. She is anticipated to be a solid questing champ, as she benefits from some ramping.

Deep Dives go live over the weekend

X-Magica Incursions

Sector 7 Challenge
    • X-Magica/Magic Thief Champions only
    • 5 minute cooldown
    • 20x Nightcrawler Runestones in Zones 1-20
    • 7*/Titan shards in every zone
    • Saga 4-5 gem in zone 25
    • May 8 - June 5
    • Full Details

Spring of Sorrow

• Energy cost reduction: 3 per tile, 6 overall
    • Fights 1-4 happen May 15 - July 16
    • Gauntlet runs from July 17 - August 14

New Ways to Progress

There are going to be alternative means of achieving some progression titles (Conqueror, Uncollected, Cav, Thronebreaker). These are a separate path than the standard story progression, meant as an alternative for people that don't want to play story content. The late game and very early game progressions still require story completion.

NOTE: These requirements exist in parallel to the normal story requirements. Standard story progression will still reward progression titles as it always has
    ""
    Progression Standard Requirements Alternate Requirements
    Challenger 1.1
    Contender 2.1
    Proven 3.2
    Conqueror 4.4 5x 5* r3
    Uncollected 5.2 5x 6* r2
    Cavalier 6.1 5x 6* r3
    Thronebreaker 6.4 + 1x 6* r35x 6* r4
    Paragon 7.4 + 3x 6* r4
    Valiant 8.3 + 2x 7* r3

Omega Days

• May 8 - 15
    • Banquet style event, buy Cav/Paragon/Valiant crystals for points
    • Valiant crystals have only 5/6/7* champions

Omega 7* pool
    • Corvus
    • Omega Sentinel
    • Omega Red
    • Mole Man
    • Quicksilver
    • Longshot
    Full Details

Deathless Vision

5 pieces
    • In-Game Message, May 8
    • Battlegrounds Season 19 Victory Track completion, June
    • AW Showcase 2, June
    • Spring of Sorrow solo even, June
    • TBA, July

Promo Codes

After streams starting today, there will be a promo code active on the webstore for 30 minutes, with a second window opening later which will be announced on twitter. It will include some of the legends celebration crystals

EVERYBODYWINS (expiring at 10:54 am Pacific Time)

One last thing, There will be a mid month Family Feud style stream, a form will be posted in the discord later today to source the "audience" answers
    @kabamJaxSucks The New Thronebreaker title goes from 1 R3 6 star to 5 R4 6 stars, how is this fair for low level players? Is the Glory and battle store getting upgrades to help with this progression??
    You can do the content and still be TB with 1 6r3...
    Or avoid the content and get it with 5 6r4...
    Its not a change on the current its an additional way.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Sofian_z said:

The New Thronebreaker title goes from 1 R3 6 star to 5 R4 6 stars, how is this fair for low level players? Is the Glory and battle store getting upgrades to help with this progression??

I missed this.
    I can get Cavalier without playing Act 6.1? :D

Pull the trigger now or when new content drops?
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,615 ★★★★
    When does the new progression take effect?
    Bulmkt said:

When does the new progression take effect?

After the update is forced to everyone, likely Weenesday
  • Kingcole1Kingcole1 Member Posts: 24
    @Kabam Miike my cousin has 5 rank 4 six star champions he is cavalier. He updated the game but his title still says cavalier. Is everything ok with the alternative ways to progress???? Or am I missing something.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,675 ★★★★★
    Kingcole1 said:

@Kabam Miike my cousin has 5 rank 4 six star champions he is cavalier. He updated the game but his title still says cavalier. Is everything ok with the alternative ways to progress???? Or am I missing something.

Hasn't gone live yet. They said it'll he when everyone has the update. Gonna have to wait a couple.more days
    Kingcole1 said:

Like you can read the comment just right above you and get the answer....
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

Sofian_z said:

The New Thronebreaker title goes from 1 R3 6 star to 5 R4 6 stars, how is this fair for low level players? Is the Glory and battle store getting upgrades to help with this progression??

I missed this.
    I can get Cavalier without playing Act 6.1? :D

Pull the trigger now or when new content drops?
    Yup, works.