Options

Did I miss a relic announcement?

PandingoPandingo Posts: 804 ★★★
edited May 10 in General Discussion
As more and more champs get added to game we are still sitting at the same number of relics available for some time now. Has there been any news of more coming or an update that will allow us to equip relics to multiple champs? I'd spend units to unlock additional equip slots

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,328 ★★★★★

I want more of them, why are they putting them on ice… @Kabam Miike add more, we love them, tech and cosmic classes needs one focused on armor break, science needs one focused on dots and skill needs one focused on bleeds.

They were put on the back burner because they needed the internal resources at the time. They're not going away. The new ones are on hold until they come up with a different approach to production.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,268 ★★★★★

I want more of them, why are they putting them on ice… @Kabam Miike add more, we love them, tech and cosmic classes needs one focused on armor break, science needs one focused on dots and skill needs one focused on bleeds.

That's 3 new relics. And that's the main problem with relics right now. They will overlap very quickly so it makes it very tricky to creates new and fresh relics
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,065 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

That's 3 new relics. And that's the main problem with relics right now. They will overlap very quickly so it makes it very tricky to creates new and fresh relics
    Sure, but there’s a lot of champs that currently don’t have any benefit from the relics we have and also a lot of champs that could use a bump to their numbers via a dedicated relic. For example, Iron man and all the armor break techs need a dedicated relic. In the science class, Scorpion and other champs that deal poison damage could use a dedicated relic. In cosmic, armor break champs need one. In skill, bleed champions could use a Venom-esque relic. Maybe one that supercharges Blade, since he’s the titan dud now. In mystic, one that supercharges power control champs.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 959 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Not when we have so few relics and a lot of those relics don't really benefit several core mechanics of a class
    - mutant doesn't have a relic that interacts with purify or energy damage
    - skill doesn't have a relic that interacts with shrugging off debuffs
    - science probably is the only class that has appropriate relics supporting it but there still aren't relics for energy damage
    - mystic - doesn't have a relic that interacts buff removal / control , not to mention the present relics are only cater to a very small bunch of them
    - cosmic- has one of the balanced ones but there's nothing Interacting with certain buffs like powergain or debuffs like armour breaks which are the most common in the class
    - tech - this one one of the more balanced ones but none of them counter prowess or regen
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,914 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

Not when we have so few relics and a lot of those relics don't really benefit several core mechanics of a class
    - science probably is the only class that has appropriate relics supporting it but there still aren't relics for energy damage
    - mystic - doesn't have a relic that interacts buff removal / control , not to mention the present relics are only cater to a very small bunch of them
    - cosmic- has one of the balanced ones but there's nothing Interacting with certain buffs like powergain or debuffs like armour breaks which are the most common in the class
    - tech - this one one of the more balanced ones but none of them counter prowess or regen
    Science could use a relic for applying poison or triggering evade.

Tech class can have a relic for armor up buffs.

Mystic can have a relic for neutralize effects

Skill needs a bleed vulnerability relic
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Last official info quite sone time ago was that Relics are kinda on ice, no new ones planned atm.

That's a supreme bummer ngl. I was only mildly annoyed by them at first but now I love em
  • Options

I agree. I think you'll find a lot of pessimistic players don't like relics but I have zero complaints about them and frankly find fighting without them annoying and less strategically rewarding
  • Options

They were put on the back burner because they needed the internal resources at the time. They're not going away. The new ones are on hold until they come up with a different approach to production.
    That's a relief. And super useful information to have. I'd gladly wait longer for them to flesh out details and release plans. I like champion specific bonuses but the champs they have targeted are mostly unused (rogue gg sentinel etc etc) I'd like to see more depth and potentially # specific relics
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

I agree with this. Personally I feel they were a rushed new product to sell which made most of them underwhelming to the point where you just put class specific relics on your most used champs for the stun. I'd also like to see a more detail oriented relics. And maybe use characters that won't ever be champions (support characters like the token AIM guy from deadpool comics, Mary Jane, James Jonah Jameson, weasel, rockets animal buddies, various shield/hydra agents, etc etc)
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    They need to just make it so there is a cost to equip multiple champs to the same relic if new ones are not coming.

It is annoying to constantly need to switch them around.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,914 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

They need to just make it so there is a cost to equip multiple champs to the same relic if new ones are not coming.

Also add the fact that you can't switch relic when your champ in on defense.

Well mike confirmed on other day that he is working on removing this.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,268 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

You're all proving my point. You can create a batch or two but it's very limited and Kabam will quickly be trapped
  • Options

BeastDad said:

Also add the fact that you can't switch relic when your champ in on defense.

Well mike confirmed on other day that he is working on removing this.
    That's good to hear. They are 'right there' just some fine tuning and a little productive processing to go