**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Hercules era is finally over.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ★★
edited May 16 in General Discussion
I know it sounds odd but I think Hercules's value declined drastically in the last months.

The main reason is that KABAM trying to erase him from MCOC history and his utility is not good enough.
He's not good against almost any new bosses, he's good on AW but personally, I bring different heroes for war. He's not the N1 choice anymore.
In BG he's a good attacker and mid defender.

His main utility is his immortality. Without it, he's just a good damage dealer, nothing more. I'm sure many people have already removed him from their decks. Secondly, I don't think he's the best cosmic champion anymore. If you desperately need immortality, maybe. But in almost any other scenario he's not good enough. For me, Hulkling is now the ultimate cosmic Goat. On attack, CGR is miles better than him.

He's still the best champion for new players or early paragons but for endgame players, he's not the n1 anymore.

Comments

• Options
    Xanderfish_21Xanderfish_21 Posts: 14
    Herc was never OP imo he was the most balanced champ everything he had was counterable
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

I mean. He still bonks every single boss in the recent months. He can even bonk stuff kabam specifically design to not have him bonk.
    Kinda don't know what you're waffling about here man

He works somehow but there are at least 10 champions who work better than him. For example against this new 8.4 boss. He's just unusable.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★

I know it sounds odd but I think Hercules's value declined drastically in the last months.

The main reason is that KABAM trying to erase him from MCOC history and his utility is not good enough.
    He's not good against almost any new bosses, he's good on AW but personally, I bring different heroes for war. He's not the N1 choice anymore.
    In BG he's a good attacker and mid defender.

His main utility is his immortality. Without it, he's just a good damage dealer, nothing more. I'm sure many people have already removed him from their decks. Secondly, I don't think he's the best cosmic champion anymore. If you desperately need immortality, maybe. But in almost any other scenario he's not good enough. For me, Hulkling is now the ultimate cosmic Goat. On attack, CGR is miles better than him.

He's still the best champion for new players or early paragons but for endgame players, he's not the n1 anymore.

So what you're saying is you now know what most of us have known for awhile? Hercules has never been a good or mid defender by the way.

The only thing that drew people to herc was his ability to save revives and extend fights, especially close to K.O'ing the defender. He doesn't and hasn't ever had utility.

Kabam has always stressed the importance of having a diverse roster. And now they're seemingly holding up to that. I love there are fights designed to test the depth of our rosters. Herc has been the number 1 option for those that tend to lack creativity and overall skill. Those who don't like anything but simple rotations.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,242 ★★★★★

Everytime I use him in war his immortality doesn’t trigger. But yeah I just use him for incursions, yet I can’t even do that this month.

That's the assassin mastery at work :D
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,601 ★★★★★
    Well there are some places still in game where it's either herc or revive fest. I don't think there are many places where it's "hulkling or revive fest" or something similar.

Herc, doom, kitty, quake all are evergreen champs. Yes their utility is not useful for endgame players, but still you probably need them in deck sometime.

After bgs, the game shifted more towards battlegrounds, and while herc is a amazing bg attacker, He is definitely not top of the class. But he is still my no1 FAM counter in bgs, and I put him on defense occassionally since it's just a free 10 second waste for them in defense unless they use a nullifying mystic. Gues I haven't reached that level to remove him from my bg deck lol.

• Options
    Personally I think CGR is the best cosmic attacker, and hulkling is the best cosmic bg champion. One thing I wanna add is, Galan, who used to be in the levels of cgr hulkling nd herc, silently faded away. Nowadays no one uses them but why? He is supposed to be a bg champ lol.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,619 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

I mean. He still bonks every single boss in the recent months. He can even bonk stuff kabam specifically design to not have him bonk.

He works somehow but there are at least 10 champions who work better than him. For example against this new 8.4 boss. He's just unusable.
    Well that's not what you said. You said he didnt work when he does. There's just champs that are designed to do specific things that do them better than he does
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 719 ★★★★
    Herc was one of the best choices to use on the left side of the WoW final week
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Well that's not what you said. You said he didnt work when he does. There's just champs that are designed to do specific things that do them better than he does
    Nah, I said he's not good enough. He's still usable.
  • Options
    @altavista Also don't forget his main piece of utility. Infuriate and ease access of intercepts. With the AI behaving the wierdest way possible, his infuriates are really very handy when you want to constantly intercept. I find it funny that many think herc = immortality. Lol.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,484 ★★★★★

Personally I think CGR is the best cosmic attacker, and hulkling is the best cosmic bg champion. One thing I wanna add is, Galan, who used to be in the levels of cgr hulkling nd herc, silently faded away. Nowadays no one uses them but why? He is supposed to be a bg champ lol.

Hulkling and CGR punch up pretty easily while Galan doesn’t. Galan’s harvest isn’t always enough now
  • Options

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,954 ★★★★
    edited May 16
    Herc may be broken but he can still do a lot.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Actually we do require these timely bait posts to make sure Kabam thinks players are moving away from Hercules 😌

🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,191 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Actually we do require these timely bait posts to make sure Kabam thinks players are moving away from Hercules 😌

lol my first thought when I saw this thread was that it was a covert play for a 7* Herc
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

PT_99 said:

lol my first thought when I saw this thread was that it was a covert play for a 7* Herc
    The only way to make Hercules great again is to release him as a 7*..
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 656 ★★★
    Nah…i used him in necro a month ago, i use him in BG every day, and he’s always on my cosmic team with Odin, Angela, CGR and Hulkling in EQ/SQ.

CGR is faster, Angela got immunities, but Herc is Herc…the original G 🧨💥🔥🔥🔥
  • Options
    Blax999Blax999 Posts: 80
    I pratically always have him on my team during EQ/SQ, especially if I encounter a new boss character (and I didn't read all the description yet oops)
    But yes, I used him less than before for sure.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 649 ★★★
    I mean i still use him for story quest paths. He is a safe reliable choice.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    While I can't understand how people don't get bored of using the same cheat code on SQ and EQ every single month, no he still is the best even if he's not as meta relevant in BGs.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,500 ★★★★★
    edited May 16
    They have been making anti Hercules nodes for a while...
    And he is the new corvus for a lot of AQ maps...
  • Options
    Blax999Blax999 Posts: 80

While I can't understand how people don't get bored of using the same cheat code on SQ and EQ every single month, no he still is the best even if he's not as meta relevant in BGs.

You can have him on your team without using him if you don't have to, though. He's more like a safety net.
    And you're right that boredom makes me use more Hulking and CGR or new 7*s on the cosmic quest
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,193 ★★★★★

He is still the strongest champ in the game, just no longer the most meta relevant, and that’s really only for higher paragon or valiant players. He’s still the best champ for incursions, and is a solid bgs champ even though he isn’t the best. I still consider him the best champ in the game personally

Have you seen the amount of fisticuffs peppered towards zone 25? There’s so many nodes that counter buffs in incursions nowadays that he’s not even reliable anymore.