**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

It is with profound sadness I announce that my MCOC days might be coming to an end

After 7 years of almost daily play I feel like it's time to drop the game. It is not a problem with the game itself but because my device seems to have joined the medieval era club. As the new updates add more characters, more game modes, more resources and what not, my ios device seems to be struggling to keep up. I love playing the battle grounds but since the past few updates there seems to be a huge spike in lags, freeze frames and dropped inputs.

Anyone who plays bgs or high tier aw knows that a single mistake can be a determining factor of win or loss. So with problems like these game modes like bgs is simply not enjoyable anymore for me.

From a financial standpoint buying a high end mobile device just to play the game doesn't seem feasible to me. Which is why my mcoc days might be limited. I wish the game devs took issues like this into consideration so that they can implement the options to lower the quality of vfx in older ios devices like they've done for older android devices. I still love the game as much I did when I first started playing it so trading off graphics processor demanding flashy effects for a stable gameplay experience doesn't sound too bad to me. Peace.

Comments

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    Could a secondhand but newer device be feasible?

I say that as someone whose current device is an S22 but the one immediately before that was an S5 I had since release, I'm not exactly someone who wants or needs to continually upgrade devices.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,955 ★★★★★
    Keep an eye out during July-4 week sales, new phones go cheap there plus second hand market place gets flooded when people buy upgrades.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,203 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Keep an eye out during July-4 week sales, new phones go cheap there plus second hand market place gets flooded when people buy upgrades.

Only in America
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,949 ★★★★★
    Try Android. Cheap and useable.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,276 ★★★★★
    I've been using a OnePlus 8T for more than 3 years and a half with no issue. Yes it was high end but it's been out for 4 years so you can find it for cheaper.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,365 ★★★★★

I wouldn’t bet on a new device fixing screen lag and dropped inputs. The game is not running smooth right now and based on other threads… it’s not a device issue.

My pixel 8 pro works perfectly fine. I don't have any lag and only have a few weird instances of AI issues but can't ever get them on video.
  • Options
    Shadow_ShooterShadow_Shooter Posts: 292 ★★★

I wouldn’t bet on a new device fixing screen lag and dropped inputs. The game is not running smooth right now and based on other threads… it’s not a device issue.

No issues with ipad pro m1. I’ll get new m4 ipad pro but i know this is overkill. Yet, the point is no freeze/lags with ipad pro’s.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,908 ★★★★★
    I have an s21 FE so not super new, but not old either and the odd time even I get lag that screws me in fights.

Have you tried clearing some of the old stuff off your phone to clear up memory and ram?

You would be surprised how much clearing your phone out can help.
  • Options
    shield311shield311 Posts: 370 ★★
    I use Samsung android mobile and its rather old (1 year atleast) and I close all background apps and put the game on "Game Booster Priority Mode", its only in some mobiles (iirc) and it genuinely boosts gameplay by a mile

Puts all background apps down and DND for all messages and calls, with personal experience my mobile lags literally super rarely only when I'm playing while its charging or overheating due to long screentime
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,522 ★★★★★
    It is mostly not your device.
  • Options
    Rajiv84Rajiv84 Posts: 25
    I have the latest and greatest iphone 15 pro max and still have drop inputs , lags also my game menu says this device does not support higher refresh rate wtf
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    How old of a device are we talking about though?
    Cause there is old, and there is OLD