Tag system - energy based attack

DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
Hi.

I can't seem to find the champion that inflict energy based type in their basic attack because the tag filter does not show it until it does show it, but in different wording? i only know three of those that can do it and that is Magneto red and white versions and Clairevoyant.

Trying to complete ''Variant #6 Contamination - Chapter 2, quest 1 (Get a clue)'' while facing local nodes ''Monster'' and ''Thorns (Direct Damage)'' that interact with global nodes '' Black ISO Resonance'', ''Malevolence'' and '' Malignance''

Comments

• GlassbackGlassback Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Auntm.ai lists what type of damage a champion deals on their profile

This page also lists some champs, but some are basic attacks and some are specials.

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Damage

Cross ref the two and you’ll be good
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    Glassback said:

Auntm.ai lists what type of damage a champion deals on their profile

This page also lists some champs, but some are basic attacks and some are specials.

https://marvel-contestofchampions.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Damage

Cross ref the two and you’ll be good

I don't think i understand the answer.
    The issue is not finding a champion that can inflict a debuff of energy damage type. What i am looking for is the one that has energy damage as physcial contact in their basic attacks.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,223 ★★★★★
    edited May 25
    Because it's not consistent, for instance cgr inflict energy damage on medium and physical damage on light hits, how would you classify him? A universal tag system won't work. You better verify auntmai

Because it's not consistent, for instance cgr inflict energy damage on medium and physical damage on light hits, how would you classify him? A universal tag system won't work. You better verify auntmai

hmmm, that didn't cross my mind. Aunt.Mai is not able to find what i need. I can only go from the knowlegde that magneto red and white could be the best approach. i did also read on Doctor Doom and i states that his light and medium basic attack is energy damage instead of physcial, but i believe that i might have misunderstood myself and should look for energy contact? because the thorns node deal back damage by physical contact.
    Doom's light and medium attacks deal energy damage, heavy attacks deal physical damage. I found this when using him in resistor node in eq, his heavy trigger physical resistance buffs.

Well this is wierd since his bio specifies all of his attack deal energy damage.

As for your other question, you have to manually check every champ to see which champs deal what kind of damage on each hit type.

Also a common misconception is just because a hit is non contact/projectile, many players think it will deal energy damage, which is just not true.

Doom's light and medium attacks deal energy damage, heavy attacks deal physical damage. I found this when using him in resistor node in eq, his heavy trigger physical resistance buffs.

Well this is wierd since his bio specifies all of his attack deal energy damage.

As for your other question, you have to manually check every champ to see which champs deal what kind of damage on each hit type.

Also a common misconception is just because a hit is non contact/projectile, many players think it will deal energy damage, which is just not true.

I suppose the issue in my case is the ''Thorns (direct damage)'' as it is an different type of thorns that direct the damage back so meaning it does not matter what kind of basic attack type as it's still an hit and direct the damage back. This means that Namor could be the best approach.
    Daddrieda said:

I suppose the issue in my case is the ''Thorns (direct damage)'' as it is an different type of thorns that direct the damage back so meaning it does not matter what kind of basic attack type as it's still an hit and direct the damage back. This means that Namor could be the best approach.
    There are some hits which are contact and some hits are non contact.

For example, all hits of shuri and NTW are non contact so they ignore thorns. Domino's medium attack ignore thorns, so is zemo. Gambit, omega red and stryfe won't take damage due to their special abilities, so they ignore thorns as well. And obviously we have Namor, the king of thorns

Daddrieda said:

There are some hits which are contact and some hits are non contact.

For example, all hits of shuri and NTW are non contact so they ignore thorns. Domino's medium attack ignore thorns, so is zemo. Gambit, omega red and stryfe won't take damage due to their special abilities, so they ignore thorns as well. And obviously we have Namor, the king of thorns
    I decided to go with Namor as it seemed like a simple approach to return all the direct damage.