Which month is the best this year in terms of champion releases?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
It’s been nearly half a year already and so far 10 champions have been released ever so far (12 if adding June). So, which month was the best?

Which month is the best this year in terms of champion releases? 83 votes

January: Bullseye and White Tiger
24%
captaincushpeixemacacoBerserker22Ewell65SSS69_ReefJJBoy19RiptideMrMojo_RiznFrostGiantLordRealWizardHighlander2brownlikebambiGentsy12ManbatnSunstar19Grub88Nemesis_17jpzeejj_jj_9Lone_Tiger 20 votes
February: Dust and Ironheart
4%
bm3eppsAgenteMagnusRiryokuSHADOW138 4 votes
March: Serpent and Destroyer
63%
PantherusNZDrZolaTalha305RajaAzKicker316Ragnarok13ThatGuyYouSaw235SyndicatedDONZALOOG1234PrimeSaviour_27MaxtheSilentRayven5220OurobørosRedBone1977Wu_Bangerz23badger204Galvatron808captain_rogersPowerofpain1001Dick_Chapeyjcphillips7 53 votes
April: Spider Punk and Prowlee
3%
Doctor_Strange1913579rebel_A_MAC_A 3 votes
May: Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Silver Sable
3%
AlmccarthyLokxMoneylessMerc 3 votes

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    May: Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Silver Sable
    I prefer attackers over defender champs and while if i was to determine the best champs based on desigj it would be march since serpent looks sick as well as destroyer. I just find the idea of negasonic to be a more fun attack champ overall.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    Yeah I agree, March seems to be the overall best.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    edited May 26
    All the attackers have been mid or decent at best but nothing really wowed me so it's hard to choose. January February and March was full of annoying defenders everyone absolutely hated and none of the attackers that came with them really stand out, then April and May was just meh. Negasonic was almost a dub but I still think Sinister is better overall so meh.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

All the attackers have been mid or decent at best but nothing really wowed me so it's hard to choose. January February and March was full of annoying defenders everyone absolutely hated and none of the attackers that came with them really stand out, then April and May was just meh. Negasonic was almost a dub but I still think Sinister is better overall so meh.

Honestly feels like attackers are being kneecapped in damage compared to last year tbh. On the utility side it’s been fantastic but champs like Spidey Punk and SS have been letdowns damage wise
    Emilia90 said:

Honestly feels like attackers are being kneecapped in damage compared to last year tbh. On the utility side it’s been fantastic but champs like Spidey Punk and SS have been letdowns damage wise
    They are, one could even argue that the best attackers we've received so far this year have been buffed champs (Red Guardian, NC, Red Skull and Sinister) and it's not a huge issue for me but it does kill a lot of the excitement that comes with each update. We should've at least received one meta relevant attacker by now yet it feels like we're getting more and more filler champs so that they can release ridiculously strong defenders.
    None of them have been bad overall but all of them are just there, you can rank them up if you want to and use them but none of them are unique in the sense that they basically counter the same things other champs (that are way better) already counter. Spunk has some cool animations mechanics and utility but the damage is severely lacking it seems. Prowler is a great Domino counter but... we have a ton of those already just... why? Lol
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    edited May 26

Emilia90 said:

They are, one could even argue that the best attackers we've received so far this year have been buffed champs (Red Guardian, NC, Red Skull and Sinister) and it's not a huge issue for me but it does kill a lot of the excitement that comes with each update. We should've at least received one meta relevant attacker by now yet it feels like we're getting more and more filler champs so that they can release ridiculously strong defenders.
    None of them have been bad overall but all of them are just there, you can rank them up if you want to and use them but none of them are unique in the sense that they basically counter the same things other champs (that are way better) already counter. Spunk has some cool animations mechanics and utility but the damage is severely lacking it seems. Prowler is a great Domino counter but... we have a ton of those already just... why? Lol
    I think ironheart is quite unique, she just have a lot in her kit, even though her damage is lacking. While the others just Don't actually provide any offensive value like you said. Previous year we had kate, abs man, FAM, shocker and adam in the first 5 months, all these are bangers. None of the champs released this year so far is offensively better than these 5 champs.

On the other hand, we don't have shortage of annoying defenders, like bullseye, dust and serpent.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

I think ironheart is quite unique, she just have a lot in her kit, even though her damage is lacking. While the others just Don't actually provide any offensive value like you said. Previous year we had kate, abs man, FAM, shocker and adam in the first 5 months, all these are bangers. None of the champs released this year so far is offensively better than these 5 champs.

On the other hand, we don't have shortage of annoying defenders, like bullseye, dust and serpent.
    Ironheart has some decent-good damage. Her utility is pretty great but yeah, I agree that she could hit harder. I actually like Dust quite a bit on attack and Serpent seems good once he gets going but you’re right on the mark about all of them lacking compared to last year

Emilia90 said:

That's my main issue her damage is lacking, I have a 6* but the damage is imo so mid it's not worth investing in unless you got the 7* cause if you did invest in the 6* you'd have to go balls to the wall r5 sig 200 ascend, she has the same issues as Spunk and Destroyer.
    Exactly we got five in a row and neither of them broke the game or anything, they're just really good.

Yeah it's like all the resources so far went into defenders and buffs.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★

Ironheart is a good attacker, Serpent is also decent for attack (plus starts with extra charges), Spider Punk is a good attacker with great control once awakened (never have to worry about sp3), Dust is a fun attacker, honestly no bad champs this year so far.
    EdisonLaw said:

Ironheart is a good attacker, Serpent is also decent for attack (plus starts with extra charges), Spider Punk is a good attacker with great control once awakened (never have to worry about sp3), Dust is a fun attacker, honestly no bad champs this year so far.
    Nah, neither of those do anything better than the rest of the champs we already have in the game and their damage output is meh.
    You want to remove prowess or just counter Onslaught? Shocker and FAM. You want to punish armor buffs or play around them? Galan and Gladiator. You want science champs with safety nets? Silk and Titania. You want someone who punishes purify and has a ton of prowess? Bishop and both Storms.
    They're not the best at anything really, and most of them like Serpent require r5 sig 200 ascended to even be decent on attack, so no I wouldn't say good.
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 911 ★★★
    a solid dual threat and a maniac defender...serpent is the only one that i permaban in BGs ever since galan in armor burn meta. That guy is damn hard even with a direct counter. Without it, it is nearly impossible to kill him in time
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Serpent. Nuff said.

Great all around champ. 💪