Mr. Sinester in necropolis

RiryokuRiryoku Member Posts: 47
After the buff that Kabam gave to Mr. Sinister, I immediately ranked him up to R5 and ascended him, mainly for BG and AW, but as I was planning paths in my exploration of the right side of the Necropolis, I wondered if I could use him on the reverse controls path (Odin's path). So I tried it, and it went relatively well, so I decided to share my experience using him.
To start, the team I used was: Kate Bishop (6R5A), Doom (6R5A), Juggernaut (7R3), Mr. Sinister (6R5A), and America Chavez (5R1) for Kate's synergy. I did the fights without suicide masteries, with attack boost (+15%), and greater champion boost (+30%).

-Odin: The main mechanic of this fight is to knock down Odin and let him hit you with his heavy attack to gain 6 buffs, and given the nature of Sinister's abilities, this happens a lot. Odin gains the buffs, but Sinister also has great survivability due to a curious interaction with the node. Every time Odin uses his heavy attack, both champions gain indestructible and unstoppable passives, naturally allowing us to get hit. However, if the heavy hit would be critical, even if we don't take damage, Sinister regenerates health. Combined with the red numbers around 9k from 10-11 degeneration debuffs, each attempt dealt at least 1M damage. This fight cost me 6 revives due to failed parries and the AI not cooperating when I tried to make Odin use his heavy attack.

-Claire Voyant: I didn't even try to use Sinister here because the node wouldn't allow him to inflict the bleed debuffs on himself. It would have been counterproductive and would have just powered up Claire. Kate handled this fight.

-Shang Chi: I didn't use Sinister much here either, mostly due to not understanding the fight correctly. I started reducing his health with Juggernaut and Kate. When I used Sinister (because I was using team revives), I realized he could be used in the first two phases. It's all about landing M-M hits at the start, then continuing with heavy attacks and special 1, repeating this cycle every time Shang Chi throws a special. Unfortunately, by the time I figured this out, Sinister had already taken the fight to the third phase, which is beyond his control, so Juggernaut and Kate finished the job.

-Squirrel Girl: This fight went much better than expected. Naturally, the first thing that came to mind was transferring the ruptures with special 1, adding bleed debuffs that resulted in a lot of degenerations. Combined with the class advantage, the damage scaled quite well, and the fight was done with 3 revives. The fight's mechanic is to knock down SG to transfer Tippy, but the node requires specials, the striker, or a heavy attack while she is not stunned. If you try to knock her down while she's stunned, she activates a passive unstoppable buff. However, Sinister can actually knock her down while she’s stunned due to the stun pause: doing a parry and pausing the stun, she cannot be knocked down because it will activate unstoppable. But since there is still stun time left, by charging a second heavy attack, it pauses the stun right before it expires, allowing you to knock her down when you release it. I must note that this is probably possible due to the Stupefy mastery.

-Silver Centurion: This isn’t a fight for Sinister either. Doom handled it well, costing only 1 revive.

-Spider-Man 2099: To be honest, this fight was one of the main reasons I wanted to use Sinister on this path. The first time I used Kate, I struggled a lot due to all the damage mitigated by the resistance passives. I ended up using the caltrops arrows, but it wasn’t a fun fight with so much going on, controlling the Wither with dexterity, blocking to remove power gain, and making him move a lot to let the caltrops finish him off. It was definitely going to be a more complicated fight with reverse controls. But Sinister was a great candidate for this. Starting with the fact that degeneration does direct damage, so there’s no need to worry about resistances, his immunity to reverse controls, and the ability to remove ruptures with special 1 made him a great choice. The fight should have been a breeze, but it wasn’t, at least not entirely. Everything mentioned worked correctly, but it didn’t take away the complexity of the fight. Trying to dexterity and time the parries was tricky, and occasionally I got hit. This was more of a skill issue. Additionally, I occasionally took bursts of damage I couldn’t understand, costing me 8 revives. If anyone plans to use him, I recommend healing up often in this fight. With enough skill, it could be done with fewer revives.

-Sunspot: I decided to use Kate here, so there’s not much to say, just 1 revive used.

After this, I faced a dilemma about the path in the second stage. I had already done Stryfe’s path, but even if I hadn’t, there wasn’t any fight benefiting Sinister, and the trap node would make it very difficult to use him. On the other hand, Mantis’s path didn’t seem to have any fight favoring Sinister over Kate, and I didn’t know how hard fighting Kitty would be. So I decided to take Elsa’s path, assuming Sinister could handle the trap node with his ability to block unblockable specials and could be used in the fights against Elsa and Purgatory.

-Elsa: A fellow alliance member once mentioned that Shuri is great for this fight because of her ability to block unblockable specials. Sinister should perform well, right? No, I misunderstood Elsa's purification ability. I thought it activated when she dashed back, but it activates periodically. When I tried to charge the heavy attack, she purified the stun and shot me in the face. After this, I tried Kate but couldn’t time the parries well either. As a last effort, I used Doom, planning to use a team revive, but he handled it very well. He could use his cycle normally, almost finishing the fight in one go (85% of her health) and costing only one revive.

-Purgatory: This was the last fight on the path where I planned to use Sinister. Although it went well initially, when Purgatory activated the disorient passives, everything fell apart. I ended up using Kate, not from the start because Purgatory has energy resistance, which I thought would impact Coldsnap damage more than it did.

These two fights made me reconsider reading champions’ abilities before planning another difficult mission. The rest of the fights were just using Kate and Juggernaut (against Spidey Supreme and Shocker) with a lot of revives, not much worth mentioning.

Finally, Nameless Grand Master. Not much to say about this fight either; I used Juggernaut as in my other paths. However, I did use Sinister in a couple of attempts and can highlight two things: first, his natural immunity to reverse controls works against Grand Master, and he’s also a decent option overall since with the bleeds from SP1 and Willpower mastery, he can regenerate some health, which could be useful.

In conclusion, Mr. Sinister does work for the reverse controls path. It might not be the cheapest option, but it definitely saved me headaches I would have had dealing with reverse controls using Kate. A very skilled player could definitely do the path with fewer revives. The downside of using him is that since he mainly uses heavy attacks, the striker takes longer to charge, so the Necropolis charges drop faster compared to other champions who use the striker more frequently.
I only have one last path (Red Goblin, Mantis) left to explore the Necropolis. I might make a post asking for advice on choosing a champion from the 7* launch pool selector when I do. Thanks for reading. If you have any feedback or additional tips, please share them. Best of luck in your fights!

Comments

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

I used Sinister before his buff for the GM. Congrats on using the best champ.

Best champ after Odin, of course.
    I know what you meant. 🤣
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,075 ★★★★

I will rank 5 and ascend him in future
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,075 ★★★★
    Great job OP as of now I only did the easy path so can't give much advise but if you can spare a spot for Aegon he's best for GM and can do so much damage to him even when he's not wounded
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★

Best champ after Kamala, of course.
    I know what you meant. 🤣
    fixed it for you
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,168 ★★★★★

I know what you meant. 🤣
    fixed it for you
    True-dat. I lost more revives during my Carina's dance off to Kamala than I did to Sinister and Odin. She must be better. 🎩🎩📴2️⃣🫵
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

I know what you meant. 🤣
    fixed it for you
    Well played. Hahaha