**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

SoS part 2

Comments

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,825 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

Lokx said:

Who do you reckon will be mvp for onslaught in the upcoming sos. I assume that one of the challenges will allow you to use iron heart since she was built to counter onslaught

The best counters never meet the objectives. But feel free to try with Havok and IronHeart.
    Feel like human torch was the best counter in this sos. Did it in 1 revive compared to the others being 4
    How? Defender is debuff immune
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    Given how strong Onslaught is already at base I have a feeling the fight will be very similar to the Spider Ham fight. Not same nodes of course but in the sense that you won't have to fight him as you normally would, instead you will deal damage through different actions that way you have more options for the fight cause Onslaught already has very few counters, adding tough nodes that don't help you somehow would only make the fight worse. I refuse to believe they didn't learn their lesson after that Abs Man nightmare we had to deal with not that long ago.

With that being said, I hope Shocker is MVP 🙃
  • Options

Lokx said:

Lokx said:

Who do you reckon will be mvp for onslaught in the upcoming sos. I assume that one of the challenges will allow you to use iron heart since she was built to counter onslaught

The best counters never meet the objectives. But feel free to try with Havok and IronHeart.
    Feel like human torch was the best counter in this sos. Did it in 1 revive compared to the others being 4
    Nova flame is passive
    Well damn! I totally forgot about that lmao
  • Options
    Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 128
    Does anyone use Starky? I recently tried him in practice matches and he seems to be able to evade his sp1 quite well
  • Options

Lokx said:

Lokx said:

Nova flame is passive
    Well damn! I totally forgot about that lmao
    I did too initially 💀

Did it!
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 149 ★★
    Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

ironheart isnt even the best tech counter to onslaught
    Which tech counter is better?
    shocker
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,164 ★★★★★
    edited May 28

Given how strong Onslaught is already at base I have a feeling the fight will be very similar to the Spider Ham fight. Not same nodes of course but in the sense that you won't have to fight him as you normally would, instead you will deal damage through different actions that way you have more options for the fight cause Onslaught already has very few counters, adding tough nodes that don't help you somehow would only make the fight worse. I refuse to believe they didn't learn their lesson after that Abs Man nightmare we had to deal with not that long ago.

Well at least someone here is still thinking for the best towards upcoming onslaught week,
    But for how long xD
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,948 ★★★★★
    I guess we will find out tomorrow if Kabam is trolling us with that image. I hope not, I wanna get better at fighting onslaught with somebody other than hulkling.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 649 ★★★
    Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

shocker
    As someone who doesn’t have shocker as a 5,6 or 7 star, what makes shocker a better counter?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,587 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

shocker
    As someone who doesn’t have shocker as a 5,6 or 7 star, what makes shocker a better counter?
    He isn't metal and is quick for bg level healthpools

• Options

Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

Dab_west said:

Lokx said:

shocker
    He isn't metal and is quick for bg level healthpools

Fair enough
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Well at least someone here is still thinking for the best towards upcoming onslaught week,
    But for how long xD
    When Abs Man got nerfed, they said they were going to make changes to the rest of the fights moving forward due to difficulty, which has been true so far because no other WoW or SoS fight has been as hard as that one, they really wouldn't be that stupid lol the only hard thing about the fight on Wednesday is we're probably gonna have to constantly dex his sp2 with reversed controls which isn't even that hard.
    There is no way they will give him Abs Man level bs nodes when his whole kit is already as strong as is, even Hulkling had relatively easy nodes and he isn't as strong as Onslaught on defense.
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,524 ★★★★★

Then that would undermined Kabam Miike statement when he said Onslaught fight will have spring of sorrow live up to it's name lol.
  • Options
    I got my therapist on speed dial in case i need to set up an appointment after i experience:

• Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,194 ★★★★★
    10% chip off per revive would be a win 😂
  • Options
    edited May 28

Then that would undermined Kabam Miike statement when he said Onslaught fight will have spring of sorrow live up to it's name lol.
    That was most likely satire because of all the jokes that were being made about them adding stupid nodes such as "if the attacker hasn't made contact with the defender in 2 seconds inflict a shock on both the defender and the attacker". Did you expect him to say "don't worry about it fellas it won't be as hard as you think"? Where's the fun in that? Lol
    Making Onslaught an absolute nightmare like WoW Abs Man would go completely against what they said after the feedback they received from that WoW fight, makes absolutely no sense.
    Will Onslaught be hard? Yes, one of the hardest probably, however they acknowledged the fact that the Abs Man fight was overtuned and his changes would affect a lot of future Gauntlet fights so no I can 100% say I am not expecting another WoW Abs Man tomorrow and neither should you.
  • Options

That was most likely satire because of all the jokes that were being made about them adding stupid nodes such as "if the attacker hasn't made contact with the defender in 2 seconds inflict a shock on both the defender and the attacker". Did you expect him to say "don't worry about it fellas it won't be as hard as you think"? Where's the fun in that? Lol
    Making Onslaught an absolute nightmare like WoW Abs Man would go completely against what they said after the feedback they received from that WoW fight, makes absolutely no sense.
    Will Onslaught be hard? Yes, one of the hardest probably, however they acknowledged the fact that the Abs Man fight was overtuned and his changes would affect a lot of future Gauntlet fights so no I can 100% say I am not expecting another WoW Abs Man tomorrow and neither should you.
    Content like this should be hard but not to a point where players get discouraged and rage quit. 13 nodes on IF is overkill i never seen content with many nodes outside of incursion.
  • Options

Content like this should be hard but not to a point where players get discouraged and rage quit. 13 nodes on IF is overkill i never seen content with many nodes outside of incursion.
    Oh I agree 100% that's why I'm confident we won't be getting WoW Abs Man 2.0 tomorrow. That would be a very dumb move from Kabam after the dumpsterfire that was WoW Abs Man.
  • Options

Oh I agree 100% that's why I'm confident we won't be getting WoW Abs Man 2.0 tomorrow. That would be a very dumb move from Kabam after the dumpsterfire that was WoW Abs Man.
    I'm sure another dumpster fire is waiting to happen lol.
  • Options

I'm sure another dumpster fire is waiting to happen lol.
    Nah I think people are overreacting just because everyone hates fighting Onslaught in general, doubt it'll be that hard. If it is they know what they're gonna get into tomorrow lol.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 1,014 ★★★

IF is a poor defender so more nodes are needed to make it a sufficient difficulty. Also more nodes isnt always synonymous with more difficulty
  • Options
    Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 128

PT_99 said:

But for how long xD
    When Abs Man got nerfed, they said they were going to make changes to the rest of the fights moving forward due to difficulty, which has been true so far because no other WoW or SoS fight has been as hard as that one, they really wouldn't be that stupid lol the only hard thing about the fight on Wednesday is we're probably gonna have to constantly dex his sp2 with reversed controls which isn't even that hard.
    There is no way they will give him Abs Man level bs nodes when his whole kit is already as strong as is, even Hulkling had relatively easy nodes and he isn't as strong as Onslaught on defense.
    In the absence of nodes, I feel Onslaught is already a very tough fights with 3 immunities and multiple dex needed for sp1, etc. Not looking forward to this one at all
  • Options

This IF Imo was fairly easy. Like someone said above. IF defenders presence is non existent so buffing him up with nodes makes him challenging. The only issue was finding champs that can work well with him in accordance of the node because having no buff or debuffs reduces a lot of options
  • Options
    gohard123 said:

IF is a poor defender so more nodes are needed to make it a sufficient difficulty. Also more nodes isnt always synonymous with more difficulty
    Why haven't we fought Kamala or Groot yet?. 🤣
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 805 ★★★★
    SoS isn't about having a counter for a champion, but a counter for a champion with 10 nodes on them that is in some niche subset of the champion pool.

I promise you HAVOK at most will cover 1 objective, and I'd be surprised if it were that many.

If you want to apply any effort at all in preparing... grind out either some revives or some rank up resources, as it is going to be something like Cyclops that will be the answer.
  • Options
    edited May 29
    Watch all of us are going to be wrong 😂😂😂
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 809 ★★★★

I got my therapist on speed dial in case i need to set up an appointment after i experience:

Important follow up question

Is she/he any good, affordable and have availability?

If so can I have their number too, only 1hr30mins or so, getting really scared 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    edited May 29

SoS isn't about having a counter for a champion, but a counter for a champion with 10 nodes on them that is in some niche subset of the champion pool.

I promise you HAVOK at most will cover 1 objective, and I'd be surprised if it were that many.

If you want to apply any effort at all in preparing... grind out either some revives or some rank up resources, as it is going to be something like Cyclops that will be the answer.

Edit: How comes the gifs have been smaller recently?