Who can tell me why

Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Member Posts: 300 ★★
Ok so to preface the question I did the That's Gonna Sting path in 8.1.3 and brought scorpion, Venom (for synergy), spiderham, doc ox, and Mr Fantastic. The goal was to use scorpion and spiderham for the path and scorpion for Diablo. Scorpion got KOd by Knull and at the choice node I traded fantastic for shuri. My hope was that her shock would carry me through so I didn't have to revive scorpion. She got him down to 35% and venom was still full health, since the only thing I used him for was to finish off knull, so I decided to see how far I could get Diablo down with him before reviving scorpion. Anyways... The question!
Why did Diablo never activate his unblockable or unstoppable buffs when fighting with venom? I kept spamming sp1 and even though I was being poisoned I was basically taking no damage.

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    I can't understand what you are saying, what nodes does Diablo have? More context would be appreciated
  • Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Member Posts: 300 ★★

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    Are the poisons stacking? if it doesn't stack, then the damage from poison might be negligible compared to willpower healing from poison.

Also Venom might have nullfied the unstoppable buff via sp1, fun fact is, if you nullified the buff once in riot node, it will trigger again only if you knock the opponent down again

Are the poisons stacking? if it doesn't stack, then the damage from poison might be negligible compared to willpower healing from poison.

Also Venom might have nullfied the unstoppable buff via sp1, fun fact is, if you nullified the buff once in riot node, it will trigger again only if you knock the opponent down again

I still have 2 paths left so I will try again with venom and record it. I wasn't expecting it to go so easy. I guess because it's a buff it can be nullified. And the way venom gains power I probably hit him with sp1 almost right out of the gate.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 484 ★★★
    Sp1 nullfiied. And I think biotic is generally low damage
  • DONZALOOG1234DONZALOOG1234 Member Posts: 183
    Aint nothing but a heartache
  • MasquiradeMasquirade Member Posts: 132
    edited May 28
    Is it possible you consumed one of those buffs early with your SP1? The node says that when knocked down by a Special attack, the unstoppable buff is "replaced" with Unblockable, or vice versa. If one of those buffs is consumed at any point, you can't swap an unstoppable buff for an unblockable buff if the unstoppable isn't there, effectively ending the cycle

Is it possible you consumed one of those buffs early with your SP1? The node says that when knocked down by a Special attack, the unstoppable buff is "replaced" with Unblockable, or vice versa. If one of those buffs is consumed at any point, you can't swap an unstoppable buff for an unblockable buff if the unstoppable isn't there, effectively ending the cycle

I like where you are going with your thoughts! One thing I love about this game are these random interactions where things happen when you don't expect it!
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 420 ★★
    Lokx said:

Aint nothing but a heartache

yeah, glad I'm not the only one got that stuck in their head over the thread title...
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    Lokx said:

Ok so I can confirm that venom absolutely nullified the unblockable/unstoppable with his Sp1 and was also healing from it. I tested to see what happened if I did a heavy and the unblockable came back.
    Turns out it ain't nothing but a mistake!