**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

2 QoL suggestions for Dust(not requesting a buff)

Heruzu369Heruzu369 Posts: 117 ★★
edited May 29 in General Discussion
Idk about everyone else, but I been loving Dust and been planning on taking her to r3, however, there was 2 things that became clear very early on in the month of so I been playing her. Both aren’t major but will make her better in specific class match ups and the other will streamline her sandstorm ability.

1) The first notable aspect of her gameplay that seemed to be more of an interference than intended to(at least I think) is her heavy activation of the sandstorm. More specifically, her sandstorm activating AFTER her heavy instead of upon activation/charge. Her sandstorm activating after her heavy pushes the opposing champ across the screen, thus stalling a second or 2 on her sandstorm. Additionally, if the AI chooses to block and/or remain passive while across the screen, more time can get wasted unnecessarily. If sandstorm activated upon charging the heavy(similar to how white tiger sp3 activates immediately when charging) then we would be able to stun the opponent, charge the heavy to activate sandstorm and go immediately into her special attacks, thus creating a more streamline process and preserving time on her sandstorm to increase the effectiveness and minimize AI reliance. Obviously, the Ai can still choose to be passive, but that would be AFTER getting hit with the first special during sandstorm, and if it’s the sp2, then the process is even better. A lil change to when sandstorm activates can make a much smoother and consistent gameplay experience, which to me, is the exact purpose of a QoL change. Nothing is getting buffed or nerfed, just simply shifted.

2) This one can be more debatable because I know a single champ isn’t supposed to counter the WHOLE class; however, if Dust sand debuffs can ignore the ability accuracy effects of SKILL champions specifically(not nodes, or other classes) I believe it would be a beneficial improvement. This may be a slight buff I guess but I think it makes sense given the Critical importance of Dust debuffs is to her kit. They’re the key to her kit essentially, which is made evident by her ability to still benefit even when she debuffs are purified. If Dust can ignore the ability accuracy reduction effects of skill champions than champs who shouldn’t counter Dust would now be appropriately vulnerable to her as the rest. Champs like Mantis and even Falcon null hers kit, which just feels weird. Not saying they’re good defenders now against her, but she isn’t necessarily even a good option against them on offense either. I can respect the relationship between Baron Zemo and Dust, because well… their kits naturally punish each other or even Killmonger with his increased power gain vs her, but each match up is at least quid pro pro, skill champs who specialize/utilize aar aren’t punished by her and actually are the favorable match up since they can shut her kit off. I dont feel this suggestion is nearly as important as the first one but I feel it is an addition that makes sense given to how her kit works against the skill class.

What are everyone else opinions on the two suggestions? Does anyone have their own suggestions? Try to make it reasonable, and if my requests aren’t reasonable, please elaborate why

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,544 ★★★★★
    I never thought about it, but I really hate playing dust because of your point #1. If they did that, I'd probably use her a ton.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,133 ★★★★
    I can get behind that point one, definitely should initiate on heavy activation rather than landing