Most overhyped champ in MCOC

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
So Beta Ray Bill is basically confirmed to be coming to the contest soon, and there’s already a lot of hype around him. Let’s look back at the previous years and see. Which champ was the most overhyped when they first came out?

Note: Overhyped doesn’t mean the champion is bad

Most overhyped champ in MCOC 144 votes

Silver Surfer
19%
World EaterzuffyRagnarok13SupermanojkikiFurieuxSandeepSDONZALOOG1234XFA_RebootedDRTORockypantherxMattstafariKyrinMcHPrentexSkillful_starShenkChiefGoatWeenerNortherehRealWizardBrad366 28 votes
Doctor Doom
7%
BrokenGuyGardnerKTPrimalSpider_RicoGogiGiantwalrus56MidiMeh123RiryokuMethodMan69Kingering_King 11 votes
Infamous Iron Man
32%
Talha305RajaVegeta9001Magrailothosfrodo2377Gghyde4321__Herbal_TaxmanNewman0067LiquidkoldAyden_noah1GhostPoolSpiderGkeverySector1988captain_rogersPowerofpain1001LegionnaireItsClobberinTimeyücel53TP33Matty_IceMCOCHazza 47 votes
Zemo
10%
Bendygash228pingu_tucnacekSteam97ElwindSirGamesBondDemonic_embraceRuwqiersaDarkraw346Vijay_33007BishopAnsh_AToniXD_16NineHeavenMarvelNoob 15 votes
Morbius
20%
Ace_03BigTuna_2054Repto23dfmoore26MoosetiptronicblurblotAleorBeeweepsp742peixemacacoAtzeKrankJCC5280dee_jay5Josh2507DarrowTheholyplungerAshacekarStephD87InsaneSkullThePredator1001 30 votes
Other
9%
RaganatorDemonzfyreGodrohrchimichanga2108DeaconPRIMUUSBen_15455Warlock1413579rebel_LokxSamanunSlayerOfGodsSuper_Cretu90 13 votes

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,295 ★★★★★
    Silver Surfer

Why tf Doctor doom is in the list? He is the best mystic champ since his release, literally used to be the most broken champ until herc's release.

Irondoom has to be most overhyped champ. People literally r5ed him with the gem from cariva v3 challenges (first r5 resource in game) and Compared him with nimrod and ghost. Soon he faded out lol.

Weren’t people also hyped about Doom as well?
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 142
    Zemo

Why tf Doctor doom is in the list? He is the best mystic champ since his release, literally used to be the most broken champ until herc's release.

Irondoom has to be most overhyped champ. People literally r5ed him with the gem from cariva v3 challenges (first r5 resource in game) and Compared him with nimrod and ghost. Soon he faded out lol.

Abs man better
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Other
    Serpent
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,093 ★★★★★
    Infamous Iron Man
    ToniXD_16 said:

Abs man better
    Depends on the context.

In bgs - abs man is a better duel threat. But in general, Doom can offer more than abs man.

Also abs man has a skill cap, Anyone can efficiently use doom.
    Infamous Iron Man
    EdisonLaw said:

But your question is "overhyped", i.e., hyped about a character but the character end up not meeting the expectations of the playerbase. Doom is completely opposite to that.
    Silver Surfer

ToniXD_16 said:

Abs man better
    Depends on the context.

In bgs - abs man is a better duel threat. But in general, Doom can offer more than abs man.

Also abs man has a skill cap, Anyone can efficiently use doom.
    With a bit of practice, anyone can use Abs Man as well. He’s not as difficult as someone like Tigra
    Infamous Iron Man
    Ansh_A said:

If the question is a champion who everyone was super excited about before release but just did not meet expectations after release then my vote goes to Sandman. Such an exciting set of powers and abilities that Kabam got right with Dust was way off with the actual sandman released.

If the question is a champion that was overhyped after release but just doesnt live up to expectations then my vote goes to Zemo. Iron man infamous is not far behind but i at least see value in idoom and really dont get the hype about Zemo

Zemo is busted for debuff heavy matchups but outside that yeah he don't have much value.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

If the question is a champion who everyone was super excited about before release but just did not meet expectations after release then my vote goes to Sandman. Such an exciting set of powers and abilities that Kabam got right with Dust was way off with the actual sandman released.

If the question is a champion that was overhyped after release but just doesnt live up to expectations then my vote goes to Zemo. Iron man infamous is not far behind but i at least see value in idoom and really dont get the hype about Zemo

Gotta agree on sandman for sure.

Such an iconic character, and he's pretty well useless when you have a developed roster.
    His animations are some of my favourite in the game but last time I used him was for Wow Absman. 😭
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,901 ★★★★★
    Zemo
    Hard to say for me overhyped as both zemo and morbius was overhyped which i didnt get as theres better champs in that class over the 2 and one fell off quicker than other but i just hate the word zemogate
    Infamous Iron Man
    Bendy said:

Hard to say for me overhyped as both zemo and morbius was overhyped which i didnt get as theres better champs in that class over the 2 and one fell off quicker than other but i just hate the word zemogate

Necro was more like KateGate
    Silver Surfer

Ansh_A said:

Such an iconic character, and he's pretty well useless when you have a developed roster.
    His animations are some of my favourite in the game but last time I used him was for Wow Absman. 😭
    I just wished he was better. He isn’t bad by any means, it’s just that the science class is stacked. Same with morb
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Ansh_A said:

I just wished he was better. He isn’t bad by any means, it’s just that the science class is stacked. Same with morb
    100%. So much potential to be a killer but overshadowed by so many other champs in his class it's crazy.

Definitely a solid champ, though.
    Pulled him as a 7* on my mini acct and he's awesome there because it's a small account without alot of the game breaking champs I have on my main.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    edited May 31
    Other
    Peni parker. Don’t get me wrong she is a good champ but after getting her i just don’t see the hype.

Also its crazy how undervalued ghost is now. She has guaranteed crit, miss + power gain and converts all damaging debuffs into fury.
    Silver Surfer
    Lokx said:

Peni parker. Don’t get me wrong she is a good champ but after getting her i just don’t see the hype.

Also its crazy how undervalued ghost is now. She has guaranteed crit, miss + power gain and converts all damaging debuffs into fury.

Peni was mainly hyped as a defender. I still see Ghost being used sometimes
    Infamous Iron Man
    Peni parker is super unreliable.

Y'all know she can power drain via sp1. But if opponent has 3 bars of power, and you use her sp1, then she drains some power from opponent, but the remaining hits will exactly put opponent again in 3 bars of power. What a joke 🤡
    Silver Surfer

Y'all know she can power drain via sp1. But if opponent has 3 bars of power, and you use her sp1, then she drains some power from opponent, but the remaining hits will exactly put opponent again in 3 bars of power. What a joke 🤡

She was designed to be more of a defender
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★

Peni’s ability to drain power is to feed her charges, not as an actual reliable power drain. Her power burn activates over a certain amount of charges too. She’s a high damage dealer and can deal with Nick. Personally I think she’s pretty good duped and I’d love to pull her from a basic
  • SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 699 ★★★
    Other
    None of these are currently overhyped
    Other

It sounds more like your skills are unreliable because you definitely aren’t playing her right
    Other
    I feel like onslaught and ham are pretty overhyped
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Infamous Iron Man
    Morbius overhyped ? I didn’t know he was even hyped 🤭

I just R2ed my 7* tho…i like that 175k+ sp2 if they bleed 🧨💥🔥
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Other
    Emilia90 said:

Peni’s ability to drain power is to feed her charges, not as an actual reliable power drain. Her power burn activates over a certain amount of charges too. She’s a high damage dealer and can deal with Nick. Personally I think she’s pretty good duped and I’d love to pull her from a basic
    Maybe i’m playing her wrong but i don’t think her damage is impressive.
    Silver Surfer
    Lokx said:

Emilia90 said:

1-2 sp1s then sp2. Depends on the opponent’s health
    edited May 31
    Infamous Iron Man
    Lokx said:

Emilia90 said:

After 2-3 sp1 launch your sp2 when you have 11+ charges. Damage would be nice but not impressive.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    Morbius
    I'd say morbius, people literally organises
    mourning days after pulling him from Titan
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Other
    EdisonLaw said:

No. It took months before people realized how good he was.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★
    Other
    None of these were "over hyped" by what we would consider by that term. Herc, Apoc, Adam Warlock and Onslaught were more "over hyped" than any that you listed.