**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

SoS onslaught cap iw

I’ve been looking for some guide or video on someone using cap iw for the onslaught fight and despite him being a double objective champ I haven’t seen a single one.

Is he just that bad for the fight? Can someone point me in the right direction for a video of the matchup

Comments

• Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 244 ★★★
    I did my run with my 7* r1. Spent some revives (didn't really count but it should be between 5-8). I cannot point you to a video except for MSD and his guide on how to punish Onslaught's sp1.
    Then the fight is vanilla, nothing special with CAIW since you can't parry. Just play, try to push him to sp1, punish and push him again and again to sp1... Warning: it's very frustrating because you do little damage so it's VERY long
  • Options
    Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 185 ★★
    It's a very easy fight with cap if you can play well. Just keep parrying . You will take very minimal damage. You will get to stun him occasionally and can throw humour heavy. Keep doing this till you get to sp2. There, if you can parry heavy sp2, well and good. Even other wise, throw the sp2 while he's throwing his heavy . It will stun him you're safe.

You can also counter his heavy 90% of the time if you time it correctly
  • Options
    I was able to do 25% in one run. Could have been even a solo if you don't fail your parries
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 244 ★★★
    edited June 1
    parry SOS Onslaught?
  • Options

parry SOS Onslaught?

Why not. You barely take any damage. Sure, you won't heal through willpower, but that isn't necessary. It saves you so much headache dancing around in the fight
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 912 ★★★
    #showcapsolo
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,454 ★★★★★
    I have a 7* r1 Capiw and tried to use him to get two objectives, but later gave up.

The main problem with this fight is AI, which refuse to intercept and you can't punish heavies/specials. So getting openings for attack is the real problem.

With herc, you can apply infuriate or use unblockable from immortality to keep hitting. Shang can hit on block and stun for his rotation.
    So I used these champs for the two objectives.

For the avengers objective, I gave up using cap and used photon. She is really awesome since you can actually parry and stun onslaught with her. So you don't have to worry about AI. Just play slow and as long as you don't mess up, you can easily solo him with photon.

Hence, cap is a poor choice.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★

I have a 7* r1 Capiw and tried to use him to get two objectives, but later gave up.

The main problem with this fight is AI, which refuse to intercept and you can't punish heavies/specials. So getting openings for attack is the real problem.

With herc, you can apply infuriate or use unblockable from immortality to keep hitting. Shang can hit on block and stun for his rotation.

For the avengers objective, I gave up using cap and used photon. She is really awesome since you can actually parry and stun onslaught with her. So you don't have to worry about AI. Just play slow and as long as you don't mess up, you can easily solo him with photon.

Don't tell me you used Herc first and then used shangchi 💀
    Shangchi on his own covers the Herc objective also, he's double objective guy.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

Don't tell me you used Herc first and then used shangchi 💀
    Shangchi on his own covers the Herc objective also, he's double objective guy.
    Yeah ik Initially my plan was to use herc and capiw for other two objectives. Then I found out shang can cheese the fight.

I used 3 revives with herc and solo with shang, so I don't regret much it's just 3 revives. Photon and DKG objective took me 5 revive each which isn't bad either. It's a total of 13 revives which is less than what I spent on Iron fist.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 896 ★★★★
    I did it with CAIW but it ended up being a bit of a Revive sink. In the end I gave up trying to avoid blocking and instead focused on avoiding as many of Onslaught's SP1 hits was I could and focusing on getting to one or two SP2 with CAIW.
  • Options
    Upon further playing, solo with a R1 will be very hard. But with a r2-3 it should be fairly possible
  • Options

So I took off 11% health while only losing 4%. So by extrapolating this, a good player should be able to solo with around 50% health remaining
  • Options
    Got it done in 2 revives
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    5* cap iw here, i can ascend him. worth it for the 2 objectives? or do a 6* r3 shang chi and 6* r5a Photon instead?

The issue is the pool of Carina's Challenger champs is horrendous. My void is also not ranked.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

5* cap iw here, i can ascend him. worth it for the 2 objectives? or do a 6* r3 shang chi and 6* r5a Photon instead?

The issue is the pool of Carina's Challenger champs is horrendous. My void is also not ranked.

Both Shang nd photon can solo onslut, as they need not to worry about the AI for their playstyle. You're better off with them. No way 5* cap can do it less than 20 revives.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Both Shang nd photon can solo onslut, as they need not to worry about the AI for their playstyle. You're better off with them. No way 5* cap can do it less than 20 revives.
    i can keep parrying with photon due to her base energy resistance as well as the resistance from the nodes?
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
    edited June 8
    I used capiw. Took about 9 revives. The runs were all over the place due to AI. I could get maybe 25% in 1 run, then not even get 1 full combo in before getting intercepted by onslaught in the next run and do zero damage. I already used herc and got a solo, so I had revives to dump. Rather than do 2 objectives, I opted to use capiw and finish the remaining objectives in 1 go. If the AI was better, I probably could have split the run.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,375 ★★★★
    edited June 9
    I did use cap iw but he isn't the best option for that fight. When you take blocked hits he puts daunted on you and you can kiss your willpower healing goodbye