Justice for Cyclops?

VolxRenVolxRen Member Posts: 67
edited June 1 in General Discussion
Was thinking to create a poll or just a topic about Cyclops. X-men 97 made him awesome again, after years of poor movie choices. Respectfully, my question is simple. Isn't it the right time to bring his true power to the contest, with new astonishing animations? Just saw deep dive on Arcade and it is heart breaking how far he is from what Cyclops has in his kit. Once again, with all respects to everyone. Just something that is on my mind.

Justice for Cyclops? 62 votes

Yes
74% 46 votes
No
9% 6 votes
Don't care
16% 10 votes

Comments

• 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,723 ★★★★★
    I tried my hand at creating a buff concept a couple months ago if anyone wants to read here it is

Cyclops (Blue)

Abilities: Prowess, Overload, Precision, Energy Vulnerability, Unblockable, Energize
    Passive

Being the master of energy Cyclops is immune to Energy Vulnerability and energy penetration, and Shock, Incinerate, Plasma, and neuroshock effects suffer -150% potency and +4700 energy resistance (based on r5 6star)

The Stun from the parry mastery is passive

Cyclops Starts the fight with an indefinite energize passive of 60% potency the potency is decreased by 20% per bar of power

Rebel's Notes
    This is a lot to take in but Cyclops reduces the potency of most dot effects and his energy resistance is high and cannot be reduced by energy vulnerability or penetration
    The energize is a callback to his original kit
    Basic Attacks

Ending A Combo with a medium grants a precision passive granting +400 critical rating max 5 when he gains one is this manner refresh all existing precisions

Ending a combo with the 4th light refreshes all energy vulnerability passives

Rebel's notes
    This will help Cyclops damage ramp up
    Heavy Attack

ANIMATION CHANGE-Change to something like the destroyer's

Each hit inflicts a non stacking sunder passive and slow passive for 12 seconds

Rebel's notes
    This helps you get the most out of your precisions
    And ignore unstoppable
    Prowess

Cyclops's prowess's increase special damage by 15%

Cyclops cannot gain prowess while power locked or suppressed he loses all prowess if power drained

Either champions Well Timed Blocks grant cyclops 5 prowess

When cyclops is struck he gains 1 prowess

Cyclops gains benefits certain benefits in his specials based on his prowess count

5+ special cannot miss or me evaded
    10+ specials are unblockable unless the opponent has an armor up effect
    20+ specials cannot be avoided with dexterity

After a special ends cyclops consume 30% of his prowess (rounded up) per level of special used

Rebel's notes
    I know that most of you will hate me for making unblockable undodgeable specials but you can control his prowess or if you have an armor up you can block the specials offensively use prowess as your main damage source
    All Specials

Inflict an overload passive of 150% potency for the special
    Special 1

ANIMATION CHANGE cyclops uses 3 beams to hit the opponent the 1st are 1 hit each the 3rd are two hits the timing is similar to Viv's special 1

Each hit inflicts an energy vulnerability reducing energy resistance by 400 each max 8

Rebel's Notes
    This is a good way to ramp your damage
    Special 2

ANIMATION CHANGE-Cyclops shoots a quick beam and then sweeps the area with a big blast 4 hits like purgatory's special

Increase prowess potency by 50% for the special attack

Rebel's notes this is the big damage pay off
    Special 3

At the end of this attack cyclops gains a 50% potency power efficiency passive for 30 seconds
    While this power efficiency is active cyclops energize penalty is removed and specials do not consume prowess however cyclops cannot gain power from any mutant power boost

This is the long fight rotation

(X-Gene Mastery Signature Ability)

Cyclops Masters his energy reducing his opponent's combat power rate by 0.1%-1% per hit in either champions combo meter max 50%

Just some more utility

Recommend Mastery
    Precision
    Cruelty
    Recoil

Recommended Relic
    Storm
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,095 ★★★★★
    I hate MCU making him dirty. Such a iconic character, reduced to some jealous loser in the movies
  • VolxRenVolxRen Member Posts: 67

I tried my hand at creating a buff concept a couple months ago if anyone wants to read here it is

Cyclops (Blue)

Abilities: Prowess, Overload, Precision, Energy Vulnerability, Unblockable, Energize
    Passive

Being the master of energy Cyclops is immune to Energy Vulnerability and energy penetration, and Shock, Incinerate, Plasma, and neuroshock effects suffer -150% potency and +4700 energy resistance (based on r5 6star)

The Stun from the parry mastery is passive

Cyclops Starts the fight with an indefinite energize passive of 60% potency the potency is decreased by 20% per bar of power

Rebel's Notes
    This is a lot to take in but Cyclops reduces the potency of most dot effects and his energy resistance is high and cannot be reduced by energy vulnerability or penetration
    The energize is a callback to his original kit
    Basic Attacks

Ending A Combo with a medium grants a precision passive granting +400 critical rating max 5 when he gains one is this manner refresh all existing precisions

Ending a combo with the 4th light refreshes all energy vulnerability passives

Rebel's notes
    This will help Cyclops damage ramp up
    Heavy Attack

ANIMATION CHANGE-Change to something like the destroyer's

Each hit inflicts a non stacking sunder passive and slow passive for 12 seconds

Rebel's notes
    This helps you get the most out of your precisions
    And ignore unstoppable
    Prowess

Cyclops's prowess's increase special damage by 15%

Cyclops cannot gain prowess while power locked or suppressed he loses all prowess if power drained

Either champions Well Timed Blocks grant cyclops 5 prowess

When cyclops is struck he gains 1 prowess

Cyclops gains benefits certain benefits in his specials based on his prowess count

5+ special cannot miss or me evaded
    10+ specials are unblockable unless the opponent has an armor up effect
    20+ specials cannot be avoided with dexterity

After a special ends cyclops consume 30% of his prowess (rounded up) per level of special used

Rebel's notes
    I know that most of you will hate me for making unblockable undodgeable specials but you can control his prowess or if you have an armor up you can block the specials offensively use prowess as your main damage source
    All Specials

Inflict an overload passive of 150% potency for the special
    Special 1

ANIMATION CHANGE cyclops uses 3 beams to hit the opponent the 1st are 1 hit each the 3rd are two hits the timing is similar to Viv's special 1

Each hit inflicts an energy vulnerability reducing energy resistance by 400 each max 8

Rebel's Notes
    This is a good way to ramp your damage
    Special 2

ANIMATION CHANGE-Cyclops shoots a quick beam and then sweeps the area with a big blast 4 hits like purgatory's special

Increase prowess potency by 50% for the special attack

Rebel's notes this is the big damage pay off
    Special 3

At the end of this attack cyclops gains a 50% potency power efficiency passive for 30 seconds
    While this power efficiency is active cyclops energize penalty is removed and specials do not consume prowess however cyclops cannot gain power from any mutant power boost

This is the long fight rotation

(X-Gene Mastery Signature Ability)

Cyclops Masters his energy reducing his opponent's combat power rate by 0.1%-1% per hit in either champions combo meter max 50%

Just some more utility

Recommend Mastery
    Precision
    Cruelty
    Recoil

Recommended Relic
    Storm

It sounds totally awesome. I also think that prowess should be in the kit. More beam attacks is always nice. Also, being a Blue Team, would be nice to have that Blue Team synergy with some nice benefits for everyone involved. Classical team had Cyclops as a leader and Wolverine, Beast, Psylocke, Rogue, and Gambit as members. This could be somehow reflected.
    edited June 1

I hate MCU making him dirty. Such a iconic character, reduced to some jealous loser in the movies

So true and what is even worse that in all games and medias before movies he was a powerhouse.
  • doctorbdoctorb Member Posts: 1,819 ★★★★
    I'm hijacking ur post and making it a Phoenix post 😋

She needs love even more considering how powerful she really is in comics 😋
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,095 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

I'm hijacking ur post and making it a Phoenix post 😋

She needs love even more considering how powerful she really is in comics 😋

Yes and also we need mutant psychic jean grey version in the game as well.
    Agree with you both! But same as Cyclops she was released in 2016. So won't mind Cyclops and Phoenix duo buff.

• Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 422 ★★
    Scott's always been somewhere between a boy scout and a full time jock, but that's honestly what made him a key XMen leader. and, his training, tactics, and powers make him potent on his own.
    NEEDS both better, significant synergies, and tune up to his kit. and now would be a great time.
  • DragmireDragmire Member Posts: 22
    I think there are a lot of characters that would benefit solely from new animations that aren't so generic and implement moves or motions that closer resemble the characters. Or at least there needs to be a better middle ground between, for example, the new normal spidey over-animation and the OG extremely basic spidey animation.
    True. But nowadays, we have examples that everything is possible. From buffs, we can look at new and awesome animations for OG Iron Man. From kit tuning, I think Mr. Sinister became absolute monster with specific and unique game style. As I wrote in the beginning, new champions look more and more insane. Nevertheless, old champions deserve to be used and enjoyed. As many people said, now is the best time to use Cyclops hype.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,302 ★★★★★
    The real question is, why not?
    @Magrailothos I know you have a rework concept
    You know, we are just talking and hoping here. So who knows what future will bring. But come on, Cyclops even had his shine in recent comics. That is why people talk, not only here but also Youtube.

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,861 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Of course 😉

Although it's a little simpler than Rebel's - that's my attempt to make it more do-able/balanced.

Cyclops '97

Attack 3297
    Health 53576

Battlerealm affinity

Energy Resistance +525
    Cyclops is immune to Cowardice effects.

Cyclops benefits from an additional +40% Combat Power which is reduced by a flat 20% for each full bar of Power he has, to a minimum of zero.

For each Special attack he throws in a battle, Cyclops gains a Power Efficiency passive, reducing the Power cost of subsequent Special attacks by 1.25% (max 20 stacks).

Prowess
    Cyclops builds Prowess Passives over time, one every eight seconds, to a maximum of ten.
    Each grants +10% Attack during his Special attacks, and all Prowess are consumed at the end of any Special Attack.

Optic Blast Attacks
    All Optic Blasts benefit from +550 Block penetration. Opponents with an Unstoppable or Inexorable effect act as though they do not have those effects when struck by Optic Blasts.
    For each Prowess effect he has when activating them, Optic Blasts reduce the opponents Critical Resistance by 75, and inflict an additional 10% of the damage done as instant Physical Burst damage.

Heavy Attacks
    Cyclops's Heavy Attack is a short-range Optic Blast, aimed low to knock his opponents off-balance. If the opponent has the Stand Your Ground Mastery, it is removed.

Special Attacks
    75% chance to trigger a Precision buff granting +1630 Critical Rating for 9 seconds.
    When fighting #Robots, Cyclops doesn't hold back against them: for each bar of Power spent, he gains +1099 Attack, and Armour Breaks gain +50% Potency.
    If an Armour break is prevented by Immunity, Optic Blasts inflict a Fragility debuff of equal duration. When attacking a Fragile opponent, increase Critical Damage Rating by 400 and decrease their block proficiency by 25%.
    • SP1: Each Optic Blast has a 60% chance to Armour Break (-750 armour for 9 seconds)
    • SP2: Each Optic Blast has a 70% chance to Armour Break (-1150 armour for 11 seconds)
    • SP3: 85% chance to inflict each of five stacks of Armour Break (each removing a stack of Armour, and reducing Armour Rating by -1250 for 15 seconds).
    Signature
    As he develops an increasing affinity for the strange energies of the Battlerealm, the time taken for Cyclops to gain Prowess is reduced by 40%.
    When he has a combo of 15 or more, Optic Blasts are Unblockable and their Physical Burst damage is increased by 40%

Synergies
    The Originals (Beast, Archangel, Iceman, Phoenix)
    • Cyclops: Cyclops starts the match with five Power Efficiency passives and his max stacks rises to 25.
    • Beast: Beast can switch between combat modes by dashing back and holding block for 1.7s. In Acrobatic mode he reduces his opponents Defensive Ability accuracy by 30%, or 65% for Tech opponents.
    • Archangel: Recalling his Danger Room training, Archangel disables the opponent's Dexterity mastery and cannot be struck whilst dashing back.
    • Iceman: Inflicting Coldsnap on an opponent Pauses all Frostbites for 5s, and each has a 25% chance to inflict an additional Frostbite passive
    • Phoenix: When she enters Overload or activates Rite of the Phoenix, Phoenix gains a Power Gain buff, generating one bar of Power over five seconds.
    @Magrailothos planning to work for Kabam anytime soon?

EdisonLaw said:

Of course 😉

Although it's a little simpler than Rebel's - that's my attempt to make it more do-able/balanced.

Cyclops '97

Attack 3297
    Health 53576

Battlerealm affinity

Energy Resistance +525
    Cyclops is immune to Cowardice effects.

Cyclops benefits from an additional +40% Combat Power which is reduced by a flat 20% for each full bar of Power he has, to a minimum of zero.

For each Special attack he throws in a battle, Cyclops gains a Power Efficiency passive, reducing the Power cost of subsequent Special attacks by 1.25% (max 20 stacks).

Prowess
    Cyclops builds Prowess Passives over time, one every eight seconds, to a maximum of ten.
    Each grants +10% Attack during his Special attacks, and all Prowess are consumed at the end of any Special Attack.

Optic Blast Attacks
    All Optic Blasts benefit from +550 Block penetration. Opponents with an Unstoppable or Inexorable effect act as though they do not have those effects when struck by Optic Blasts.
    For each Prowess effect he has when activating them, Optic Blasts reduce the opponents Critical Resistance by 75, and inflict an additional 10% of the damage done as instant Physical Burst damage.

Heavy Attacks
    Cyclops's Heavy Attack is a short-range Optic Blast, aimed low to knock his opponents off-balance. If the opponent has the Stand Your Ground Mastery, it is removed.

Special Attacks
    75% chance to trigger a Precision buff granting +1630 Critical Rating for 9 seconds.
    When fighting #Robots, Cyclops doesn't hold back against them: for each bar of Power spent, he gains +1099 Attack, and Armour Breaks gain +50% Potency.
    If an Armour break is prevented by Immunity, Optic Blasts inflict a Fragility debuff of equal duration. When attacking a Fragile opponent, increase Critical Damage Rating by 400 and decrease their block proficiency by 25%.
    • SP1: Each Optic Blast has a 60% chance to Armour Break (-750 armour for 9 seconds)
    • SP2: Each Optic Blast has a 70% chance to Armour Break (-1150 armour for 11 seconds)
    • SP3: 85% chance to inflict each of five stacks of Armour Break (each removing a stack of Armour, and reducing Armour Rating by -1250 for 15 seconds).
    Signature
    As he develops an increasing affinity for the strange energies of the Battlerealm, the time taken for Cyclops to gain Prowess is reduced by 40%.
    When he has a combo of 15 or more, Optic Blasts are Unblockable and their Physical Burst damage is increased by 40%

Synergies
    The Originals (Beast, Archangel, Iceman, Phoenix)
    • Cyclops: Cyclops starts the match with five Power Efficiency passives and his max stacks rises to 25.
    • Beast: Beast can switch between combat modes by dashing back and holding block for 1.7s. In Acrobatic mode he reduces his opponents Defensive Ability accuracy by 30%, or 65% for Tech opponents.
    • Archangel: Recalling his Danger Room training, Archangel disables the opponent's Dexterity mastery and cannot be struck whilst dashing back.
    • Iceman: Inflicting Coldsnap on an opponent Pauses all Frostbites for 5s, and each has a 25% chance to inflict an additional Frostbite passive
    • Phoenix: When she enters Overload or activates Rite of the Phoenix, Phoenix gains a Power Gain buff, generating one bar of Power over five seconds.
    I love the Heavy. That would be dream come true. Overall sounds really cool!
    EdisonLaw said:

@Magrailothos planning to work for Kabam anytime soon?

Absolutely great question :smile: