**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Valor Wiped Out Unexpectedly

MorosophMorosoph Posts: 100
edited December 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
It wasn't made clear that the unspent valor would be wiped out at the end of the period - I had been saving some to spend at the start of the next cycle. I falsely got the impression that the timeout referred to the the number of items that one could buy. Otherwise, I'd have bought more shards instead of waiting for the price (but not the valor) to reset.

I know that that might sound greedy - expecting one to reset, but not the other, but I thought that the purpose of the buying limit was to space out purchases, with the countdown referring to when one could buy more. There was no indication that I would have to spend valor by a certain time.

Comments

• Options
    CptMuffinCptMuffin Posts: 85
    They did say it would go away and be transferred to gold.
  • Options
    superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    It was made pretty clear - the prices were never going to reset and the valor was being exchanged on a 1:1 basis for gold.

It wasn't wiped out - you just got a lot more gold now.
    VALOR STORE
    NOTE: Every item can be purchased up to 5 times, but price will increase around 25% each time. Price will not reset. Spending Valor will not reduce your Valor Leaderboard number.
    NOTE 2: Store will become unavailable at some time around December 6th. Valor will be converted to gold sometime near Dec 12.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/29346/announcing-the-champions-of-valhalla-event/p1
  • Options
    CptMuffin wrote: »
    They did say it would go away and be transferred to gold.

Oh I see. That makes sense. At least it wasn't lost altogether, thought I'd certainly have bought new shards if I'd got the message!
  • Options
    Newbie posts are spam, now? :(

I didn't know to check the forum, and I don't remember the limits on valor being explained in-game.
  • Options
    It got converted into gold, which is probably more useful anyway. I let about 500k expire and turn into gold.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The conversion was def more useful. Saved my last 390k valor to get the gold.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Morosoph wrote: »
    Newbie posts are spam, now? :(

I didn't know to check the forum, and I don't remember the limits on valor being explained in-game.

It was send ingame at the start of the event.
  • Options
    But they never gave a date or countdown of when the store would go away or the conversion. They only said “soon”. “Soon” being a relative term, I kinda thought maybe a week. Can’t buy catalysts with gold
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    The valor store had a timer on it. We knew exactly when it was ending.
  • Options
    Haven’t looked at the valor store for a few days, I knew it was between tier 4 or alpha catalysts, was just waiting until it was closer to the end to see which I needed worse. I assumed there would be a message. You know what they say about assuming.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    There was an in-game message that stated when the expiration dates were.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    sorry my friend, but I think the announcement is quite clear. I can understand that not everyone have the time to read every single line and every details, me included. Hopefully you don't loose too much of your valors. I mean you still get them to be converted into gold eventually.
  • Options
    JEFFROJEFFRO Posts: 13
    They did tell us dude