**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Kate bugged?

Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,400 ★★★★
I know some people will click on this post out of worry that Kate is negatively affected, so I’m gonna get this out of the way:

This bug DOES NOT affect her outside of Everest content like necro & abyss, in 95% of content she’s exactly the same.

The bug is the fact that Kate is not replacing her weaker, regular coldsnaps with stronger coldsnaps that are ramped by her fragilities.

For more clarity, I was practicing with Kate against necro Sauron as I was planning to do this path soon. My rotation (with Chavez synergy) was: 1 coldsnap > 3 fragility > 2 more coldsnap to reach the cap of 3. At this point, I should be able to replace the first coldsnap with a better one now that I have the fragilities active, so I use an sp1 for another coldsnap, and nothing changes. I use at least another 5 sp1s, and it was still the exact same. This is a pretty significant loss in damage for something like necro, My DOT was stuck capped at 11k unboosted when it should be at 15-16k.

Has anyone else run into this and is able to confirm? Or was there some strange interaction that I missed, because I know that before you used to be able to replace her effects without having to let them fall off.

Comments

• Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    edited June 3
    When you refresh your arrows with a heavy attack it messes up the order of your coldsnaps for some reason. The two solutions is either don't bother refreshing coldsnaps until you reach the max locked in passives, or build to 2.9 bars of power and drop a sp2 and sp1 before needing to refresh with a heavy while at 5 locked in passives.
  • Options
    edited June 3
    Zuro said:

When you refresh your arrows with a heavy attack it messes up the order of your coldsnaps for some reason. The two solutions is either don't bother refreshing coldsnaps until you reach the max locked in passives, or build to 2.9 bars of power and drop a sp2 and sp1 before needing to refresh with a heavy.

Hmm interesting, I didn’t know the heavy refresh messes with the order or the coldsnaps, is that intended? Because I know that this wasn’t an issue when necro was brand new, as multiple streamers were able to replace the weak coldsnap on the first attempt.

Unfortunately there’s no chance I’m gonna be able to get 7 sp1s off without heavying to maintain my trick arrows.
  • Options
    Phantøm_EchøPhantøm_Echø Posts: 33

Zuro said:

When you refresh your arrows with a heavy attack it messes up the order of your coldsnaps for some reason. The two solutions is either don't bother refreshing coldsnaps until you reach the max locked in passives, or build to 2.9 bars of power and drop a sp2 and sp1 before needing to refresh with a heavy.

Hmm interesting, I didn’t know the heavy refresh messes with the order or the coldsnaps, is that intended? Because I know that this wasn’t an issue when necro was brand new, as multiple streamers were able to replace the weak coldsnap on the first attempt.

Unfortunately there’s no chance I’m gonna be able to get 7 sp1s off without heavying ti maintain my trick arrows.
    I'm pretty sure that's always been the case concerning the arrows. Since the heavy resets them all at the same time, the order becomes randomized as to which of the 3 is at the front. That's why usually everyone starts with the 3 fragility's before applying cold snaps, though in the case of the path you're taking I understand why not. You should be fine though, I took that path a couple of weeks ago with Kate and the +10% from the saga boosts helps offset the arrow discrepancies.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Unfortunately there’s no chance I’m gonna be able to get 7 sp1s off without heavying to maintain my trick arrows.
    Try the 2.9 bar of power method it is way easier
  • Options

Zuro said:

Unfortunately there’s no chance I’m gonna be able to get 7 sp1s off without heavying ti maintain my trick arrows.
    I'm pretty sure that's always been the case concerning the arrows. Since the heavy resets them all at the same time, the order becomes randomized as to which of the 3 is at the front. That's why usually everyone starts with the 3 fragility's before applying cold snaps, though in the case of the path you're taking I understand why not. You should be fine though, I took that path a couple of weeks ago with Kate and the +10% from the saga boosts helps offset the arrow discrepancies.
    Man I just remember it not being a problem when necro came out. And if the order is randomized, shouldn’t I have a 1/3 chance each new sp1 I throw to replace the weak one? I threw at least 6 and got nothing, obviously it could just be bad rng, but just seems unlikely.

And yea I definitely can do the path without the extra damage but it’s definitely annoying to not have it.
  • Options
    edited June 3
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

So I’d have to go 1 coldsnap to cancel the evade, then 3 fragilities, then the 2.9 bars of power trick? I assume I could refresh freely until I apply the last few coldsnaps, since there will only be one coldsnap active at first, and the order of the fragilities doesn’t matter.
  • Options

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

So I’d have to go 1 coldsnap to cancel the evade, then 3 fragilities, then the 2.9 bars of power trick? I assume I could refresh freely until I apply the last few coldsnaps, since there will only be one coldsnap active at first, and the order of the fragilities doesn’t matter.
    Yeah basically
  • Options
    Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Zuro said:

Yeah basically
    I just tried it out and it seems to work, my coldsnaps jumped to about 13.5k from 11k, less of a boost than I was expecting but noticeable nonetheless. Since this worked that also confirmed that the heavy messing with the order is the issue. Im gonna check some older streams to see if they were able to easily replace the weaker coldsnaps or not. Either way I now at least have a solution, appreciate the help 👍🏻.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,647 ★★★★★
    You can use this for your advantage. If you have duped valkyrie relic, She will give furies if you hit opponent block, Hit 4 times on opponent block and throw a special, Now the Coldsnaps damage is enhanced permanently, by 1k per tick per coldsnap to the least. I used this strategy through my entire necro run. This is better than temporary boost from Winter soldier relic.
  • Options

You can use this for your advantage. If you have duped valkyrie relic, She will give furies if you hit opponent block, Hit 4 times on opponent block and throw a special, Now the Coldsnaps damage is enhanced permanently, by 1k per tick per coldsnap to the least. I used this strategy through my entire necro run. This is better than temporary boost from Winter soldier relic.

That’s really nice to know, my first 3 6* relic crystals were Valkyrie… and yea that’s it, 3 Valk pulls. Unfortunately I already spent 2 revives to get by Sauron and I really don’t feel like dealing with him again. I really hate his sp1 even tho I can dex it 19/20 times, it just gets in my head. I will likely use Kate for another path though and probably will switch my relic.