Cleanse purify interaction

Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Member Posts: 367 ★★★
So why is cleanse not the same as a purify, why can’t apoc with 4 charges or Mr sinister prevent the debuff shrug, it just seems like a unclear descriptive way for these abilities

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    It's a new mechanic designed specifically to be different (it happens).. think Crush vs Unblockable, etc.
    The devs want to create new mechanics that require new solutions (create a need for newer champs) I personally don't participate lol (I use older champs for the most part), but I have alliance mates who love chasing new characters.. to each their own
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    edited June 4
    Now, what's interesting is Bishop definitely counters Cleanse.. he doesn't prevent it, but he can still parry stun and he punishes the Cleanse(s) with damage back
    Yet, his kit does say "Purify"
    He can definitely parry stun Jabari.. but I tried to duel my own Baron Zemo and he's too low level.. he just dies instantly at start of fight from Bishops Feedback mechanic 😂 - what's occurring in this duel is BZ Cleanses Liquid Courage and Double Edge and Bishops mechanic kills him instantly

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    As mentioned above it’s done to have more need for different champs. If they made it so that all skill champs that purify/cleansed worked with apoc. Then it would mean their value as a defender lowers exponentially. Think champs like nimrod or human torch. It’s extremely hard to find find defender champs, that have class advantage over, that are able to not just get completely shut down and obliterated by.

If you had a champ in each class that basically took out 90% of their opposing class then the need for newer champs would be less in demand and the game will eventually go stale.