**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Latest AI update

WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 365 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
So with the last patch notes Kabam stated AI should throw more specials... is it just me or are they now constantly throwing into block?

Just had Doom throw his sp1 3 times whilst I'm holding block ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

Comments

• Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 714 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

So with the last patch notes Kabam stated AI should throw more specials... is it just me or are they now constantly throwing into block?

Just had Doom throw his sp1 3 times whilst I'm holding block ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ

From when I fought doom he would usually throw sp1 into blocks. I think he is coded to do so because he has a unlockable special. Not sure tho.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,280 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Khushala have thrown 2 special attacks in BG against my Doom even when I'm holding block hard.

Like Doom is holding block, khushala will walk up to him, hold block, dex back and use special on Doom's block???

What? Like is this behaviour pre coded? Considering AI have shown tendency to dex back use specials immediately because it knows player will follow it's dex back?
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 787 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    They're throwing specials even when intimidated. Kabam went to the other extreme now. But I guess it's better than the alternative...
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 231 โ˜…โ˜…
    Elthan said:

Can they also explain if the AI still has a recovery time between its actions?

Too many times the AI can throw a SP while still recovering from a heavy attack (they throw it but they're not fully up on their feet).

Too many times, the AI can dash back and immediately retaliate with a light attack when you try to dash in, not giving you time to block.

Time to time I saw the AI being able to chain two consecutive 5 hits combo, not giving you time to do anything between the combos.

I know I grow older each year, but I can't become that bad, especially when I play 2-3 hours per day for the past 9 years.

Actually there is nothing call โ€œrecover timeโ€ here, if you record your gameplay to see, the problem is AI SKIPPING FRAMES, thatโ€™s why you see many times attacker hit the AI first but somehow we miss and they launch their special successfully! I think Kabam intentionally code it to give the AI advantage, but for our players, this is cheating!
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

They're throwing specials even when intimidated. Kabam went to the other extreme now. But I guess it's better than the alternative...

Yep try Titania in BG and see, 5-7 out 10 times after she launch sp3 the AI stil either dash forward or launch their special!
  • Options
    Elthan said:

Can they also explain if the AI still has a recovery time between its actions?

Too many times the AI can throw a SP while still recovering from a heavy attack (they throw it but they're not fully up on their feet).

Too many times, the AI can dash back and immediately retaliate with a light attack when you try to dash in, not giving you time to block.

Time to time I saw the AI being able to chain two consecutive 5 hits combo, not giving you time to do anything between the combos.

I know I grow older each year, but I can't become that bad, especially when I play 2-3 hours per day for the past 9 years.

Yeh the AI is messed up. I've noticed the chained 5 hit combos a lot recently, literally don't get time to think before you're getting another combo.

Kabam are clearly doing something but this also update I've been getting defenders throwing specials into my block a lot, Doom was just an example, in BGs most defenders are throwing the special when I'm trying to get them to hold it for my big sp2 woth fury but not happening
  • Options
    Just FYI before certain people start kicking off...

I'm not saying Kabam have messed up or done something wrong, they've made the AI throw more specials which is what they said they did just feels like it might be over tuned and they're throwing them without having to bait them at all
  • Options
    AecynAecyn Posts: 88 โ˜…
    I definitely feel like they're throwing into block. There's always a weird pause though. Used to be safe to dash in when the AI did that but now they launch specials with a weird delay and it feels like they're special intercepting you. It's something we could get used to I guess.

Other things my alliance have noticed is intercepting defenders has become much more difficult. (the SoS onslaught fight has multiple post on this point) We've just found it to be much riskier to try intercepts in general because the AI seems to prefer walking toward you forever until you dash in, where they light intercept you. This is again, something we could get used to.

The last thing that is actually problematic is the AI recovery time from anything is basically instant now. I've come out of my own sp3 animation getting hit in the face multiple times. Punishing heavy attacks and special attacks that used to be super reliable to punish just aren't safe to do anymore. Even occasionally get hit before I can block after I just finished my own combo. Almost like they were blocking the entire thing. I'm not sure how you could even prove this with video aside from the sp3 example. It would.most likely just look like you actually made the mistakes the game seems to think you're making.
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,136 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Not only that, ai is Dodging when i try to intercept & parrying my specials .

Nowadays Ai is playing good than me ๐Ÿ˜ค
  • Options
    WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 884 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    The recovery time from a parry is shorter. Right b4 you make your attack, it's recoveries and pound the hell out.๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ค
  • Options
    Aecyn said:

I definitely feel like they're throwing into block. There's always a weird pause though. Used to be safe to dash in when the AI did that but now they launch specials with a weird delay and it feels like they're special intercepting you. It's something we could get used to I guess.

Other things my alliance have noticed is intercepting defenders has become much more difficult. (the SoS onslaught fight has multiple post on this point) We've just found it to be much riskier to try intercepts in general because the AI seems to prefer walking toward you forever until you dash in, where they light intercept you. This is again, something we could get used to.

The last thing that is actually problematic is the AI recovery time from anything is basically instant now. I've come out of my own sp3 animation getting hit in the face multiple times. Punishing heavy attacks and special attacks that used to be super reliable to punish just aren't safe to do anymore. Even occasionally get hit before I can block after I just finished my own combo. Almost like they were blocking the entire thing. I'm not sure how you could even prove this with video aside from the sp3 example. It would.most likely just look like you actually made the mistakes the game seems to think you're making.

Aecyn said:

Same experience with AI special intercept
  • Options
    Yeh just thought an onslaught in war and he was walking up and hitting light, I literally watched 3 of his lights wiff it's like the AI is programmed to do this.

You can't intercept constantly at all anymore and it's such a simple fix it's frustrating.

For the BG tournament they hosted they literally just added an aggressive node, it was so so simple and the AI threw specials, dashed in normally did everything they used to do and actually allowed the competitors to play properly, how hard is it for Kabam to just add that node into war and BG?